Dr. Susannah Copland MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

December 17th, 2015
I wish I could give 6 stars!!
We came from another big name practice in the area and there was a night and day difference in the care we received here, and outcome! We had no idea we could have such an amazing IVF experience. From the beginning to end the Dr. Copeland was there every step of the way. In comparison to where we just came from... It was cheaper with my same insurance; Dr Copeland had a back up plan (which we used and our other practice did not); we got regular calls from Dr Copeland; we got called back when we had to call after hours; we never waited more than a couple minutes for an appointment (if that); a staff member even volunteered to watch our two kids so my husband could be present for the transfer; and three times when we came in for a weekend u/s or a procedure the doctor was the one to greet us at the desk. It is clear Dr Copeland and Dr. Walmer enjoy taking care of their patients!

November 29th, 2015
Excellent doctor and team
I had very positive experience with Dr. Copland and the team. Dr. Copland was always patient and excellent. She was ready to explain the procedures, possible outcomes and risks. I felt very informed and emotionally supported with her.

October 14th, 2015
Love Dr. Copeland and ARMS
Dr. Copeland is awesome. She's very very smart and also compassionate - difficult to find both in a Doctor. She knows the current research, and has followed up with me many times after work and on weekends. She's an amazing Dr. and the whole place is great. There are many other good Doctors in this area, but IMHO she's the best.

February 9th, 2015
The Best!
Dr. Copland is very knowledgeable, kind and caring. I highly recommend her and ARMS!

March 11th, 2014
Wonderful Experience with Dr. Copland
Dr. Copland is a warm and caring doctor and always made us feel comfortable and not like just another patient. She has the right balance of compassion and knowledge that made the experience just right for us. She really helped reduce our stress by making herself available for questions via phone and the patient portal and by following up regularly to make sure things were going well. We're now pregnant via IVF and can't thank Dr. Copland enough for her expertise, support and genuine compassion. Highly recommend her!

September 17th, 2012
Quality Care
Dr. Copeland takes the time to get to know her patients on a personal level and tailors treatments specific to the patient's situation and needs.

August 10th, 2012
Outstanding physician
I underwent IVF under Dr. Copland's care at the Duke Fertility Clinic. She has since started another practice at Brier Creek. I cannot recommend her highly enough. She is an incredibly warm doctor who listens well to her patients. I went through a single round of IVF with my own eggs at age 40 and got pregnant. She is amazing!

July 30th, 2012
I am excited to see that Dr. Copland is starting an independent practice of her own. My husband and I very much appreciated her style of presenting 'our case' to us. She guided us through our options without pushing any agenda of her own. We would highly recommend her to others. I think we had a particularly tough case going into IVF and although some of it was luck. . . we know our son is also here becuase of her.

July 23rd, 2012
Smart, attentive, and caring
Dr. Copland's deep medical expertise, desire to really listen, and kind compassion guided my husband and I through our tough journey of infertility and she ultimately helped us achieve our dream of becoming parents. Dr. Copland is incredibly smart, resourceful, and current on the research in her field. She explained the medical complexities of our struggles to get - and stay - pregnant in a way we could understand. She listened to our questions and ideas like no other doctor in any discipline ever has (and unfortunately I've been to more than a few doctors). We fostered a strong partnership with Dr. Copland to reach our goal of having a baby. While it was sometimes difficult to see Dr. C during a treatment cycle (as is Duke's way), she took the time to call me back to answer questions and, when necessary, communicate any changes in the plan to her staff so that there weren't any hiccups in our treatment. I felt like I mattered to her. She worked with us through a hysteroscopy and other uterine surgeries, several miscarriages including an ectopic pregnancy, a myriad of tests and procedures to get to the root of our issues, and eventually performed our egg retrieval and transfer that brought us our beautiful daughter. Her genuine compassion for our situation not only comforted us, but as my file grew thicker during our 17 months of working together, she continually gave us hope and answers. We are fortunate to have frozen embryos remaining and, when the time comes, we look forward to working with Dr. Copland again at Atlantic Reproductive. I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone who is struggling to have a baby.

July 22nd, 2012
A Gifted and Amazing Doctor!
I am extremely picky when it comes to physicians. However, when I think about Dr. Copland, the words: compassionate, genuine, knowledgeable and truly empathetic come to mind. Having fertility issues at the age of 32, I was terrified that there was no hope for me. Upon my first meeting with Dr. Copland, I had a million questions. She patiently listened and answered all my questions. Not only did she answer ALL of my questions, she also gave me hope! She analyzed all of my numbers and created a customized and individualized program for me. No matter what situation arose, she always revised the plan so that it would work for my husband and I. As one of the previous reviewers wrote, Dr. Copland really does go above and beyond. I have NEVER met a doctor that takes the time to call in the evenings and on weekends to answer questions and provide reassurance. I starting working with Dr. Copland while she was at Duke Fertility, but because of her expertise and genuine concern about me as a patient, but more importantly as a person, I plan to follow her to Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists. My journey to becoming a mom just wont feel the same without her! I would recommend her to my family and all of my friends. If you are debating on a physician, debate no more. Dr. Copland is truly the best!!

July 22nd, 2012
Excellent doctor!
Dr. Copland is a caring and compassionate doctor who helped us get pregnant. She takes time to diagnose your problem and creates an individulized treatment plan. If one medicine is not responding, then she will amend the treatment. In addition, Dr. Copland has vast expertise in reproductive medicine and keeps up with the latest research findings. I find these qualities very important when selecting a doctor.

July 21st, 2012
Dr. Copland is wonderful!
My husband and I approached Dr. Copland (while she was still working at Duke)with our case, which was a particularly complicated one, involving a gestational carrier and pre-implantation genetic diagnostics. As our primary doctor throughout the process, she was incredibly caring, helpful, and generous with her time. She went above and beyond, communicating with me in the evening or on weekends sometimes if we couldn't reach her during the day, advocating for us when we faced some scheduling stumbling blocks, and patiently answering my many many questions. Various things that she said and did showed me that she really cared about my overall well-being beyond just the pregancy.