Dr. Susan Minkowitz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Minkowitz?

Excellent doctor

Posted on September 2nd, 2017

Caring, following up, and spend time with patient, explaining.

Office Assistant

Posted on October 7th, 2016

Worst Doctor I Have Ever Been To.

Posted on July 7th, 2014

You will be sorry if you see Dr Minkowitz. Any question, any refill, any anything she would just tell me to make a new appointment and then hang up on me. Then when I would get there she would do nothing. I would not recommend her for a hamster/ Also, her office asst. Jessie was the most obnoxious, unprofessional person I have ever dealt with.

Fabulous Doctor!! - KJB

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

Dr. Minkowitz is a great doctor! I was referred to her 23 years ago and have been with her since. I could not have selected a better PCP. I started, and continue, to see her because she reminds me of doctors of yesteryear and is truly a family doctor. She believes in treating people, not numbers. She is personable, caring and genuinely concerned about the general well being of her patients. Her examinations are thorough and she welcomes any questions asked. She provides the same level of care to all of her patients, regardless of ethnicity or socio-economic status. Over the years, I have referred many people of diverse backgrounds, including family, friends and co-workers, to her. No one has ever told me they had a poor experience with her and, like me, most remain her patients today.

My Wonderful Dr. Minkowitz

Posted on June 21st, 2012

Where do I begin, Dr. Minkowitz is by far one of the finest doctors I have ever had. She is kind and takes her time with her patients, she is always available when you call her and if not she will call you back. I never feel uncomfortable with her and she always answers my questions never leaving me to wonder what is going on with me. I highly recommend her and wish more doctors would be like Dr. Minkowitz.

Not for non-white patients with complicated health problems

Posted on January 3rd, 2012

My friend recommended Dr. Minkowitz very highly, so I spent more than an hour travelling from Brooklyn to Midtown to see her expecting the same friendly treatment that other reviewers have received. However, I was disappointed to observe that she was not even-handed in dealing with patients. During my first visit she listened carefully, asked questions and asked a nurse to draw my blood. She gave me her card and encouraged me to call her with any questions. However, when I called she sounded very rushed and told me I had to come in person if I wanted to discuss the results.So I took time off work again, came all the way back, and waited more than 45 minutes while I heard her chatting and laughing with other patients, looking at their baby photos, asking about their family members, and socializing with them. Clearly she gets along with them really well. They also happen to be of European descent, while I am not. Coincidence?During this second visit, she spent less than 5 minutes with me and then walked quickly out of the room without even saying goodbye. She left so fast I wasn't sure whether the appointment was over or not. I then heard her greeting other patients warmly. She walked by me while I was waiting to pay her fee, but refused to make eye contact or acknowledge my presence in any way.Not sure if she is uncomfortable with patients of different races, or thinks I am faking my symptoms. Other doctors have been stumped by my severe and inexplicable fatigue, but they didn't take it out on me personally by treating me as if I didn't exist.If a doctor can't diagnose a patient, she can simply say something like "I give up; I don't know what's causing your health problems. Sorry, I can't do anything more for you." Every patient should be treated with respect and frankness, regardless of race or mental health status. Good doctors treat all their patients with equal respect, even the ones they don't know how to treat.Positives: the Miller Practice office is spacious and well organized, the reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the office manager apologized to me for Dr. Minkowitz's rude and unprofessional behavior. Needless to say I won't be going back again.

Posted on November 15th, 2011

Dr. Susan Minkowitz is the best doctor in my world for sure as I have been going to her over 10 years and have been treated like I am her only patient. She has that bedside manner that no other doctor in my entire life has had and she really cares about her patients. She always goes the extra maile that one needs and would do anything to make sure you have received her care and anything else that you may require........correct medicine, tests etc.

Posted on November 15th, 2011

Dr. Susan Minkowitz is the finest and most caring doctor I have ever known. She is extremely competent, knowledgable and compassionate. Dr. Minkowitz is easily accessible and very informed about my medical history. She is held in the highest regard by the NYU medical community. Dr. Susan Minkowitz came highly recommended to me and I am l pleased to give her my highest recommendation. I have never met another doctor who treats each patient with such dignity and respect. I would travel anywhere to keep Dr. Minkowitz as my primary doctor.

S

Posted on November 15th, 2011

Dr. Minkowitz has been my doctor for over 10 years. She is the most caring and wonderful doctor I have ever had. She diagnosed my illness 3 years ago and when I was in treatment she not only called me almost every day to see how I was but helped me so much mentally that there are not sufficient words to describe this caring unique person. If all doctors were like her the world would be very lucky. My whole family uses Dr. Minkowitz and we all think she is the best doctor ever. She is the best. I hope she remains a doctor forever as I don't know what I would do without her. Don't even want to entertain that thought. I have never had a doctor like her. I consider myself very lucky to have her as my doctor.

Great NYC Doctor

Posted on November 15th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Minkowitz for about 10 years now and have always felt like I was in great hands. She is thoughtful, caring, spends all the time needed with you, and is a very good clinician. If you have a pressing need to see her, she fits you into her schedule. She follows up. She's got a wonderful bedside manner that always puts me at ease. I highly recommend her.

A great caring and kind doctor in NYC

Posted on November 15th, 2011

The best thing about Dr. Minkowitz is the time she will spend with her patients. In a era of 'hurry hurry hurry medicine' it's really important to find someone who will take the time to listen to you explain your symptoms.I have been going to Dr. Minkowitz for almost 20 years for my asthma and I would (and do) recommend her to anyone who asks me for a doctor referral in NYC. I followed her from her small office on East Broadway, LES to the 14th Street office during the St Vincent's turmoil and now to the Miller Practice on 52nd. Street.I am not a big fan of large practices with their impersonal front desk staffs and annoying phone tree systems, so it is a testament to Dr. Minkowitz's ability and bedside manner that I am sticking with her at the Miller Practice.Highly recommended!!!

Do not go to her unless you have something obvious like a broken leg

Posted on November 7th, 2011

Worthless as a doctor. If I could rate her -5 I would. Worst doctor I've ever been to. My visits to her were a complete and utter waste of time and money.