Dr. Suzana Simkovic MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 20th, 2013
An Excellent Doctor
I saw Dr. Simkovic for a total of four years. I cannot give her enough kudos! Dr. Simkovic's appointments are made through a woman named Cathy. Cathy was always so friendly over the phone. After one year in Dr. Simkovic's care, I moved to the South Bay. If I ever told Cathy I needed an appointment on a certain day due to the long drive, she was always willing to squeeze me in. Dr. Simkovic's schedule runs like a Swiss watch. She was never more than five minutes late to call me back into her office, and, if she was a little late, a patient was leaving her office. Nothing wrong with spending a little extra time with a patient who needs it, especially when you're a psychiatrist. She cancelled one appointment during my time with her which, again, is understandable. (I hear doctors are humans too.) Dr. Simkovic herself is an extremely attentive clinician. But what made her stand out was her un-patriarchal attitude. It was never "I'm writing this prescription, take it once a day," but rather, "We can do 'x,' y.' or 'z.' Let me explain the risk and benefits of each and you tell me what you want to do." Sadly, I'm no longer in California. I've put off finding a new psychiatrist because I know he or she won't be as awesome as Dr. Simkovic. The only downside is that she does not participate in insurance plans, but, from what I understand, that isn't uncommon among Bay Area psychiatrists. Thank you Dr. Simkovic!

November 17th, 2016