Dr. Susan Self MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 11th, 2015
Do NOT use DR SELF
I've seen this physician for over 20 years! After I got a new cell # & called in to change it the receptionist didn't change it so when my next appointment time came I didn't receive the reminder call. From missing 1 yes 1 appointment they released me from the practice with no explanation! I have a health issue I need medication for, now I'm trying to find another physician who will see me but I'm not having luck seeing as I just lost my job & health insurance. After seeing someone every 2 months for 20 years I think I deserve an explanation. Dr Self wouldn't talk to me only her very rude office manager. I'm filing complaints & filling out reviews so no one else gets treated this way! Her nurse Nancy, is really judgemental & rude, her old nurse, Leslie, was amazing! To be honest Leslie should've been the doctor! She took care of me more than Dr Self. So sad such a thing could happen.

January 10th, 2015
I have been seeing other doctors who would simply not listen to me and what I felt I needed. She listened to me and my concerns and made me feel comfortable . Sometimes doctors can make you feel like another number they have to see and can also make you feel like a druggie and that's not always the case. Patients know their own bodies and we know what we need . Other doctors simply don't care about what you think you need to be treated with. Dr self is not like that and her nurse is awesome as well. Very happy I chose to switch to a new physician ! Would recommend to anyone!

September 11th, 2012
Excellent MD! Brilliant, caring, very knowledgable!
I was having out of control tension headaches & cluster headaches. Before I made an appointment with her, I had to visit the ER twice and then decided I needed a MD. I used her in the past and she is very knowledgable. has great bedside manners & her staff is very impressive. When you need to call & leave a message, they return your call quickly & answers all your questions you may have. I do not have health insurance, i find her charges to be very reasonable. After a week, my headaches are subsiding but of course it does take about a full 2 weeks for the prevention medication to fully work! She is in A+++ doctor in my opinion.

January 24th, 2012
Great physician and knowledgable about end of life care. Very professional and compassionate.

October 9th, 2011
Great Doc
She is kind, patient and answers questions. Never want to go to anyone else.

August 3rd, 2011
Dr. Self is my lifesaver!
Dr. Michelle Self is everything anyone could ever want in a Physician. I found her to be more knowledgeable and compassionate about my Fibromyalgia condition than my Rheumatologist- she even provided me with info and samples on a breakthrough medication, Savella, that has been a miracle medication for me! I stopped going to my pain management specialist because I found Dr. Self was more helpful and knowledgeable than my "award winning" pain management specialist was! She genuinely LISTENS to each and every concern that I have and makes it her personal goal to find the right ANSWERS for me! ( and she's been right on target with those answers every time!)I've used Dr. Self for 10 years and I've NEVER had a bad experience with her! She was also a lifesaver for my son who was having severe health issues and could not find a primary health provider. She made an appointment for him the very same day I called to ask if she would see him! She has the most compassionate heart of any physician I've ever known!

February 26th, 2009
Excellent Family Practice Physician
Dr. Self has the combination that you always hope to find and rarely do in a physician: she is competent, intelligent, and she really cares.