inactive

Susan J Vandellen DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 14th, 2016
Truly the worst diagnostician I've ever met.
She didn't read my history at all. Touched 4 or 5 areas declared she knew what it was. Handed me a fibromyalgia brochure and asked me which drug I wanted. When I said " how can you rule out arthritis since its in my family and I suffer pain and stiffness daily; she replied " you're to young to have arthritis, I can tell by looking at you!" Had she bothered to read my history she would of known I have a lot of arthritis. When I said for example "I can't squat or bend down she said sure you can, just do it". ( actually I have bone on bone arthritis) Don't waste your time or money on this joke of a dr. She never did a blood test etc etc. How could she possibly rule anything out before her 3 min diagnosis???? What a waste of office space.

August 8th, 2016
Dr. Vandellen is a great doctor. Always fast and courteous.

April 19th, 2016
she got my diagnosis right, when other doctors could not
I have been Dr Vandellen's patient for 24 years

October 12th, 2015
Shes the best
I love Her she's a very good doctor. I was in & out of the hospital for months, nobody could fine the problem. I went to see Dr. Vandellen & she found a cause & a cure for me on the first visit.

July 30th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Vandellen was excellent - she was able to diagnose me right away where my other doctors struggled. I don't know what these other people are complaining about.

January 15th, 2015
Exellent

May 3rd, 2014
I was seen in the hospital by Dr Vandellen & found her rude and very unprofessional with the resident she was "training". I would/will never follow up with her again. She barely looked at me and basically said that the diagnosis given to me by many other Dr's was wrong and gave me a completely different diagnosis..Again, without test or exam. I felt totally ill at ease with her & felt sorry for the resident. whom, by the way, was very professional & pleasant.& did a through exam

May 3rd, 2013
Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Treated me like a pill seeker. Completely missed the fact that I had arthritis in my shoulder, spine, both knees, an ankle, and most fingers. All she did was poke me - declared I had fibromyalgia and said she didn't need to see me again and doesn't prescribe anything for it. I didn't even ask!!!!! My doc wanted me to see her (but couldn't get a legit referral because my doc is not in the St. John network.) Especially because RA runs very rampant in both sides of my family and I've been showing signs of it for years. I ended up getting an MRI from another doctor was asked how I even manage because it is that bad. She treated me like complete crap and I was very upfront and truthful about everything (my history, my meds, my families history, etc). She made me feel SOOOO ashamed of myself. I was referred to her. I am a grown woman with children, a respectable career, and no history of medicine abuse. I couldn't believe the way she treated me. My experience with her - was hands down - one of the top 2 worst ever experiences I've had with a professional. She was judgmental and horrible right away.

October 4th, 2012
WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She tapped me on the back and said you have fibrmyalgia and gave me a perscription of medicince I can not even take due to reactions, If she had listened for a second then she would have known that! My next vist she told if your not going to take the medicince then why are you here, go find another doctor! She is RUDE and nasty even to my two year old daughter who was with me. It was advised by my other doctors who were performing surgeries and neurological testing to not take any extra medicines and she seemed to be upset that they said that. She will not do any test or anything! Literaly a tap on the back!

February 29th, 2012
This Dr has the personality of a Scorpion. Don't waste your time or money.