Dr. Susan Stein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 24th, 2016
Hard facts
I don't know if it was Stein' s fault or the hospital's, but after surgery they sent me home without running required tests. I developed a massive intestinal infection and went into kidney failure. I nearly died, without exaggeration. My husband acted quickly and took me to a renowned hospital and out of Stein' s care. I recovered slowly over weeks and months, but she was not too quick to accept responsibility and I don't think I'd see her again. Plus one doesn't exactly get the warm fuzzies from her.

January 16th, 2014
Excellence
Perhaps no one is perfect therefore no one should be rated perfect? Well there are exceptions and Susan Stein is one of the exceptions. Dr. Stein is well educated, professional, well recommended and extremely competent. All the reasons I chose her, but not the reasons I stayed with her. She empathized with my problems, she gave me realistic choices, and treated me with respect. Bowel issues create major sensitivites however, Dr. Stein has seen it all, heard it all and treated them all.

June 6th, 2013
Terrific physician
Dr. Susan Stein is caring, precise and extremely effective. She will help you with problems without making you feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. In my case, she took the time to figure out how to solve a long-standing problem that other physicians gave up on solving. In one visit (with a follow-up) she took care of the problem. I recommend her to anyone looking for an excellent, caring physician who will offer innovative solutions that work.

January 22nd, 2013
Ican't attest to Dr. Stein as a physician as I never got an appointment with her, but her office staff is VERY RUDE! I called this morning to try and schedule an appointment for today. First she answers the phone "May I help you!", no good morning, this is Dr. Steins office. I had to ask her if this was indeed Dr. Steins office. She said yes. I told her that I was not a current patient, but I really needed to see the ..She cute me off asking me for my insurance information. Yes, just a barrel of sunshine she was.I am in a lot of pain. She didn't have any available until next week. The "receptionist" then told me I could try and get an appointment with one of her associates. Drs something or other. I asked if she could spell then as I could understand her, it seems like she had a mouth full of food. She said the she didn't know how to spell the names. Sheesh!! Real cream of the crop working there. Then the illiterate idiot receptionist hung up the phone in my face.

August 15th, 2012
I feel Dr. Stein gave me completely thorough information regarding my diagnosis and procedure. She was very attentive while I was in the hospital and I felt overall I was in extremely good hands. I am a registered nurse, and as a medical professional, would recommend Dr. Stein to any patient needing surgical care.

May 17th, 2012
While her bedside manner isn't the best I took into consideration that she does spend her days looking at a..holes. Other than that I feel she was an amazing doctor! Very thorough and did a great job. Been 15yrs since my surgery I am finding her on the internet to get in there for another visit.

January 6th, 2012
Gentle Approach :)
Dr Stein is a great doctor and very personable I dont care for tinkering around in that area and dreaded a surgery I had several years ago but Dr Stein has been patient with me over the years and I have had an excellent result. The best in this field!

February 28th, 2011
Wonderful doctor, wonderful surgeon
I am a Stage III colon cancer survivor, and, for this, I think God and Dr. Stein. She is a wonderful, competent, caring doctor. I always tell her if she called me to come over and wash her floors, I would jump in my car and go. The very best you can get.

September 14th, 2010
After reading the previous review, I almost didn't schedule an appointment. My internist highly recommended her however, so fortunately, I did. I found Dr. Stein to be very professional, informative, and reassuring. I would certainly recommend her to my friends.

November 24th, 2008
Ok...
Although she is extremely smart, she is unbearably abrasive and sometimes downright rude and cruel. I made specific requests that she completely denied and she even called me "cowardly" for trying to avoid being in more pain than I was already in.