Dr. Suzanne Turner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 11th, 2016
STAY AWAY
This is not about Dr. Turner (whom I have never seen, as I see one of the NP's), but this is in reference to her staff. Front desk girls are horribly rude, inconsiderate, and clearly should not be dealing with the public..worst I've seen in a very long time. Calls are never returned after multiple promises to have someone do so. Stay away from this office!

June 13th, 2016
Convenient Family Medicine
Overall a good group of medical providers. Been with Vine Medical for 3 years now. Beware that if you don't pay the annual retainer fee to see the on premise doctor ( Dr. Turner) , you will be seen by a mid-level provider or nurse. Although with a more restricted scope of practice , these practitioners seem to be fine. If you are looking to see the same provider time after time , for consistency, be prepared to pay an annual fee to see the MD ( on top of regular medical charges & co pays ). This may work out for some people that see the doctor lots, but maybe not for the person that visits the doctor once or twice per year.

January 8th, 2016
I was a patient of Dr. Turner for several years. I have relocated to SC, and can only pray I find another Doctor as good as Dr. Turner. Dr. Turner and her staff are the best. They truly car about their patients.

April 24th, 2015
Caring and Smart
Both of my parents are in their 80's, and have been patients of Dr. Turner for 2 years. We feel like "part of the family" whenever we visit her office. The entire staff is friendly and caring. Dr. Turner is patient and a good listener, and has always spent enough time with us to make sure she understands all our concerns. She is excellent at explaining conditions and treatment options in "plain English" so that we feel fully informed before leaving her office. Dr. Turner seems to treat the "whole person" rather than just a set of symptoms on any given visit. She is smart and thorough, and not reluctant to refer to specialists when necessary. I highly recommend her!

April 9th, 2015
Feeling frustrated
I am writing this on behalf of my 87 year old mother who is a patient of Dr. Turner. I have accompanied her on her last 3 visits to Dr. Turner and waited 2 1/2 hours at the first appointment, waited 2 hours at the second appointment which was for a BP check & flu shot (never saw the Doctor) and waited an 1 hour 50 minutes at the third appointment which was for a check up and again never saw Dr. Turner. AT each visit my mother was seen by either the nurse practitioner or physician assistant. She has yet to be seen by the same person twice. Most of the questions were repetitious and the information should have been in her records. Recently there was an issue with my mother's medication that I feel Dr. Turner's office handled very poorly. My mother had 2 different brands of thyroid medication, one for 75 mg the other for 88 mg. There was a question as to which medication she should be taking. I called the office on a Monday after 3:00 pm so did not expect a response until the following day. I did not hear anything on Tuesday so I called early Wednesday, reexplained my concerns & waited for a reply. Again there was no response. I called again on Thursday & left another message & explained my concern & frustration. Finally the nurse returned my call and told me to have my mother continue her medication. Once again I had to explain that Mom was prescribed 2 different brands of thyroid medication with 2 different dose amounts and needed to know which one my mother should be taking. This could have been a very dangerous situation had my mother taken both of the medications that she had been prescribed. Both my mother and myself are feeling very frustrated after visiting the office today for a check up. After waiting nearly 2 hours with only seeing the nurse practitioner, my mother needs to return to have blood work done because she was never told to fast. It is time to look for a new doctor.

December 16th, 2014
No one answers the phone. You may have to wait 2 days to hear back.

July 3rd, 2014
I felt like I was cheated
I paid $2500 in inflated fees. I feel like they cheated me.

June 25th, 2014
Just a Poor Physician
I stopped being a patient of hers because of errors in judgment and diagnosis. I was allergic to a compound that is listed in all my medical records. Because I had been a patient for a while, how could this piece of information be overlooked. Next, I was sent to a clinic to get a few organs scanned; however, the only thing that was wrong was too many mg. of a med I was taking which I stopped on my own. Finally, she suggested I take an OTC for sleep. I later was tested and was found not to be deficient in melatonin. She was not helpful and I was frustrated have her as my physician. I am much happier with my current physician.

May 29th, 2014
i have been a patient for 3 years and really like dr. ferree. I Called to make appt for annual physical. in the past I would wait 4-6 weeks-no problem. This time, SIX MONTHS!!!!! Receptionist thought it was no big deal. I feel it's time to find a new doctor!

May 23rd, 2014
The personal attention Dr F gives you is worth everything. She really tries to get to know her patients and is confident and quick to help when there is a medical problem. I am grateful for Dr F.

November 16th, 2012
Too many patients ? Too little time ....
Overall a good doctor , with a good staff ! I have been coming here for almost 3 years now. The time spent on appointments is rather minimal . I carry private insurance and don't have any " serious " issues. The time Dr. Ferree spends on each of my visits is very short. I almost feel as though my vist , makes up for Medicaid & Medicare patients , as doctors are not paid well enought for those patients. On my last vist I was handed a piece of paper and told to note / circle any issues I may have, as well as list 2 topics of concern that I would like to discuss with Dr. Ferree. What the .......? So now I am limited to 2 items of concern per visit ? If I have 3 or 4 things that I want to discuss should I make 2 back to back appointments ? Come on Dr. Ferree , you are better than this .... maybe consider a concierge practice , because I am.

October 11th, 2012
OUTSTANDING!!
Dr. Ferree is super!! She spends time with you, makes sure she has answered all your questions. She is easy very friendly and easy to talk to. She is building a HUGE patient (client) base, and therefore it is sometimes difficult to get an appointment; however, it is well worth the wait!!Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND her!!