Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Unprofessional  |  show details
by Dee on Oct 1st, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Susan Weil for over 6 years. In that time I have not really had any problems or complaints. She was a little brusque, but always willing to answer questions. Between the dates of 9/24 - 9/26 I saw another side. She was completely unprofessional. She performed an endobiospy and I had a few questions I thought of two priors to the procedure. I left my contact information with the office and she called late that evening telling me to give a call the next day. The office left one more message before I had a chance to call stating Dr. Weil would give me a call. I called back and asked another question in addition to the previous one. Now, no one said anything about there being a problem with contacting me, so I was extremely surprised to get an extremely irate call from Dr. Weil stating that she has tried to contact me 6 times and she would not be calling me back and if I had concerns it would have to be discussed the next day. After listening to the message I was upset and called the office right back and asked to speak with her. I even told them I would hold, but I was given a message about my first question and that was it. I decided I would broach the subject with her the next day. I did let her know that the call was unprofessional and that they had my contact information wrong. I told her I did receive 3 calls from her office in total, but nowhere near the number she stated. She instantly went on the defense and became agitated again. She accused me of purposely giving her staff the wrong information, told me I should find another doctor, and that she would not do the procedure. I wanted the procedure done and over with since I had already taken pain medicine and a day off of work for it. I tried to talk to her and it took 15 minutes before she would even admit that it was a possibility that her staff got the information wrong. Then she spent another 10 minutes lecturing me on Hipaa. If my decision making wasn't impaired by the medicine I would have hot footed it out of there. I have never been treated that way before and hope I do not experience anything like this again. She couldn't even talk about the conflict. So, unless you expect to never have any issue I would not recommend going to her. Remember, I was her patient for over 6 years.

|  Horrendous healthcare  |  show details
May 19th, 2013

I have seen this physician since I started the need for a female doctor. For starters, there was another patient that apparently had the same first and last name as me, as well as birthday. This shouldn't have been an issue if they staff performed their job correctly. There were countless times that I was very upsetting questions (as they thought I was a different person). Second, I went into the office for concern over a mole (not knowing what doctor to go to - dermatology or gynecology) and also an annual exam. The appointment was to remove the mole for biosopy and have annual exam. Dr. Weil actually yelled at me for scheduling both appointments at the same time. She said that you does not have time to complete both. Keep in mind I waited in the waiting room for over an hour after the appointment time. As I started crying (mind you, I am in very comprising situation, wearing only a gown) she explained I had to choose which one. I expressed that I was very concerned of the mole but I would still need a refill on my birth control. She continue to yell, saying that she would have to peform an annual in order to refill my perscription. I would not have had a huge issue with this situation if I was able to come back in a day or 2, but unfortunately they had no appointments for over a month. So i had to choose to not receive birth control or not find out if the mole was a concern. After much crying, I said forget to the whole thing. She left the room and came back saying that she would go ahead and complete the process. This was the most uncomfortable I have ever felt with a medical professional. She eventually apologized to me, so I decided to give her one more chance. I had an emergency appointment that went okay, she was not sympathic but provided me with a temporary solution. She requested I come back for a follow-up. My follow-up was scheduled for 4:00 pm. I arrived early for my follow up and when I got there the front desk informed me that my appointment was in fact at 10:00 am that day, so therefore I had missed my appointment. Now, I understand that people make mistakes (either me or the staff writing the incorrect information down) but I do not think they way it was handle was my any means appropriate. I was embarressed in front of a waiting room of other patients as 2 staff members raised their voice at me. They continued to blame me for the mistake and told me that I would now not be able to be seen for another month. Again, this was a follow-up appointment to a very serious situation. After being treated so poorly one to many times at this office, I requested my medical records and will find a new provider. I will not recommend this doctor or this office to anyone. Also, I work in healthcare myself and have never encountered such negative people and poor bedside manner.

|  A snapshot of horrible healthcare  |  show details
by M on Mar 28th, 2013

Dr. Susan Weil is a nightmare. I had to go to her because of an embarrasing situation. I was absolutely sure I had inserted a tampon and thought it must have gotten lost. Afterall, I never went to the bathroom during the day. I used one of those super small ones and thought, well maybe it's up there. I was sure of it. I was feeling panic. So I called Physicians for women the next day, and they had Dr. Weil help me. I was grateful for the fast help. However, Dr. Weil made me feel so horribly uncomfortable I started crying. She got within inches of my face and looked at me with absolute fury. I felt like she could have hit me. The staff felt so sorry for me and told me that she wasn't the nicest doctor. They assigned me to another person for my regular visits. If it wasn't for my previous good experiences with other doctors at the practice, I would have run like heck. Dr. Weil should just retire. She is fairly young, but she obviously has some personal issues she takes out on others.

|  Horrible Person  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

Spoke over me, dismissed my concerns, told me there was no way a medication she had given me was the cause of my problem, rude, mean, uncaring, extremely condescending, and I had a traumatic experience with her. HORRENDOUS.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

Susan Weil is the most caring doctor on the planet. She is very professional, very thorough and made sure when I had high blood pressure, to recommend I see a doctor as soon as possible. So she even goes outside her area of expertise to recommend taking care of yourself. I recommend her to all my female friends. Cheryl W