Dr. Susan Mendelsohn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 10 reviews

March 6th, 2015
Good eye Susan!
Susan is always so prompt/fun/exact/and is never ever wrong in my book. The staff is excellent. I trust Susan with my body. Susan recently found a hic-up in my breast and immediately got the ball rolling on a small cyst that turned out to be a problem I am starting my journey now...I never even knew existed without a yearly visit. I missed 1 Mamogram last year (very busy with husbands cancer journey.).I retired months ago and made time for me. Susan saw/felt a problem and she got the ball rolling immediate. Don't miss yearly check-up's ..early detection is priority.

April 12th, 2014
This review is specifically for Dr. Susan A. Mendelsohn and generally about the Orange Coast Women's Medical Group. PROs... several locations late afternoon appt times lab results online I can ask the nurse staff online questions and get responses within average 24 hrs. I like this feature! Dr. Susan Mendelsohn's certs are great Dr. Susan Mendelsohn's surgical skills are great Dr. Susan Mendelsohn's follow-up care to my surgery was great, called me a week later to check on me as well as provide pathology results; plus multiple visits to address post-surgery issue. Overall the wait times aren't bad. I had multiple post-surgery appts and on average didn't wait very long for Dr. Mendelsohn. Remember all doctors' offices squeeze in patients in their schedule if they need appts on short notice and also some patients ask a lot of questions. So even if they do rush, be prepared for your appt and ask all your questions anyway. Overall my experience here is good and I'll stay. Yes they get busy and rush at times but it's not bad and the bottom line is the quality of your doctor. After major surgery and multiple visits I recommend Dr. Mendelsohn for her surgical expertise and experience. The variety of appointment times and online features are a big plus for me. CONs... phlebotomist from my visit in 2012 is not great, she poked me several times but wasn't able to draw the blood, plus she smokes (ugh!). Not sure if she's there now but I go to my normal lab to get blood drawn. They may ask for your co-pay/co-insurance for procedures before it's performed but I negotiated w/ my doctor to pay half up-front and it wasn't a problem. The half I paid actually paid it in full when it was all said and done and insurance figured in.

February 4th, 2013
Best doctor around
Dr. Mendelsohn is an amazing doctor. Her care and concern for her patients is second to none. She saw me through an incredibly difficult pregnancy and delivery and was with me every step of the way. She even stopped by to see me almost daily during my 7 week stay in the hospital. She puts her patients above her personal life when needed and I never worried that she would do anything that put me or my unborn babies at risk. I knew I was in excellent hands with her. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a ob/gyn.

September 8th, 2012
Insurance
It is realy disappointing to see the medical industry take insurance more seriously than patients. I have a great PPO and this doctors office actually wanted me to pay my entire deductible including hosptial for my pregnancy up front, not at the time of each visit. With a PPO you can change doctors without much problem and what if I wanted to do that, or i ended up in another area and went into labor, I am already in debted to this one hospital and doctor? It is so rediculous and since I have not had to encounter pregnancy with a PPO I dont know what is normal but when I asked, "You want me to pay the entire amount due BEFORE services are rendered" and the answer was "yes" I chose to find someone more flexible. When you're pregnant, or for any reason, we need to take back our health care and speak up about this type of situation, if it bothers you. We are the client, we are the patient, we are the ones who should be able to choose what makes us comfortable and I would never pay a contractor, attorney, or anyone up front in full before the job is done. Very disappointing, and after feeling like a number I took my "business" to someone highly recommended who "works with" each person within their comfort level. Thank you to people and doctors who still see each person as an individual and treat them as such.

October 19th, 2011
Most Caring and Thorough Doctor
Dr. Mendelsohn treats each patient's concerns with kindness and respect. She is in high demand, but always takes the time to listen. You will never be a number with this doctor. She's brilliant AND she cares, a rare commodity in the medical field.

October 6th, 2011
Excellent !!!!!!!
the only word that describes her --- Excellent !!

September 19th, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. Mendelsohn forover 15 years. I have had surgery performed by her as well as semi annual and annual well woman exams. Dr. Mendelsohn is the doctor that all doctors should aspire to be. Kind, concerned, spends time with you, takes the time to know who you are, and is just a good person and a great doctor. I hope I never need to look for another OB-GYN.

February 7th, 2011
My Favorite Doctor
I've gone to Dr. Mendelsohn for 20 years. She is the best doctor I've ever had. She's caring, funny, and knowledgable. She's always up on the latest news and techniques in her field. It's not easy to get an appointment, and sometimes it's a long wait, but that's because she's so popular!

October 28th, 2010
I would highly recommend Dr. Mendelsohn. She is an excellent physical with great bedside manner.

October 7th, 2010
she is an excellent doctor and has treated me for 15 years. expert at diagnosing any problems and puts her patients first above everything. I am moving out of state but I made sure I am getting the type of insurance that I can still travel out of state to see her, She is welll worth it.