Dr. Susan Tucker MD Patient Reviews

2.6

March 18th, 2015
She does not care about her patients at all. She should not be a mental health care provider. She focuses on what she wants, not what the patient wants. Terrible psychiatrist. Very rude.

August 1st, 2014
Dr. Tucker needs to stop practicing psychiatry
I came to Dr. Tucker after moving here from another state. I explained to her the medications that I was on and how they were working great. She took me off all of my meds, starting me on new ones. My symptoms got really bad and when I told her this she basically blew me off. I gave it more than a year and my symptoms were out of control. I have now switched to another doctor and am back on the meds I started with doing great. It seems to me that possibly Dr. Tucker only wants to see patients with easy diagnosis where she does not have to work to find a good solution. I say this because she is very picky about who she even accepts as a patient. My question to her is that if you only see certain patients then maybe you should think about getting out of psychiatry all together. You are in the business of helping people and you did the opposite to me even though I addressed this with you several times. I see on other reviews that you have dropped patients when they have become hospitalized. That is morally unacceptable. I also see that on reviews you have dropped patients with no explanation. Dr. Tucker I hope you read these reviews. Why on earth are you still practicing. Going to see you as a psych patient caused me so much emotional distress that I ended up worse than I started. Why on earth would you switch someone's meds that are working to ones you prefer. It is so unfair. I am so angry with you and will never recommend you to anyone I know or love.

February 20th, 2014
Dr. Susan Tucker
I was refused an appointment with no explanation. Yes, they are taking new patients. My insurance company checked. When I first called to schedule, they asked for my medical history as well as all medications. I was told I would be called back. When they finally called at least a week later, I was not at home. When I called back a few weeks later, I was told I would not be accepted by this doctor. This is alarming as well as disturbing. This "doctor" should not be in the business of mental health.

December 21st, 2013
Dr. Tucker dropped a young adult patient, because parent wrote a letter to her asking for her professional assistance, with response to be directed to the patient due to legal confidentiality laws. Doctor refused to even read the letter, and replied with a termination letter to the patient. She has extremely unprofessional,rude conduct, & totally lacks diplomacy. Mental illness impacts entire families, not just patients. This woman does not care about her patients, or the families who have to live with her patients symptoms daily and pay her bills. Run away from her as fast as you can.

May 23rd, 2013
Why are you doing what you do?
I have been a patient of Dr. Tucker for quite sometime. If my desire to go through the pains of switching Doctors, outweighed the torment of being Dr. Tucker's patient, I would have switched after the first visit. She is at the highest level of rude and condescending. She belittles by nature and with undertones of unearned arrogance. I would recommend checking out every other doctor possible before subjecting yourself to this Doctor and her staff. The question I have is, if the above listed complaints are true, why are you Dr. Tucker doing what you do? Are you happy with constant poor reviews? Do you find success and fullfillment in poor service? I'd reconsider what I am doing, or would simply do better.

September 27th, 2012
Great doc
I had a great experience with Dr. Tucker. She took the time to listen after asking relevent questions. She seemed to really care and work with me to find the appropriate treatment plan. I would highly recommend this doctor.

February 21st, 2012
I've seen Dr. Tucker a few times and she seems to want to focus on my insomnia. We still haven't figured it it. I know from experience with meds it's trial and error but when I tell her something isn't working she doesn't seem to listen to what I have to say. My first visit I was a crying wreck and had a a lot of other issues that were important that we haven't really talked about. I think I have PTSD my daughter almost dying and finally realizing it might be a real issue for me. Hopefully she responds to me and is willing to treat me properly. If not I will go elsewhere. she always seems to be behind with her appointments. I'm always waiting past my appointment time and always more than 15 mins. Her staff always seems friendly but I'm not sure she will be the right fit for me.

December 6th, 2011
caregiver and advocate/psych RN
Dr Tucker and/or office workers failed to return calls in a timely manner if at all. Though message was sent that pt. was experiencing more depression following an appt. when meds. were eliminated, MD declined to make adjustments. Pt ended up in hopsital for 1 week, only to learn upon discharge that Dr Tucker did not wish to see her in follow up appointments. No explanation! I phoned and requested a phone call to justify her action/inaction - no response! Her behavior is unprofessional and totally unacceptable. A very depressed pt., happy to be feeling better, then crying because her own physician abandoned her. How does that make her feel about herself? Inexcusable! Dr. Tucker could have made up an excuse, but didn't even bother......