Overall Review

3.4

October 27th, 2014
Doesn't spend time listening to her patients!
I have been going to Dr. Sheppard for 5 years now. However, this will be the last time I see her. I kept hoping things would get better, but that was not the case. Dr. Sheppard spends more time looking at her computer than listening to her patient. She is very quick to prescribe medications (9 total RX's) instead of getting to the root of the problem. I'm in my early 40's, I shouldn't be on this much medication. Dr. Sheppard can be very short with you, if you start to ask too many questions. She only has a designated amount of time to spend with you, and she can't go over that time limit it seems. In a nutshell, she doesn't listen to you, has no bedside manner, and can be rude and snippy at times. If you are looking for a band-aid for your symptoms, than see Dr. Sheppard. She will write an RX for your symptom, and send you on your merry way.

March 20th, 2013
Old and Closed Minded
She believes in what she has learned, and not in new things. She doesn't take the time to try to understand problems before she jumps to prescribe you a drug! Even when she prescribes the drug, doesn't provide the information a doctor should perhaps provide about the drug. I started crying at the fact that I was trying to explain my anxiety problem from lack of concentration, which is obviously depressing, right? That doesn't mean you diagnose someone with depression right off the bat because they start crying in your office because you don't understand that they can't concentrate, and it stresses them(me) out. She needs to realize that there are new situations with new patients every day, every minute, every second. And time needs to be taken to listen and thinking needs to occur critically following the listening. I'll give two stars for time spent, only because i feel since it wasn't the ER, she had more... "time to spare" before the next patient. Bottom line, if you want drugs and old knowledge, go to this doctor. If you want help, you won't.

February 26th, 2012
Great Health Care Provider
Dr. Sheppard is one of the best doctors I have encountered. She is professional and caring, which is hard to find. She works hard to ensure she is thorough and, when necessary, has provided me with a referral to a specialist. I recommend her highly.

September 10th, 2011
Don't Trust this Doctor
I went to this doctor and she came into the exam room with someone elses chart for me. I spent so much time waiting in the exam room I fell asleep.Told me I needed to have lab work done, when she forgot I had just had it done and was there to get the results.Hair is wild, not sure she is really into being a doctor or just there for the money.

February 20th, 2011
Rude and makes you wait
I've been to see Dr. Sheppard 5 or 6 times since I moved to the area 3 years ago. She has been rude on at least 3 of those occasions. I saw her this past week and waited over an hour in the room, with my 3 year old son, and she liberally spent less than 5 minutes with me once she finally made it to the room. She then proceeded to tell me she didn't have time for my questions. I was then told by the nurse that there have been multiple complaints about her, and they had me speak with the center manager. Don't schedule an appt with this doctor.

January 25th, 2011
Knowledgeable, caring, attentive
Dr. Sheppard has been my physician for more than 7 years. She is by far the most caring and attentive physician I've ever had. Her approach and philosophy to healthy living align with mine. She is very knowledgeable and I have utmost confidence in her.