Dr. Susan Senft Is this you?

Posted on June 17th, 2016

She originally told us our daughters vision would improve. By the last visit we had with her, #4, she told us our 3 year old was going to be almost blind for the rest of her life. She will never improve. After so many visits waiting up to two hours after our scheduled apointments and her negativity, we called it quits with her and found a real pediatric eye doctor. Not one that's only in it for the money.

She's definitely worth the wait

Posted on March 1st, 2016

Dr. Senft is definitely worth the wait. Bring a book. I've worked with her in the operating room both in Hawaii and volunteering in third world countries and I will only go to her.

Posted on August 13th, 2015

Avoid her at all cost. This was a terrible experience.

Standard of Excellence

Posted on January 24th, 2015

Dr. Susan Senft sets a bar of high standards and excellence. In my lifetime experience with doctors, she is absolutely brilliant in her field. She is constantly keeping on the cutting edge of technology and gives back as a humanitarian and is enthusiastic with her knowledge and practice. Additionally, her staff is very professional. The staff quantifies the professional courteous atmosphere. Dr. Senft office is very aesthetic to the eyes and she provides coffee, muffins, television viewing and reading materials for her patients while they wait. What is most impressive of all - is Dr. Senfts attention to detail in her client records. Her staff is truly remarkable and shows to me how she has hand picked such wonderful people. She literally saved my husband from going blind in his left eye and did outstanding work on my eyes as well. Thank you Dr. Senft.

compassionate

Posted on January 7th, 2012

Very compassionate...very dedicated...very eager to help...very educated, did you see her credential wall?

The worst doctors office visit ever

Posted on December 24th, 2011

The staff are rude and uncaring. While I was getting my vision checked a staff member walked in front of me so I couldn't see the letters so that she could tell the doctor that she was running late and still had 2 more appointments. The doctor seems nice and has a good reputation but her staff ruin everything.

Posted on October 28th, 2011

I was a high risk cataract patient. I had a single eye having had my other eye removed after cataract surgery because of infection. When my single remaining eye vision was diminishing severely I needed cataract surgery and was extremenly fortunate that Dr. Senft accepted me as a patient. Her compassion was immediate. Her diligence (post operative plan, superb surgical skill and follow up) saved my vision in that one remaining eye. I cannot express my gratitude to Dr. Senft and her supportive staff. She is a doctor I would recommend highly.

The best Ophthalmologist on Big Island

Posted on October 24th, 2011

I've been going to this doctor for over 20 years, when I first had gone to see Dr. Sneft I was having serious vision problems. She saved my sight and got my vision problems under control. Dr. Sneft is very professional and the care is the latest technology and proceedures!I would whole heartily recommend her for everyone young and older. Yes the office wait is a bit long it's only because she's in such high demand, she is well worth it.

available for emergency

Posted on June 25th, 2011

Dr. Senft saw me on a Saturday at 6:00pm on emergency bssis when even on-call specialists did not respond. She was not my doctor at that time but she is now! My first follow-up visit had wait of less than 10 min. Her office is well equipped and well staffed. Various tests took only minutes. Dr. Senft is a caring individual and spends the time to discuss treatment with myself and my husband.

This DR is a Joke!

Posted on April 22nd, 2011

First I sat in the waiting room for over a hour. Was treated rude when I questioned the time! When I finally did get in to see the Dr. she acted like I was taking up her precious time and like what did I want? Um hello, I am the one paying her for services! And when we finally did discuss my treatment and procedure process, she found that she did not have all the required supplies to even go through with it. So I had to re-schedule! Forget that! I will never go back, or ever recommend this place! I actually recommend NEVER contacting this place again. It is in your best interest to stay clear of Island Eye Care. If she is any example of the way she does treatment then looks like her duck lips are in the wrong hands!

Posted on April 11th, 2017