Dr. Susan Marcelli MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2014
Horrible experience at Womans Care Florida on jeffords st, Clearwater FL
Yesterday my wife and I went for our monthly visit. We sat in the waiting room, my wife got weighed, they did an ultra sound and then we saw Dr Susan L Marcelli. Up until this point everything seem normal and expected when going in for a check-up. My wife explained to Dr Susan L Marcelli of her symptoms she has been experiencing which were contractions, lower back pain, cramps, occasional bleeding and headaches. After mentioning all these issues to Dr Susan L Marcelli she didn't care. It seem like she was just listening but in a rush to cut of the conversation and leave. When my wife mentioned that she worked in banking and that on a daily basis people complain, yell, make scenes about money issues Dr Susan L Marcelli's response was " people yell at me all the time". My wife asked the doctor if there was a way she could help because she works 6 days a week, 40 plus hrs, 8-12 hr days, Dr Susan L Marcelli responded " I had to work 12 hrs a day and in med school when I was pregnant, you can do it too" that is hard for me to believe that is proper ethical conduct for a doctor. Im sure during all your classes and schooling they teach doctors how to communicate properly. We told her if there was a way we could get a second opinion and Dr Susan L Marcelli said " sure go to another doctor""here is your slip goodbye" and left the room. I could not believe that. I don't want Dr Susan L Marcelli at time of birth because her behavior was rude and I don't know what she will do to my unborn child. My wife is going to see a therapist tomorrow because this affected her all day yesterday. She couldn't even sleep. Its obvious that Dr Susan L Marcelli doesn't know how to treat pregnant women who are more sensitive and need special attention. Is this the kind of service i'm paying for?

June 21st, 2014
I really liked Dr. Marcelli the first time I had her for my 1st trimester ultrasound. After questioning the need for certain tests she became very abrasive and insensitive. She didnt take the time to explain why I needed them but instead told me that 'my baby & I would be treated differently at the hospital' and I had no choice but to do them. Extremely unprofessional & I will not be treated by her any longer.

February 27th, 2014
Nonsense
This was my first and last time seeing Dr. Marcelli. The staff of the office were very friendly and kind, so is Dr. McCance, but Dr. Marcelli was cold and strange to me. I went in asking about the possibility of an IUD, after doing over 10 hours of research over a couple weeks, and for my yearly. I just met her and she asked me to tell her why I was there and sat there with her mouth pursed like she might explode. I asked her what she would like to say and she told me she doesn't do IUDs on women who haven't had children (even though multiple studies site that is not a factor). She did not ask me any questions about myself or my health. Since I've changed jobs and insurance since last time I'd visited my insurance provider said I could ask her to reccomend me a doc in network. Her exact words were, "Why would I do that?" She explained that other docs are her competition, so why would she give me to one of them? She wanted to give me the arm implant. Before my visit I got a message from the office telling me that with my new insurance (Cigna) that my visit would cost $92. They billed my insurance for $225, over twice what they told me on the phone. The Dr. did no tests on me at all. I could have done what she did with a mirror and without the attitude.

July 23rd, 2012
Love Dr. Marcelli
I have seen a lot of doctors in my time, this doctor was recommended by a friend. I have been seeing her now for about 8 years. She has always been very attentive to me. Has answered all of my questions, takes the time to answer and explain everything to me. Has offered many solutions. I have since recommended her to other friends.

December 10th, 2016