Dr. Susan Rothenberg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

April 13th, 2012
Dr. Rothenberg can be pleasant at times but she definitely needs more improvement in sensitivity and bedside manners. She can be abrupt at times and she always seem busy when meeting with me. I feel rushed and if I have questions, she give sarcastic responses as though I am a doctor and I'm suppose to know what she's always talking about.

September 7th, 2011
Does not return calls after prescribing medication that leads to troubling symptoms
Rothenberg's bedside manner was curt and professional, which may be just be standard for NYC doctors, who knows. The real problem was when she prescribed medication that led to troubling symptoms. No calls were returned by Rothenberg or her staff when I followed up to figure out my best course of action. I will have to find another doctor now.

August 24th, 2011
Dr Rothenberg herself was lovely, but her staff was appalling incompetent - haven't returned 3 different messages, did not offer me 3 different screenings that i knew I needed and tried to argue with me about them, and now have not sent my medical records to the new doctor i am tranferring to. this is the kind of practice that, due to incompetence, can cause harm to their patients.

June 9th, 2011
she is good her staff could not be worse
-Impossible to get refills, my pharmacy and I have to call an average of 5-6 times every month to get my birth control re-prescribed-Registration staff are unprofessional and rude-Golide, Dr Rothenberg's nurse is not sensitive to needs and does not return calls

April 1st, 2011
Find another Doctor
The office lost my first appt with a doctor I had done my homework in researching. As I had already waited six weeks for that appointment I said I would take any female doctor. Unfortunately, I got Dr Rothenberg. While the nurses checked me in they said I could either have a yearly exam or talk to her about the pain I was having but not both. I thought this was so odd as what Doctor doesn't treat the whole patient?? I went with the yearly exam as I was well overdue and how could she treat my pain if she didn't know my body in the least??? Very odd. During my exam she scolded me for going years between exams and told me I should have kept looking for a good doctor. Well trust me honey - I'm still looking. When I got the results of my test from the RN one thing came back positive. I called back for additional info and to see about a follow up exam and never received a return phone call. Definitely will take my care elsewhere.

March 15th, 2011
Judgmental.
Dr Rothenberg denied me an IUD because I wasn't married. I was in a committed relationship at the time and I'd tried other forms of birth control weren't right for me.Her exact words were "I don't generally administer IUDs to women who aren't married." She was cold, rude, and when I asked her why, she just said she couldn't prove I was in a committed relationship. I got upset and she simply left me to the nurse.Horrible. I switched doctors immediately.

February 11th, 2011
It is nearly impossible to speak with a live person -- even a nurse -- at this office. If you want to speak to your physician, you are given an appointment weeks if not months from the date of your call. Dr. Rothenberg does not serve as your advocate in asking the lab to, for instance, deliver results quickly. This office takes a lot of different types of insurance, which seems to be its biggest selling point. It is also conveniently located at Union Square.

October 13th, 2010
Ice cold, totally not caring, impatient, not professional
that was my worst experience ever. after I told her my breast was sore, she didn't even visit me. I think she should work for a farm, or something. She would be great at dealing with cows, rather than with human beings.

July 16th, 2010
Not a good experience!
I went to DR Rothenberg because she was recommended by my insurance provider. Her office was close to my work place, but that is all I can say that is positive about her or her office staff.I went to her five times, primarily for my annual exams, but I would bet money that she would not recognize me if we met outside of her office. She rarely looked me in the eye, she rushed through the exams, and she seemed eager to get me off of her t-do list.Which is funny, because I ALWAYS waited over 30 minutes to get seen. I had to make my appointments at least 3 months in advance, but I was regularly treated like a burden by both the doctor and her dismissive staff. One time I waited for over an hour, and they eventually sent me home because their work day was over. This doctor and her staff treated me with disrespect. I look forward to meeting my new OB/GYN, and I encourage you to avoid Dr. Rothenberg altogether.

February 13th, 2010
Originally I was referred to the practice, not this particular doctor, from a friend. I was very happy with Dr. Rothenberg after the appointment. She put me at ease immediately and had a very professional, but caring manner.