Dr. Susanne Woodlan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susanne Woodlan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

August 13th, 2016

patient

Dr. Woodland was ok. It was the girl at the reception and the guy who I believe is the office administrator. Very rude. First the receptionist hunged up on me because she wanted my email address and I did not have one. I called back and the answer was to call them for appointment when I get an email address. The guy followed me to the parking lot with a bill I didn't know about, trying to put it in my bag. I told him if he touches anything and keeps on following me, I will call he cops. He should mail it. That infuriated him more.

September 10th, 2015

Rude

The doctor and her team and rude and extremely non-compassionate. Given the sensitivity of the health problems women face, I would not recommend this doctor.

April 16th, 2015

Very nice Dr., great staff.

September 17th, 2012

have been going to Dr. Woodlan for 4 years. I have been very happy with Dr,. Woodlan's office and expertise.

December 8th, 2011

Please listen to the other reviews. DO NOT SEE HER!

Dr. Woodlan is the most uncaring and rude "professional" I have ever witnessed. She is literally in it for the money and nothing else. She is cold and distant, tries to get you out the door ASAP (especially if you have questions), and is more than willing to argue and talk back. She is incompetent (did NOT tell me an important test result for OVER A YEAR, then decided to argue with me over whether or not if she did when I was simply asking about my condition) and her staff is EXTREMELY rude. The guy is the worst, but the little girl will be civil... when she feels like it. They are insistent upon making the patient feel uncomfortable and incompetent despite their lack of civility and knowledge. Woodlan will be very insistent that you pay your bill when it has been less than a week since your last visit. On top of all this, she recommended me for a completely unecessary surgery because both her and montgomery general are of sub-par intelligence. Why be in health CARE when you clearly do not give a fig about your patient or their health? This woman is a disease in the medical profession. Avoid her at all costs.

August 25th, 2011

Absolutely Horrendous

VERY oddball male receptionist, which I guess is the Dr's husband? A very strange and distant man. Should not be dealing with the public. Worse, though, is the Dr herself. This woman hung-up on me, even though I was being calm and respectful, because she was so infuriated that I did not want to come in for a second office visit only 1 week after I had been seen and given a full exam. I have a severe fainting disorder, and begged her to please understand my unique circumstances and refill a mild yeast infection pill for me over the phone. Any dr would do this, but she refused, then hung up in my ear. NOT a professional. Wants the money for the extra office visit. Her office was empty when I was seen--she obviously does not do well. A very, very poor dr, not compassionate or understanding, and will NOT be available to you over the phone under any circumstances. Awful, awful, awful.

August 22nd, 2011

Total REGRET and DISAPPOINTMENT

Like the other users here have mentioned, the front desk staff is terrible. Rude like none other and always seem to be blaming you or make you sound like your doing something wrong. I wish I had seen these reviews before, otherwise I never would have gone to see this doctor and wasted my money. The only reason I tried Dr Woodlan was because she was in my insurance network. The doctor has an "on-time" schedule, which I suppose accounts for her lack of caring and thoroughness. Because she wants you in the door and then out. When I tried asking her some questions, she did not seem as knowledgable as my other obgyn and she simply dismisses you. Her front desk staff is RUDE and horrible. Whenever I try talking to the front desk, any questions I ask comes with a retort that sounds like an attack. As if the patient is being blamed for their condition. NEVER AGAIN will I ever come to this office. The entire office of the doctor and its staff is just outrageously horrible.

August 16th, 2011

Uncaring extremely insensible

I have visited Dr Woodland for about two years, I like the fact that the office is closed to where I live, the Dr is an ok Dr, NOT GREAT but not bad, but the guy who manage the office is discourteous, unfriendly, and plain rude, sometimes I bit intrusive.I was extremely upset two weeks ago when I went to visit her, the office was as usually empty and she saw me for less than 10 minutes, I wanted to tell her how I felt, and expected her to educate/inform me about my conditions, she said take this pills and comeback in 3 weeks, I have to say excuse me but what about this and that, and she said well talk next time since she didnt listen to me the medicine didnt work, I called back and the guy was as usual, rude and intrusive, he wouldnt let me talk to the dr. They are not there b/c they care about the patients health but for the money. I even tough of calling me insurance and let them know whats going on with this practice.

July 29th, 2011

Awesome doctor

I am so surprised to read the other reviews. I have been going to Dr. Woodlan for years and she is the best gyn/ob I have ever seen. I am 50 and have seen lots previously in California, Vermont, PA and now Maryland. She is the most thorough doc and very professional. There has been no bad incidents with the front staff either but of course I carry my insurance card.

June 9th, 2011

The patient has been in their body longer than you have...trust them. We aren't idots.

Actually listening to me, understanding what I am concerned about not just blowing me off because of my age. If you don't initially see/experience something wrong but the patient does, trust that and look harder. Yes! I want you to find something wrong with me when I am feeling like there is something wrong and no, I don't want to take birthcontrol pills or more Advil. I want you to ask more questions, pay attention and not write me off.

March 14th, 2011

Horrible..before the visit

I had called to schedule an appointment and the lady who answered the phone was very helpful. i called on a Tuesday. On Friday I started to feel sick, and called to try to cancel my appointment, but no one answered the phone and there was no machine to leave a message on. On Monday (the day of my appointment) I was running a fever and very sick. I called at 8am (the minute they opened) and asked to reschedule. The receptionist was a witch with a b. she was so rude and not helpful. She had told me that they do not reschedule new patients and that I would need to find a new doctor. I thought that was SO rude and unprofessional. When I told her, that I was sick and running a fever she said "well im sorry" I will never refer this doctor and I'm thankful that I didn't have to go and deal with this in person.

January 6th, 2011

Money is more important than patient care

I wasted my visit to this doctor today (took leave from work to make it for this appointment as I had some health concerns) because the receptionist did not trust me when I told her that my insurance information had not changed and that I would call my primary care physician who would fax her the insurance information. The receptionist appeared to be very unhelpful in her attitude and overall behavior. She did nothing to making my visit a favorable one. When Dr. Woodland intervened and said that I could drop off the health insurance card, I told her that I was not going to drive all the way to her office just to give her the card, but I could have it faxed. She agreed, but the receptionist interjected and told Dr. Woodland that I should be fully charged for the visit till she received my insurance card. That did it! The doctor's office had my social security number, the number of my health insurance and I had told them that I would fax them the information; they could have called my insurance company to confirm my health coverage, but they would not provide me that service/courtesy. They downright refused to call my health insurance company. Dr. Woodland also seemed to be supporting her receptionist. I thought that Dr. Woodland and her office staff gave more importance to making sure that she was paid rather than to see her patient was seen for whatever concerns she had come to see her for. I now have to change my gynecologist as I don't feel comfortable working with a doctor who is more interested in money (money that she would have got paid anyways, if they had just called my insurance company)than in her patients.