Dr. Susan Stein MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Casa Grande, AZ

2.6

January 24th, 2013
Dr. Stein was willing to spend time answering all of my questions, even those outside gyneological concerns. Her manner was friendly, professional, and very thorough. She spent so much time answering my questions ( five minutes?) that the nurse knocked on the door asking if everything was all right. I hope I can locate Dr. Stein now that she is no longer associated with A Woman's Place.

April 28th, 2012
Dr. Stein looks like she needs a Dr.
I went to see Dr. Stein because I was advised to get a second opinion, when she entered the room my first thought was she looks ill and she should be seen by a doctor NOW! I explained my symptoms and she told me "not to worry about it "as she was walking out of the room, to which I replied "Don't you think you should at least examine me"? Yes that is right I had tell her to examine me. Doctors like her cost patients their lives. Please avoid her.

March 23rd, 2012
Rushed
Dr. Stein was rough, unfriendly, unkept and in a rush. She seemed disinterested and I left with no answers. I made an appointment to see another doctor from the parking lot. Would not recommend. Waiting room is cluttered with toys - looks like a low-rent pediatrician's office, not "a woman's place".

September 10th, 2010
Do not see her!
I have never been treated so unprofessionaly in my life! No bedside manner nor treat you as a person. She does not care why you are there or ask a single question - just literally jams a finger in while talking to her assistant the whole time (5 seconds). I felt violated by her. Then she said I needed all these tests done - I explained I already had been tested for stomach problems. No questions were even asked before and she was sending me on! I wish I would have read the reviews before I saw her. NEVER will again, and I hope no one ever has to experience what I did.

August 19th, 2010
Avoid Her!
I have been to many OB's and gynecologists and she is by far the worst one I have ever encountered. She barely knows what she's doing, makes excuses for her lack of expertise, and to top it all off, has a terrible bedside manner. Don't waste your time like I did!

June 25th, 2010
Total Hysterectomy
I went to her with the referral from my MD. Susan Stein right away stated the diagnosis that I had no choice but to go for a total hysterectomy as soon as possible. I was comfortable with her and my husband and I asked what we thought were lot's of questions and recieved comfortable answers. I have a niece which worked in her office at the time and felt everything she said and the office did for me at the time was convincing enough for me to go ahead with the surgery. Bad mistake. After the surgery for the follow up visits she rushed me and would go thru my visits in a hurry not wanting to answer complete questions. After my surgery I saw her 7 times in 2 weeks. I was bleeding and in pain. She stated I was over reacting and need to give my self time to heal. Everything was normal and I would stope bleeding and have no pain in time would send me home with pain meds and more antibiotics. Come to find out she is inexperienced and incompitant to do the surgery. After having so much pain I went to the emergency room and was admitted and put on IV anitibiotics. I was hospitalized twice after the surgery becuase of an infection Dr. Stien was not able to take care of, treating me with antibiotics at home. Dr. Stein came into my hospital room on Monday after I saw her on Friday and told me I was obviously over reacting and did not need to come to the ER over the weekend. However, since I was there she was going to have them treat me.After the hospital stay for another 5 days I went to her office and followed up and she was rude to me and my husband and told me it was in my head and nothing was wrong with me.I again went to the ER and was readmitted for 2 days the infection was slight but still there. She was again upset and sent Dr. Cooper to see me in the hospital. She told me she was covering for Dr. Stein. After this hopsital stay I never have gone back to her and found another OB/GYN.I went ahead and researched about who and when you need a total hyterectomy. I did not need to have total hysterectomy and now I am miserable. This has changed my life and I have a hard time coping with my pain and discomfort and all the changes I am having to live with. I have come across plenty of other women Dr. Stein did the same thing to. I am writing this so other women will get 2nd opions and not believe the referral from your MD is enough. Susan Stein is not and should not be doing life changing surgery's. It is a surgery and life that I will never get back. I do not recommend this office of Doctors. You will be a number verses a human being. I should have got a clue when she would rush thru the appointments and was rude. She does not care and does not need to be in business. Do not trust this office or any doctor without getting that 2nd opion. A life changing surgery should be taken more seriously.

May 11th, 2010
Knowledge and Patient caring
Dr. Stein rushed through my first and all subsequent exams. Most times not providing answer to my concerns about a medical issue I did not understand. She seemed to lack information on the issue that I felt should have been one she had extensive knowledge about given her speciality. One such question was in regard to how I should handle personal hygine for an infection so as not to spread the infection. I had to look up the information myself on the internet. She ordered expensive lab work not paid for by my insurance (Medicare) without discussing what test she was ordering and the reason why she was ordering those tests.In one case I was actually charged for collecting a sample for a PAP test that I did not have. Medical office records indicated correctly that I had refused the test. I will no longer use this doctor or any other one from this clinic as I feel they cannot be trusted to provide me with proper care or courtesy.