The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sushma Nakka
Dr. Sushma Nakka, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakeland, FL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Nakka is affiliated with Bartow Healthcare Systems,Ltd. d/b/a Bartow Memorial Hospital and Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Nakka has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sushma Nakka has the following 5 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists...
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability...
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain....
Dr. Sushma Nakka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeland, FL.
Dr. Antonio Trindade
Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine
Lakeland, FL 0 mi45
Dr. Joseph Paolucci
Lakeland, FL 0 mi10
Dr. Kamal Haider
Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology
Lakeland, FL 0 mi36