Dr. Susan Sgambati Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Sgambati?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2015

Dr.Sgambati is the best !

the doctors bedside manner is exemplary .... I have had two colonoscopy's with her and both went well... The nurses she chose to assist her were competent and friendly. I decided not to have any sedation so I could drive myself home after the procedure. Dr.Sgambati and her support staff talked me through the procedure and helped me to stick to my decision not to be sedated... I recommend her whenever I have the opportunity.

February 24th, 2014

NOT!

I had read previous reviews about her poor bedside manner, but I thought "I care more about experience and that I have a woman surgeon than bedside manner". Poor decision! Not only will you get the "wham bam thank you maam" experience, her staff, post op acted like I was a bother and was reluctant for me to see her earlier than my 3 wk post op visit. While I don't doubt she did a good job on my hemmoroidectomy, it turns out I am not healing properly and I have had extensive pain and problems. At first post op visit, which I call my anal rap* experience, her last words were "I'm just going to look" before jamming a finger inside my very tender insides. I have never felt such pain in my life, and as I was trying to hold back sobs and gasping, she proceeds to give me verbal instructions, then saying "are you listening to me ?" A single minute or two to catch my breath and come back to earth after earth shattering pain is not too much to ask, is it? I have returned after that appt, where it was slightly better, but I'm now looking elsewhere for further post op care.

July 8th, 2011

I do NOT Recommend Dr. Sgambati

I would never recommend Dr. Sgambati to my friends or family. After "listening" to my issues for all of 5 minutes, she suggested surgery. I was able to schedule surgery just 2 business days after Dr. Sgambati told me I needed it. She also told me it was not an invasive surgery -- wasn't until I spoke to the receptionist to book the surgery that she told me I needed to take at least a week off of work.I was in the ER 3 days after my surgery. I followed everything the doctor told me I needed to be doing.After check-ups with the doctor, the surgery did not take. I find out later that I should have never had the surgery.My Overall Impression: Dr. Sgambati is a nice person, but I feel that she is a surgeon only for the money and not to help improve people's quality of life. I would NEVER recommend her to my friends or family.

March 17th, 2011

Terrible experience

Rushed, unempathic,terrible bedside manner. Would never go to her again. Complications after colonoscopy

July 24th, 2010

Worst dr. I've ever seen-would NEVER go back to her.

Worst dr. I've ever seen. Would never go back Rude, no bedside manner. Totally unempathic. Made a huge mistake with me with a colonoscopy. Ended up having to have surgery as a result of her negligence. And I am also a physician.

March 24th, 2010

I was extremely reluctant to have a colonoscopy, and every part of the experience was made easy and clear for me by Dr. Sgambati.

November 10th, 2009

Professional and caring

I would highly recommend Dr. Sgambati. She took me as a patient after a surgery from another Dr. had complications. She quickly diagnosed my problem. After many months of pain and concern she put me at ease and I felt very comfortable in her care. I will continue using Dr. Sgambati's services and my husband will be going to her in the future as well.

March 6th, 2009

Billing

I would just recommend to people to check with your insurance or with the office before getting ANYTHING done. Other doctors may work with you and bill the insurance properly - this office will not after the charges are put through so get it right the first time or else... pay the $ consequences!

April 15th, 2017