Dr. Susan Shlifer MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Poulsbo, WA

3.8

March 7th, 2017
Dr Shlifer is the best most effective Doctor I have ever had! c
Unfortunately I had to move out of WA afte r 14+ years due to personal life changes...there is no Doctor that has come up to her effectiveness and thoroughness .in my health care. I am 74 years old and have visited many Doctors that cannot come even close to the quality of the health care I received from Dr Shlifer!!! by SKB.

August 5th, 2016
Feds stay out of medical care
Very sad that the gov is involved with our treatment and shame on them for 2nd guessing her detailed treatment and individualized concern for each and every patient

June 21st, 2012
Intelligence, insight, and kindness
Dr. Shlifer is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. She is someone who "thinks out of the box" to find solutions to problems. Instead of a predermined amount of time for an appointment she makes sure her schedule allows for extra time with a patient when needed. She helps her patients achieve the best quality of life.

January 12th, 2012
best fibro specialist in kitsap county
Dr shlifer has to be the best fibro specialist in kitsap county, I moved to Skagit county recently and still choose to see her for my follow up and cont care because of her understanding and bed side manner with this horriable diease/syndrome/condition that i have been suffering with for so many years,I cannot recommend her highly enough, including her staff, they too are so plesent to deal with, Just a bunch of very kind, real understanding people that do such an amazing job in the field they are in.

June 21st, 2010
Great Doctor I recomend highly
She is the best doctor I have ever haad. Caring understanding patient and compationate. She goes the extra mile when needed and often times when she does not have to. Her staff take the time to great you get to know you and always greet you with a smile. I wouldnot change a single one of them.....

April 12th, 2010
Excellent Bedside Manner
Dr. Shlifer was an excellent listener, very knowledgeable and had a wonderful bedside manner. My whole family has switched to her for care and really like her as our doctor!

October 15th, 2009
Too experimental
This doctor is very impressed with the "Marshall Protocol" - something that is experimental at best. Before treating illness in a traditional manner, she opts to experiment with ineffective meathods. Office staff very rude and non-compliant when requesting records. Hmmmmmmm.....

September 15th, 2009
Avoid this Quack
After an initial intake that lasted about an hour - after a very thorough intake questionnaire - and lots of bloodwork taken I was rescheduled to come back in 2 wks for the bloodwork results. Meanwhile she sent me a load of emails about the Marshall Protocol - and after reading the links she sent me (from the proponent) and other more visibly enlightened cautions against it that I found elsewhere upon further reading, I decided it would not be something I would try - even if I did have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia. No way - 2 years w/out sunlight and no peer reviewed studies barring a couple of essays from a Chemical Engineer. Then, as I have had sinus infections and surgery for it I told her I was down to next to nothing leave - I make an appt and I call to get the results beforehand - no results could be given to me b/c the doctor was out last week. Well I show up to my appt today and the office was closed though it was already my appt time - the intake assistant was on the phone on a personal call while she looked for the sign in sheet. When I go back after waiting for about a half hr, I see not the Dr, but the PA, and he doesn't have the blood work results - apparently the lab hadn't sent it in yet (first story I was told). I told him I took a half day off work to be there and that I work in Seattle. He then confers with the Dr out in the hallway (all of which I could hear and made me even more nervous) - and she comes in and tells me that maybe I need to work part time since I am down to no leave. Without even having my blood work results she comes up w/ that nugget. Wow! Then they want to retake all the bloodwork again b/c get this, they lost my bloodwork! Wow is all I can say. I ran out of there - never to return. Please avoid this quack. P.S. I agree with the previous post - she didn't remember me from the previous visit and also the PA is a nice guy who seems competent (more than I can say for the Dr and her other staff) and he even told me when I said I was going somewhere else that he didn't blame me. He should find a more professional office to work for.

March 23rd, 2009
Dr. Shlifer is very ready to prescribe narcotics. While it is nice to have my pain treated, I would rather have the cause determined and taken care of.She is always rushed and does not remember me from one visit to the next. She said i have fibromyalgia and started me on the 'Marshall Protocol' which seems to have no effect on my sciatic nerve pain.Her office staff is horrible about communicating with me. They have told me inaccurate appointment times, so I have driven all the way there from Bremerton just to be told I have no appointment. When I was instructed to call and get a refill by the PA, the office staff refused to even pass along the message so I was without my diabetes medication for two weeks.Her PA is a wonderful person who is really willing to get to the root of a problem, but he is not a doctor and can not act on his own, so he is limited by what the doctor okays.At $300 per visit, I expect to at least get properly diagnosed. I do not believe I have fibromyalgia.