Susan F Slovin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 14 reviews

October 30th, 2016
Payient
Been with Dr. Slovin for 23 years. Seen her regularly every 3 to 4 times a year. I am alive and well, now 78 years old, and I stll believe that I will die of something else. Great, great doctor and now dear, dear friend.

March 29th, 2016
The wait can seem long but average for a specialist. This is due in part because Dr. Slovin never rushes patients through the process. She spends time to explain issues and answers all questions. She takes the time to get to know her patients. Wonderful person and doctor

August 28th, 2015
She has psychiactic issues
Very unpredictable personality from appt to appt. Abuses her power and control by making a patient feel like she will abandon them if she is having a bad day, or does not like you.

July 24th, 2015
It's all about her. She did not inform us when my husband's PSA skyrocketed when he was part of an experimental treatment, then got nasty when we got upset. I guess the fame of the study was more important to her than his welfare. She also said some cruel and unprofessional things about my physical looks. No one ever said something so mean to me and it hurt me deeply and has stayed with me for many years. Not to mention it had nothing whatsoever to do with my husband, her patient. Very arrogant and uncaring.

April 3rd, 2015
do not use this person
worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. Rude, uncaring and cruel in describing my probable death with bone mets.

February 20th, 2015
Her goal is to prevent resistance - she saves lives!

January 28th, 2013
Dr. Slovin has kept me healthy in the face of metastatic prostate cancer for ten years, far beyond expectations.

September 4th, 2012
very bad
it is a shame that Sloan Kettering employes such a rude, indifferent and unprofessional doctor as susan Slovin. She is a disgrace to the profession.I truly believe that the license, to practice medicine, should be taken away from doctors, like Dr. Slovin. Drs are taking an oath to dedicate their professional life to care the sick, not harm them; what Dr. Slovin does.

August 19th, 2012
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR !
This is the most uncaring physician we have ever experienced in 25 years of dealing with cancer. Not only is she rude and lacking in empathy, but she is brutal and incorrect in diagnosis. She told my husband that his bones would explode with metastases, that he would experience terrible pain, should see his local doctor for pain control, and sent him home to die....20 years ago.

June 21st, 2012
skip this one
long wait, lack of empathy for current patient problems, and a healthy dose of attitude to boot!!! this doctor belongs in a research lab, as far away from patients as possible.

April 23rd, 2012
A brilliant and caring physician
While one would expect a doctor at MSKCC to be of very high caliber, Dr.Susan Slovin sets a new and higher standard for diagnosis and ongoing care. Importantly, she also considers her patients holistically with a practiced eye for quality of life. Our family has depended on her for over five years. We consider ouselves to be blessed to have her on our side and would recommend her highly to any man who needs treatment for prostate cancer.

November 23rd, 2011
Prof
Dr. Slovin is the most wonderful doctor who has given my husband the very best and innovative treatment, and has given him LIFE. I would not want to be under any one else's care but Dr. Susan Slovin's.