Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Good doctor show details Good doctor
Apr 10th, 2015

a bit cool on the bedside manner but makes up for it--very smart and capable doctor. appointment hard to get, and wait is a bit long

Satisfied Patient show details Satisfied Patient
by Robin C on Oct 29th, 2014

Dr. Scavo is a gentle, caring, and skilled professional. She has an excellent bedside manner and balances concern with putting one at ease. I have recommended her to several women who have had similar experiences.

he most wonderful doctor and staff! show details he most wonderful doctor and staff!
Oct 3rd, 2012

I am a middle aged woman with some menopause related issues. I had left another practice after many years because of the rudeness of the front desk staff and the inability to gain access to the doctor. Dr. Scavo came highly recommended from a dear and trusted friend. While it did take months to get an appointment for a routine exam, it was well worth the wait.When I met Dr. Scavo I found her to be extremely knowledgeable and very very compassionate, down to earth and very easy to talk to. I have recently found myself in a scary situation. I needed a D&C. Dr. Scavo spent more than 1/2 hour on the phone with me one evening discussing my concerns and reassuring me. The day of my procedure we walked into the operating room arm in arm. I went under anesthesia very confident in her medical training, but more than that, I went under anesthesia calmly because she showed so much compassion. I won't go int any more of my situation, but suffice it to say that she is the best medical partner I have ever had and I have recommended her to all of my middle aged friends who also need a woman to advocate for them. She is absolutely a treasure and so is her staff. They are NEVER rude or flustered or treat you like you are a bother to them. I can't say enough about this practice, I only hope that we are together for a very long time!

Aug 8th, 2012

There is room for improvement. Her office hours are very limited. The wait for an appointment is between 4-6 months. They weigh you and ask personal questions without regard for your privacy. I had a difficult time with a member of the office staff who treated me very badly, lacking courtesy when I called in with a concern after my surgery. After I sharing this with the Dr. she did not apologize but blew it off making me feel as if I was oversensitive.

Horrible experiences at this office over and over. show details Horrible experiences at this office over and over.
Sep 14th, 2011

Both myself and another family member have gone to see both of the doctors in this office. Dr. Scavo was rude and treats all patients with the same speech without fully checking their records. She also has an attitude. The other doctor was completely inept. The front desk was the most rude and horrible I have ever encountered in 20 plus years of doctor visits. And the nurses were also rude and totally not helpful when I called with questions regarding concerns about medications. They dismissed your questions and your needs. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE DOCTORS AND STAFF. Do not use either doctor. They are not professional or knowledgeable and their staff is even worse. I will note that I gave them more than one chance and they repeatedly were rude and were not professional or worthy of a patient's trust or faith in their abilities.