Dr. Leslie Black MD Patient Reviews

February 5th, 2016
Competent Care, Bad Business
My husband and I began to see Dr. Black when we moved to town. Our first visits with her were good. She is a knowledgable doctor with many years of experience. This is the end of the good things I have to say about this doctor and the office. Complaints: 1. Ease of appointment scheduling is terrible. This office is open sporadically through the week. Some days they close as early as 1 pm, making it inconvenient to schedule appointments around work and school hours, especially when you desperately need an appointment. My husband was very sick one day. When I called to schedule an appointment for that day, I was told that Dr. Black could not see see him for three weeks due to availability conflicts. Also, Dr. Black has taken weeks to months off at a time, making it difficult to trust her to be there when we need her the most. 2. I can honestly say that in my numerous experiences with doctors' staff, this is the rudest and most repugnant staff I have had to work with. I went in for a well woman visit where I was prescribed routine refills. After the visit, I paid my copay. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, and I have never had problems with insurance asking me for more money before. A few weeks later, I received a letter with the words "PAST DUE" stamped in red on the front. Dr. Black's office had charged me $395.00. Their office had charged my insurance for a sick visit (which they later justified as prescribing a refill--ludicrous), a well visit, and as the icing on the cake, an extra hour and a half of "acute care." When I called Dr. Black's office to discuss this charge, I was forwarded to the office manager, who was extremely rude from the beginning, and fully unwilling to negotiate or work with me on remediating these charges. Fortunately, many months later, BCBS decided to cover the charges. In the meantime, this office was completely unhelpful, and sent me many more letters asking for payment. 3. The above example tells me Dr. Black is out to make as much money off of her patients as possible. BCBS told me they do not see charging for extra time with patients--almost never. It upset me most that Dr. Black seems to "time" my visits--if you go over thirty minutes with her, expect extra charges. By the way, you won't find this posted in her office. In summary, l can't trust Dr. Black with my health because I can't predict whether or not I will get charged hundreds of dollars if I need more than 30 minutes with her. I can't trust her because her billing staff is incompetent. I can't trust her because she may or may not be available when I need her the most.

February 5th, 2015
Dr. Black: Caring and Sharp! Recommend!
Dr. Black is the extraordinary physician who takes time to know you. She is incredibly kind and approachable. Along with that relaxed manner comes a lightning-fast brain up to date with the latest research and treatments. Plus she knows everybody (and they all rave about HER), and will refer you to the best specialists if required. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

December 16th, 2014
Dr. Black is an exceptional physician who takes the time to get to know you. She's up on all the latest research and treatment options. Highly recommend!!

October 11th, 2012
I went to this doctor for a while and thought that I liked her even though she was in a rush a lot of times because she was running behind in her schedule. My view of her changed after I got summands to her office and got reprimanded in front of her nurse and an intern about asking to many questions, turning her back to me and talking to her nurse, saying that maybe I needed to be put on "Ritalin". Needless to say that I never went back to see this doctor again, I don't go to someone that treats her patients like that.

May 18th, 2010
I've been searching for a primary care doctor for my family for years, and we have been so happy with Dr. Black. She is kind, knowledgeable, and caring, as are her nursing staff. She listens carefully to patient concerns and is very thorough when seeking to answer them. She has excellent rapport with her patients--my teenage daughter is equally as comfortable with her as I am.