Dr. Suzanna Schaffer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Suzanna Schaffer?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Suzanna Schaffer?

• Good

August 11th, 2015

Excellent

July 13th, 2012

My BEST Doctor

I started seeing Dr.Schaefer as my principal physician when she was pretty fresh out of medical school, maybe in the late 70s. Very soon she correctly diagnosed a condition I had been suffering with since I was a teenager & had reported repeatedly to a a couple of trusted & experienced physicians. I had been dealing with gall bladder stones & everyone else said it was stomach upset.In another illustration of her thoroughness and perceptiveness, she referreed me to a specialist for an enlarged thyroid. The specicalist said it was indeed slightly enlarged, and that my internest was very perceptive, since it would have escaped notice by most doctors.Later, as a genetic neuro-muscular condition began to surface, she was the only doctor who told me that, while muscle pain is a common side effect of taking statins, statins can also be a trigger for the even more serious genetic condition. She referred me to a specialist for testing and indeed her concern was well-founded. I could have gone on for several years without the proper diagnosis of this life-changing, progressive condition.More than once, she has explained to me the side-effects of a prescription from a specialist. Due to changes in my insurance, all the doctors I see except Dr. Schaefer are with a different hospital. Yet she keeps up with their notes on my care & contributes info as needed because I have given her access to my online records at the other hospital.Less momentous, but still an indicator of Dr. Suzanne (not Suzanna) Schaefer's care for her patients -- I went to the emergency room after fender bender and was found to be OK. Nonetheless, she learned of my stop and called me at work that very day to see if I was really feeling OK. I trust this woman!

January 25th, 2017