Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very thorough exam  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2014

Very thorough exam. Went over results slowly & clearly. Good experience.

|  a superb doctor  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

First, I want to say that I'm sad because I heard that Dr. Mclaughlin is leaving Mercy. Too bad, because she's the best dermatologist there (the other one there, Laura something is abrupt and impersonal). Anyway, Dr. M is really nice, and pleasant, and always explains what she needs to do, and you can tell that she cares. Not only that but she is just an excellent physician. Our family will follow her wherever she ends up after Mercy. Plus, when you go to Mercy they charge an extra facility fee that they don't charge at private practices. SO beware of that. You're best bet is to follow Dr. M. I believe that her new office will be in Columbia maryland not far from baltimore.

|  The dermatologist to see! Wonderful  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

Dr. McLaughlin exhibited warmth and professionalism in every aspect of care. Despite how busy she is, she always takes the time to explain her findings and treatment plan. She is friendly, open, and obviously very dedicated to patient care. Very knowledgable. It took awhile to get an appointment with her but that is because she is very popular. The wait time was long but the office at Mercy Hospital appeared to be very short staffed. I saw many medical assistants walking around but only one was helping Dr. McLaughlin. In any case, she takes care of our entire family, and we are all thrilled and delighted with her caring manner and excellent healthcare.

|  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

I like the ease, gentleness that Dr.McLaughlin uses with me. She is very professional but, very down to earth. She make you feel that she could be your friend outside of the office. Going to the Ellicott City office is so convenient for me

|  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

I found my first visit with Dr. Mclaughlin totally satisfactory. I went in for a routine full body scan. She spent a good amount of time looking me over, and biopsied one spot. She answered all my questions and gave some recommendations on over the counter moisturizers as I requested. I have left other offices who prescribed costly creams which I found useless. Also, there was no literature, etc. for cosmetic procedures. A medical office - not a spa.

|  Will not go back  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2011

I have a recurring problem: a bump that comes and goes. It's always in the same palce, but rises and lowers. I had to wait many months to get an appt, and of course the bump wasnt raised when I went in for my appointment. I pointed to where it comes up, and she said--without even looking under a light or through an eyepiece---"It's not there now." I assured her it keeps flaming up and needs to be dealt with, and she replied "Well I dont see it, and I'm a professional." That was the end of it! Save your co-pay and see a doctor who is interested in helping you. Cold and unhelpful.

|  Great!  |  show details
by ColumbiaGirl on Oct 2nd, 2009

Originally went for mild acne, she was absolutely great. I had a suspicious mole, and even though it did end up needing to be removed, she made it totally easy and calmed me down. Very personable and great at listening too and answering your all your questions and concerns. Would highly recommend to anyone.