Dr. Susan Willard Is this you?

June 29th, 2010

Dr. Willard does not care about her patients.

July 6th, 2009

No bedside manner!

I have had a unpleasant experience with Dr. Williard. She dismisses or downplays any concerns or questions and makes you feel as if you are paranoid for asking them in the first place. She spends the least amount of time possible with you during the visit and does not share baby's heart rate, the size of your fundus etc. or ask if you have any problems you want to discuss. She opens the door when you are trying to pull your pants up and says to meet you in her office where you can ask her questions, but be prepared for brusque and borderline rude responses. Here are some examples: Q: "When should we call (during labor)" Dr. Willard's Response: "Most women don't ask that question this early in their pregnancy." Q: "What is your philosophy on episiotomies?" Dr. Willard's Response: "Well you don't want to tear." Q: "What is the baby's heartrate today?" Dr. Willard's Response: "It's fine, don't worry." I don't think she understands that in this day and age women (and their partners!) are informed and interested in their pregnancy and want to know this information. She seems to enjoy playing the "expert," doesn't want to share any details, and expects you to trust her completely.I have really enjoyed the other doctors in this practice, however we have considered changing OB's prior to delivery because of our experiences with Dr. Willard. I'm now in my 3rd trimester and don't want the hassle of changing practices, so have to just keep our fingers crossed she is not on call when I deliver.

May 30th, 2008

nurses were in there with me the entire time I was in labor, not Dr. Willard! She told me she would be with me "every second" and she was in the lounge sleeping! Horrible first time delivery!

October 16th, 2016