Dr. Susan Rife DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 10th, 2015
You call her a Doctor?
Examined my mother in hospital and two days later a medical student discovered a large mass on her breast that Dr Rife never even mentioned. When confronted the doctor had no comment. How do you not see a large mass on the breast during an examination? My mother was referred to an oncologist and died shortly thereafter.

February 10th, 2015
Stay away.
She passes patients off to med students, who dismiss symptoms like the lumps on my neck that turned out to be cancer. One told me they were due to a cold, but I didn't have a cold. The med student then talks to the doctor in the hallway about your concerns but what are they leaving out?? The doctor may not talk to you at all or she'll decide you need a test done and quickly hand you an order and leave. She told me the pain I was feeling in certain areas were nothing to worry about but another doctor ordered a cbc and the results were cancer.

January 26th, 2015
the worst dr ever.
Had been a patient for many years. Why did I stay. I do not know.. Loyality means nothing to her. I fell on hard times my insurance changed. She dropped me like a hot potato. Left me hanging with no medication to carry me over to a new dr...Refused to refill my medication.Would not work with me and my insurance..Didnt care . Even though she has the resource to do so..Staff told me to find out info of what where ect...I work in the medical field. I am not stupid when it comes to health care...She doesnt seem to care to try and make you better..

October 3rd, 2013
I really enjoy going to doctor Rife's office. The front staff is friendly and Dr . Rife explains all that I need to know about my condition. She answers all my questions and concerns. It puts my mind at ease.

September 23rd, 2013
The worst doctor I have ever seen
I was new to the Orland park area, looking for a doctor for my children, along with myself. Unfortunetly, it was a nightmare. She screwed up my infants immunizations, and when i called questioning it, she was soooooo ignorant, I couldn't believe it. Something as routine as an immunization schedule for a doctor should not be a problem, and she shrugged me off, and was beyond the point of rude. Before this incident even occurred, I should've followed my instinct, when she wrote out a prescription for my daughter, that I thought was something to help with her sinuses, and when getting to the pharmacy, turned put to be an antibiotic. She never even spoke of putting her on one. Horrible, horrible doctor.

March 30th, 2012
Poor Customer Service
As a first time patient, it was extremely difficult to get an appointment. You almost have to go without a cause to "meet" the doctor. Until then, you are not considered her patient so she won't give you a referral to an urgent/immediate care center if you are unable to schedule an appointment with her. On multiple occasions, I was asked to call back to check if an appointment freed up. Otherwise, an appointment with the doctor could be set in 2-3 weeks. Who wants to wait that long to see a doctor if they are sick. The registration staff seems overwhelmed and oftentimes put me on hold and even hung up on me. They were not concerned of any issues that people may be calling about. Although somewhat curteous, it is not my interest in hearing that the reason why I've been holding for over 10 minutes is becuase the other receptionist called in sick that day. As for the doctor's approach to children, I found that she did not calm my children up by talking to them. She did not seem sympathetic to the fact that they were there for the first time and may be unfamiliar with her. The office is not what I would call a top of the line office and it did not seem clean. The office felt like a provintial doctor's office - there was even an eating area next to one of the examination room. I did not notice that hands were sanitized prior to examination. I am definitely not going there again. After reviewing the reviews from last year, it does not seem that much has changed.

March 24th, 2012
Patient
Dr Rife is a great doctor. The help is less than subpar. My nurse Linda C was rude and acted like she was a know it all. She diagnosed me before the doctor even came in and was way off. Leave it to the doctors. I also never saw her wash her hands or practice any sort of sanitation.

March 22nd, 2011
Terrible customer care
Blood work results were said to be back to us by Wednesday. We called Wednesday twice, were told they would call us back. By Saturday still no phone call, called Dr Rife's office three times Saturday and after threatening to not pay for our visit they finally a half hour later call us back with the results which I honestly do not think they ever had. I think that because they NEVER sent the results to the other doctor so we still 9 days later can not fill the prescription my wife really needs.

April 7th, 2009
Dr. Rife is a poor excuse for doc. I think she is more interested in the bottom line then the care of the patient. I was recently in her office for a cyst on my finger. I had already received a physical from my OB/GYN. I made this clear to 3 members of her staff including herself. My ins. only covers 1 physical a year. I was seen first by a student. She asked me some family history questions checked my reflexes etc.. As far as I was concerned she was getting some experience. Dr. Rife enters the room, does not discuss w/ me what the student had done. Looks a my finger for a minute. Tells me I have to go somewhere else. She can't handle it. No tests ordered. Nothing . I get an explanation of benefits She charged me $208 for a physical. I called the office and they spoke to Dr. Rife. They call me back a week later and tell me they are not willing to do anything. What a joke. Please save yourself the hassle of bad care.

August 23rd, 2008
Want are you looking for?--Excellent doctor or excellent bedside manner? My family and I choose excellent doctor over bedside manner
Dr. Rife does not hesitate to refer you out if there is a problem and does not hesitate to order tests if there is a need for them. Thanks to her excellent medical skills, she immediately referred my husband for tests and to a specialist when she suspected cancer. Thanks to her quick response, my husband with stage 4 cancer was "saved" by her quick thinking and referrals.

April 12th, 2017