Dr. Susan Sehn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Sehn?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Susan Sehn?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

March 16th, 2015

parent

I found Dr Sehn to be one of the worst doctors I have ever seen for my child. She wanted to know the past abusive history of my daughter's biological mother right in front of my child. I asked to share it in private so as not to trigger my daughter's PTSD and she refused to allow my daughter-who was only FIVE years old- to leave the room. I had my daughter's case manager with me from our behavioral health center, and Dr. Sehn was downright rude to her. She asked the dr. if my daughter could at least quietly play with some toys and Dr. Sehn told her she had no authority to be asking questions like that and that any questions needed to come from me. What a hateful person who thought she was God. I think she needs a psychiatrist herself and I would never go back to her in a million years!

October 23rd, 2014

Run fast from this one

Dr Sehn was very rigid in her opinions and resistant to listening to my daughters complex psychiatric history. Before moving to Tucson, It took our previous Dr. 7 years to slowly/carefully develop a comprehensive medication regimen that really worked. On our first visit I was wrongfully told that we had to choose between the two earliest working meds she had been on for over 10 years, because AZ would not pay for both. when we moved north, I discovered the falsehood. All that was required was a prior authorization But Dr, Sehn could not be bothered. She couldn't get control of her own ADHD issues and get the scrips/ dosages or dates correct even after several tries. She dropped one med completely and changed another all at once ( not able to determine cause with two options). The result: With out risperdal, my teenage autistic daughter could not process language or respond when spoken to. Her extreme frustration caused meltdowns and violent behavior (not seen in over seven years) and so she lost a full semester of high school. My daughter remembers that long period of being unable to process language or respond to anyone-She felt trapped in her own mind and worst of all, now she fears loosing her meds every time we go to the psych Dr's office. We have had several superb and a few poor dr.s. But In 20 years of working with Psychiatrists (caring for my 5 special needs children) she is one of the two worst ever (in four states). This Dr. is brisk, abrasive and is too full of her own rigid opinions to listen to an educated parent (of 5 children with multiple disabilities). I will never take my child again, to a Dr like Dr. Sehn who is unwilling to go out of her way to apply for a prior authorization and instead simply lie to make it easier on herself. I am truly grateful that we found a great child psychiatrist that is the rare combination of a good listener, compassionate and more current and knowledgeable than Dr. Sehn. Don't settle for this Dr, turn and run fast!

April 25th, 2009

Doctor thinks she is God. Wants to take everything that means something to you and make you finds ways to live without

July 29th, 2016