Dr. Susan Zachariah Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Zachariah?

ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Susan Zachariah?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 19th, 2015

I have been with her for several years and have not had any negative responses. I have found her to be a good listener and she becomes a bull dog if she can't come up with a diagnosis. She leaves no stone unturned. She has always been there when I needed her and I would not even think of going to another doctor/

January 29th, 2015

The good and the not-so-good

She always runs late and doesn't seem to care. Having said that, I will say that after seeing psychologists for years, she was the first doctor who diagnosed me correctly and prescribed the right meds for me to get my mood disorder and my life on track. She's a very kind doctor and a good listener, as long as you understand that she will never be on time.

October 7th, 2014

I'm surprised at the reviews! I've been seeing Dr.Z for about 7 years. She addresses all concerns I have every time I visit. She does not over medicate either, woohoo! Whenever I need her to complete forms for school, I fax them over and receive them the same day. She accommodated me while I didn't have insurance either!

September 24th, 2013

Great doctor

I've been seeing Dr. Zachariah for over a year, and can honestly say she's the best psychiatrist I've seen. I'm an adult female, so maybe that makes a difference. I'm not surprised to see some of the reviews here. Her waiting room often has impatient, rude women and their ADHD children causing a scene. Also, Dr. Zachariah is a PSYCHIATRIST, not a THERAPIST, so if you go there expecting a therapy session you will be disapointed. Her job is to diagnose patients and prescribe medication.

September 17th, 2013

Unorganized and unapologetic

Took my son to see her for about three years and I agree with other comments made that she merely writes prescriptions. She refers you to someone else for "therapy". She was ALWAYS running late on my appointments and NEVER apologized for it. Finally, I called her on it and said we would not be returning due to her lack or commitment to appointment times. She didn't seem to care.

June 9th, 2013

My kids are patients

I have been taking my kids to see her for a few months now. She is the best Dr I have found for my kids in OC since I moved here last year. She does NOT over medicate. We moved from another state and my son was on 5 meds. She is so knowledgeable about the meds that she was able to change one and get rid of three others and my son feels the best he has ever felt. She is so intuitive and has so much knowledge about my kids' conditions and their needs. She is not your typical Psych Dr. She actually spends time with you to talk to you. Not like what I had ever before. She is really good and really cares.

May 28th, 2013

Excellent Care/Top Notch

I am astonished to read poor reviews for Dr. Z. I am not on severe psychotropic medications and am thankful that she is conservative. She is very caring, and easy going which always puts me at ease. She has helped me get my life back on track and I am VERY appreciative. I hope others will also be fortunate with her. As a side note, the wait time used to be longer in her office until she dropped poor Insurance plans in recent months. My plan is one of the ones she dropped (and I don't blame her!) I now pay cash for my appointments and do not mind. She's worth it, I am satisfied with her care, and I am not venturing off into the unknown!

May 9th, 2013

what a disappointment

This woman has been stringing my husband along for months with regards to his appointment s and assistance with filing a claim (at her suggestion). Her office lost the paperwork and can't account for why, she refuses to acknowledge why and now won't give him copy of his own records? My husband has been working so hard to deal with issues and then someone he is supposes to trust just FLAKES out, a so-called professional. Mrs. Zazharia needs her own psychiatric care.

April 16th, 2013

Failed to fill out documents for patient

After seeing her for many years, she let me down when it came time to put pen to paper. She showed her true colors when she couldn't explain her reasons for inaccurately and incompletely filing out important forms. I had to remind her about specific points and argue in support of my diagnosis. The same diagnosis she made in her own records.

April 9th, 2013

RN with children

My pediatrician recommended Dr Z., but after reviewing such poor patient reviews, I will get another referral for my son! . The reviews claim similar complaints, that is a red flag for me.

February 20th, 2012

Would not recommend

Difficult to work with. When refilling meds, she forgot one prescription. She made me schedule another appointment with another co-pay to rectify her error. The new appointment allowed the medication to lapse and had to struggle without it, all with her knowledge. In addition, I also need to tell her the dosage and meds I am on as her records either do not have them or have them incorrectly. She is not a doctor for diagnosis, but medication refills. Her disposition is abrupt as it feels like you are imposing on her when you have your 15 minute appointment.I do not go there unless I have all of my prescriptions written down with the dosage and generic names, etc.

December 13th, 2011

Awful doctor

She gets paid lots of money for the five minutes she makes me spend with her to get my prescription refilled. After waiting for her for half an hour after my appointment time, I get ushered in where she asks me "How are you?", "Have you been eating", & "Have you been sleeping". Then she says that's all and writes me the prescription. To think I have to pay for this! And take time off from work to boot. She makes me schedule five months in advance and then charges $30 if I forget the appointment she made with me months before. The office doesn't even give a reminder call. I'm not going to see this woman again, and you never should.