Dr. Susanna Choi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 25th, 2013
If you have candida, she's right for you - if not...
The short story is that I find it interesting that nearly EVERY client is diagnosed with candida and referred for treatments by other practitioners in Dr. Choi's office. I went in to Dr. Choi to treat unexplained bleeding, and was referred for bio meridian testing, "to give her more details" about my gynecological problems. After following a strict yeast-, sugar-, dairy-, and gluten- free diet (along with an array of expensive supplements sold by the practice), I began feeling worse and worse. After 8 weeks, Dr. Choi's explanation was that I (still) had a severe yeast infection, as evidenced by the bio meridian testing and childhood ear infections! This was her answer to all of my complaints, NONE of which were present at the time I started the diet: headaches, digestive upset, bloating, gas...and no apparent increase in energy or libido. The up side was that I lost 12 pounds, and she asked if I was happy with that (yes) and how much more weight would I like to lose? I told her that I was less concerned about weight loss (I'm a size 6) and more concerned about feeling healthy! I suggested that I do a food challenge, to see if I actually had an issue with gluten, dairy, yeast, etc.. She was not in favor of that, and wanted me to go for more bio meridian testing (I declined). My bleeding was taken care of by having a D&C to remove polyps, and at my post-operative checkup I asked if my alleged yeast infection and food allergies had anything to do with my bleeding, and she said no! It was an interesting experiment, and has made me more conscious of my diet (and reading reviews and asking pointed questions of doctors). I certainly won't be returning.

June 26th, 2013
Life Saver
Dr. Choi and her staff helped me tremendously over a decade ago when I had candida. Though it was a severe battle for 2 years, the use of the biomeridian machine, supplements and prescription combination helped me win the battle. As the previous complaint stipulated that Dr. Choi suggested an expensive protocol to treat candida, with this horrible medical condition not acknowledged in the medical world as "real" - therefore not covered by insurance - it is very expensive to treat. All my money went to help me get well, and though it broke my wallet, it helped me to heal so I could function again. Thank you, Dr. Choi and staff for your help in such a difficult time!

April 21st, 2013
Best doctor!
She is gentle, attentive, and followed up with me. The most courteous doctor I have ever been to. I feel seen by her, and feel she cares.

July 8th, 2012
Compassionate and effective
Dr. Choi is first a caring Christian and secondly, a pro at determining health issues and the treatment that is most needed. I have always had a good experience with her and intend to always have her as my ob/gyn.

April 10th, 2012
Cannot recommend
I unfortunately cannot recommend Dr. Choi, nor will I be going back to Integrated OB/Gyn. I was referred to Dr. Choi by another physician. I made an appointment for an annual well woman exam (Pap smear, etc). Instead, my appointment turned into a consultation where Dr. Choi tried to sell me on a bunch of complimentary treatments such as "biomeridian testing" and acupuncture in order to treat symptoms (such as anxiety, low libido, etc) that I had indicated on my intake paperwork. She stated that she believed that I have systemic candidiasis, a condition for which there is no scientifically validated test to diagnose - she made this conclusion based on a cluster of symptoms I had checked off on my paperwork. The biomeridian and acupuncture treatments are costly and not covered by insurance ($100-150 a pop for each), and I had told Dr. Choi ahead of time that I had recently been laid off from my job, so not sure why I seemed like a good candidate to pitch these treatments to. Long story short, I wasted two hours and $40 on a copay and didn't even get the exam that I had made the appointment for in the first place! I will now have to go through the process all over again, with a new doctor. Very frustrating.

April 25th, 2011
I have had a great experience in Dr. Choi's office. She has helped me learn that I have Celiac disease and the staff has helped me learn to live and be healthy.

October 19th, 2009
this doctors office saved my life
her knowledge of food allergies and why I had "female" problems because of food allergies saved my life. She hooked me up with her biomeridian staff and they literally saved me. Life "before" seeing Dr. Choi and going thru the bio meridian treatment was unbearable. They saved my life!!