Dr. Susan Stevens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Stevens?

May 5th, 2017

Since I was over weight she presumed all my issues where from that and smoking even though I kept telling her I was having heart issues! I quit smoking and did everything she told me do do. Still very sick. Pleaded to her something was wrong and I needed help. Three years later and A lot of suffering she finally referred me to a sleep doctor found out I had sleep apnea . Cpap helped alittle but was still having chest pain jaw aching heart pounding arm aching back hurting symptoms it was terrible. Out of breath all the time a lot of fatigue very weak. Pleaded with her some more finally she got me a stress test and it came back she said it was fine when it actually wasn't I kept complaining then finally she referred me to a cardiologist that was using some of her offices. Long story short the cardiologist had me having a cardiac cath done within the week and I ended up having hypertropic obstructive cardio myopathy !! A genitic heart disease that cause sudden cardiac death. I suffered greatly I really think Doctors should try to listen to a patients story before they presume that they just lay around and get fat I gained weight because I couldn't move so I couldn't burn the calories I was truly very sick. Because of this I ended up in metabolic syndrome with a lot of other problems like diabetes to that she tried to treat with pills when I needed insulin told her the hospital recommended I needed insulin and she said no that was old-school and gave me pills no glucose meter! This went on for a year I felt awful. Finally referred me to a place that was not very good but would not let me go to someone else had to stay in her group or leave as I was told by Colleen! Staff can be very rude and not friendly at all. I wasted a lot of time here it created so many other problems. Finally changed pcp. I will never again put my trust into a doctor like that. you just know when you're not feeling right. I get better care now but I still do not necessarily trust! I just wish Dr. Stevens would've believed me from the get-go like a doctor should they really should listen to their patients first and refer you sooner when they really don't know how to treat the problem. Maybe some refresher courses or maybe looking on the Internet because you'll learn more that way that's what she told me to do maybe she should do that too! Needs to learn what a womans symptoms are for heart issues! I really wanted to like her and form a good doctor patient relationship. She could be very nice but just didn't listen or seem to care until after the fact! It's been a very long haul! Just trying to be honest not mean but what I went through has been very hard!

March 8th, 2017

preconceived my situation without really listening to my symptoms suffered greatly for three years even though every vist I would tell her the same thing it ended up being a serious heart condition ended up with all kinds of other illnesses because of it put on a lot of weight because I could do nothing to burn calories I was so fatigued and couldn't breath and I was having angina she tries to treat you for long periods of time not knowing what it is before referring you even though she is nice it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had I felt so sick all the time found out I had diabetes she tried to treat it for a year told her hospital told me I should be on insulin because it was so high she didn't listen and up my meds a year before she would refer me I was so confused she also told me to look on internet I would learn more that way instead of trying to tell me about it her self also found out I have sleep apnea,hypothyroid , enlarged liver depression and anxiety disorder the list goes on! If she would have referred me to a cardiologist sooner I wouldn't have had to go through all this! It's sad when you can't have a relationship with your doctor or they don't listen to you at the beginning it was like she thought I was lying until three years later when I saw a cardiologist he had me in within the week to have a cardiac cath done after telling him my symptoms once! Just saying I suffered a lot and it has been a very long road trying to recover! I also am trying to for give so I am not so angry please doctors learn to listen to your patients stories so you can treat them correctly and timely we come to you for help and if you don't know please refer us so we can get help! Also the office staff is not very friendly at all.

September 11th, 2014

unhappy patient

This doctor has a bedside manner of a wet rag. I think she lets her personal opinion interfere with her ability to be professional. I will never go to her again and would recommend anyone to switch from this doctor or if you're looking for a new doctor- do not consider her.

November 14th, 2013

more than one bad experience

Dr. Stevens can be extremely rude and unprofessional at times. She has hung-up on me while I tried to explain problems I had with their office. She also will consistently cut you off when you try to speak. Gave me a prescription without telling me ANY side effects. When she determined what she thought was causing my issues she never relayed crucial information about the diagnosis until prompted by myself. Vastly relies on interns to do an examination, which is great, but they are not board certified DR s. She skipped crucial examination steps in determining what was wrong (Didn t check nose, ears, or eyes) and only checked one set of common lymph nodes, when three other lymph nodes were easily identifiable by another Dr while getting a second opinion. I highly recommend against using her services. Her follow-up consisted of her telling me "Im a good Dr and this is what good Dr's do" before I had ever questioned the fact, and a bad review left on another site had her promptly say also, in verbatim, "You need to watch you say, this can come back to haunt you" When I tried to express why that negative review was left, she actually hung-up on me. Extremely disappointed with her unprofessionalism and demeanor.

March 1st, 2013

Great Doctor

I would definitely recommend Dr. Stevens to all my family and friends! She is so understanding and totally hears what you have to tell her. You are Never rushed. I love that fact that she is totally easy to communicate with and hears completely what you have to say.

January 23rd, 2013

Pit Master

Dr. Stevens is very personable and professional......she makes going to the Dr.'s office a pleasant experience.

March 29th, 2011

Great doctor!

I would recommend Dr. Stevens. She is a very good doctor!!

February 20th, 2008

Dr. Steven is the best!

I started seeing Dr. Stevens before she had her own private practice, I loved her enough to follow her to her own practice. She is the best!

August 9th, 2017