Overall Review

1.7

April 23rd, 2016
Chose a different doctor.
I would have to agree with the other reviews here. We had our son evaluated by Dr. Strahosky. She scolded me right off the bat. My son did not feel comfortable with her at all. She glared at him over her glasses. No bedside manor. She told us one thing after the evaluation and then completely changed her tone when she wrote her letter for us after the review. She wanted my son to wash a baby doll in a fake tub which he didn't mimick her and she glared at me and asked with a condescending tone if my son takes baths. We had our son evaluated by a different agency and they said there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. She was completely off from what she originally told us right after the evaluation. The whole evaluation was completely uncomfortable for us and our child. How do you expect a child to preform to their fullest potential when the environment is so uncomfortable.

January 26th, 2014
After a couple of visits, Dr. Strahosky's evaluation and advice were so clearly misguided that we gave up and took our son to another doctor some distance away, who needed about 3 minutes (literally) to reach a different conclusion and start us on treatments that have proved to be extremely helpful. Dr. Strahosky was all about "nothing to be done" but there was a lot that could be done, and fortunately we found somebody else who was all about "let's see what we can accomplish together".

December 11th, 2013
Not looking forward to follow up
We were sent here by my son's pediatrician....Dr. Strahosky came highly recommended. She was quite condescending...I felt like a total "hillbilly" in her presence. We live in a rural region and had to travel quite a distance to see her. She pretty much told us that we should move somewhere that had more resources to offer our son...that his school wasn't doing enough to meet his needs.,,that their methods were "archaic" ("no one needs to know how to spell anymore. That's why they have spell check."). She reprimanded my son for his lack of coping skills and for coming to sit on my lap when he was nervous (he was extremely anxious during the whole appointment b/c he didn't know what to expect and quite honestly, we didn't either.) I dreaded calling the Kirch Center to ask any questions b/c they were not very pleasant to deal with...like I was a bother to talk with. They would not even speak to me until they had every piece of paper work put together...and then I got a lecture during our visit b/c the one set of paperwork from a previous evaluation was not numbered.) We have to go back for a follow up visit soon.....not looking forward to it! (And by the way, they tell you to come back in x # of months, but do not tell you that you need to call them to set up the appointment. Perhaps I should have known this, but foolishly I assumed that they would set us up in 6 months as they told us.)

November 10th, 2010
Horrible bedside manner. Argumentative. Disappointing. She should consider a career that requires less interaction with people. If you need someone to help you with your child's diagnosis consider her a waste of time. Shocking to have someone like her at such a prestigious location like Strong Memorial.