Dr. Susan Mosier-La Clair MD Patient Reviews

3.9

February 19th, 2017
Go to someone else
Mosier-LaClair walked in the room at 4:00 with her assistant. She introduced herself and her Associate. Then she started looking at my son's ankle and had her assistant take notes. She was speaking very fast. Then when she tried to speak to me about her findings she was telling me also speaking so fast I had to ask her to repeat some things. Dr Mosier-LaClair told us my son needs surgery. When I asked her to repeat the name of the surgery she said "it will be in the notes to my doctor". I said I want to write the name down now so I can look into it. I felt very uncomfortable, rushed, belittled,. Then Dr. Mosier-LaClair said her scheduler will come in to schedule surgery. Tammy the scheduler came in and handed me a clip board with a paper to read and sign before she could schedule surgery. The paper stated that for ANY reason I cancel my son's surgery I will have to pay $100.00. The 1st date Tammy gave me was in a week and a half. We had plans for that date so I asked can we go another week. Tammy flipped a few pages and told me Dr. Mosier-LaClair was book out at least weeks. I was told if I don't want to loose my spot for my son's surgery I need to contact them ASAP. I went out into the hallway and change our flight back for the day before the surgery date. I signed the paper and told Tammy we can do that day. I also told Tammy how poorly and rude they treated us. We were belittle, bullied, into felling we had to get this done and only on the date they provided. When I went home and discussed this with my husband I realized that the doctor said the surgery will be done at an out patient surgery center. I called the scheduler Tammy in the morning to tell her my son had a Hypoplastic lung (one full functioning lung) and he need to have surgery in the hospital. Again I was told that I should of told them this the day before. I have taken my son in that office at least 5 times. EVERY time I go in I fill a form out about his health, past surgerys and medications. The office failed. I got a second opinion from a U of M Dr. Michelle Caird. She said absolutely no surgery. He needs physical therapy.

January 31st, 2017
Educated, Concise, Thorough, and Pleasant !
My visit with Dr. Susan Mosier-LaClair was wonderful. With the size of the office it did take some time to get back to see her but it was convenient to have the x-rays taken in the same office as the surgeon was in. She took the time to explain my diagnosis and the treatment options that I had and her medical assistant was funny, charismatic and so helpful getting everything that I needed before leaving the office. She made sure we tried non-surgical treatment before jumping right into surgery. Dr. Mosier-LaClair does talk quickly but will go over the information with you again if you just ask. She also sends a copy of your visit to your home which is so nice to be able to read over what she went said on exam. I would highly recommend Dr. Mosier-LaClair !

December 17th, 2015
the run around
Dr.Mosier is very rude,she set me a date for surgery,had me collect all x rays and diagnosis from other doctors I've seen prior to seeing her then cancelled my surgery four days before it was supposed to happen.

October 22nd, 2015
This Doctor is Really Awesome!!
She listened, was very informative, and was willing to work with me regarding the future of my health. I am on my feet most of the day, and she has done a lot to help me succeed, and be free of pain.

October 4th, 2015
Would not recommend this dr. She diagnosed tendinitis (Achilles heel tendon) MrI showed tendon was torn (high grade tear) and described the tear etc. I questioned the physical therapy she had me in as I was getting worse. She said it was an old tear healed over. Got another opinion and x-rays and ultra-sound showing the tear and chipped heel spur. I have since had surgery repairing it. For almost a year I limped around in pain and had a bulge above my heel. All she prescribed was some cream (?) and PT, She spent most of my tme in her office coversing with 2 others in there teaching I guess. Would never go back or recommend her.

March 5th, 2015
Love her! She has been wonderful! Straight forward and to the point. Love that!