Dr. Susan Rubin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Rubin?

May 16th, 2017

Vindictive, snarky, rude, easily upset, not interested in helping diagnosis or symptoms

She's awful-stay away. Her evaluation was terrible, gave a lazy diagnosis and just prescribed pills carelessly. Her negative attitude and emotional state (ego offended/angry) where so obvious it was distracting. I saw her a couple times and it only got worse. She ended up misdiagnosing something else very obvious. Why in the world would this Dr specialize in working with headache patients!? I wish I had read these negative reviews before because they are so accurate. She seems more interested in being cleverly harmful/rude/snarky than she does in being helpful like a normal doctor. I'm not sure what her issues are, but she has some. And her staff? Rude is putting it nicely- they literally made me cry while scheduling a first appointment.

October 24th, 2016

Love Dr. Rubin!!

March 16th, 2015

Happy with her

I have had MS 11 years. I have seen 7 other neurologists. She and Dr. Javed at the University of Chicago are among my favorites. I am surprised by the bad reviews here. I think her bedside manner is just fine. She is quick to respond to my emails and any urgent issues. She squeezes me in for emergencies. She is on top of my MRI's and bloodwork. She is involved in clinical trials and keeps up on the latest MS studies. Let's face it, sometimes neurology is complicated and neurologists are not God, they are humans just like us. Many of them do the best they can to help. Not all, but I do believe Rubin does.

November 19th, 2014

All I can say is TOP DOCS of Chicago Magazine is not by patients, it's by their peers. This doctor is rude and down right nasty. The whole staff was.

June 28th, 2014

Seek another md

After 25 minutes staring at her computer. Rubin ordered multiple tests which she had already ordered at my last visit. Alas, the results were inconclusive and even more were ordered. The next visit she ordered multiple drugs. Thousands of dollars later I am more confused than ever, have not had my questions answered. My husband was right. I should have found a doctor more interested in my health than my insurance.

February 4th, 2014

After visit, went to bathroom and cried for 20 minutes

This will not be a very good review and for that I apologize. I have so much to say and so many details that it would be instantly obvious to this office who I am, and since I do have to return at least one more time I really don't want to ruin things quite yet. I hope you will just accept it when I say this is the rudest office I have even been to, one of the most callous doctors I have ever seen. The negative reviews are correct. I had such a bad experience and was so stunned and angry at the sarcastic, flippant attitudes of this office that I really wonder how/why someone would devote so much time into a profession like this (and have to be so brilliant to do so) only to just not "get" what chronic pain, chronic conditions does to people and how working WITH and giving compassion to your patients goes a long way in helping them regain control over whatever they can have control over, after their lives have been blown to bits by their illness. I will not go back to Dr. Rubin; I don't need the snide judgement-undercurrent, and maybe it's just me but if you don't even think your doctors wants you there, why bother?

September 20th, 2013

Heartbreaking experience

Horrible bedside manner. When I was having a MS attack I couldn't even get a hold of her. Could only talk to nurse who would e-mail her. Sent me to my primary who was no. Found another wonderful doctor at another hospital who treated me with the respect and dignity she does not show to her patients.

July 14th, 2013

Legend in Her Own Mind

After talking to my primary care MD and reading reviews online, I was pleased to get an appointment with Rubin. I was disappointed with her cold quick manner. She order

May 29th, 2013

Finally, no more migraines!!

I suffered with debilitating migraines for almost 20 years - went to every kind of Doctor, from General Practice to OB-GYN to Otolaryngologists. Had every test you can think of, every drug/shot/diet combination - all with no success. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Rubin. After an examination, she told me that we would find a solution - and we did. She treated me and my condition seriously, listened to all my complaints, and for the first time, I felt that I had been heard. Within three months, we had the migraines under control, and manageable. I would highly recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone who has ever had a migraine - she really is my all time favorite Doctor!

March 23rd, 2013

Sad but true

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who has a complicated problem. She seems to be a black and white thinker, and totally "by the book" kind of physician for certain problems .If something isn't obvious to her she tends to let it go and won;t go an extra mile, She is way too over condnfident in herself. She may have many accolades in pier reviews, but my experience was highly unpleasant and caused me great problems due to her not acting soon enough. Her over confidence projects a very frosty attitude which comes out should you question anything or ask for more detail on her thoughts.

June 27th, 2011

Top Doc

Dr. Rubin is a very professional neurologist who seems to put a lot of time in her specialty. My visits have been always informative and she listens. She may not always get the answers right away, as a lot of things don't show automatically, but she remembers you, she looks into things when you are symptomatic to rule out things, and she does explain things to patients very thoroughly as she knows them. She doesn't fluff off things due to a lack of knowledge and say it's something just to say something. If she doesn't know,she says so. This is the mark of a true and dedicated doctor. She is highly respected in the medical community, and I think she is an excellent physician. If you are looking for immediate results for your problem, you will have a hard time with any doctor. She will do her very best, even if it takes a while. Highly recommend.

June 27th, 2011

great dr!

Dr Rubin is the fifth doctor that I've seen for chronic migraines. she was the first one who actually seemed to have an understanding of how this condition works and some innovative ways to treat it. Ideas other than just throwing pills and me. She's fabulous. She cares. She's very smart. I highly recommend this doctor!