Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

3.0

Aug 15th, 2016

Every doctors office is busy, she is an awesome doctor and honestly cares about her patients

May 25th, 2016

Very smart. Very personable.

don't go there worst mistake of my life show details don't go there worst mistake of my life
May 8th, 2016

Dr lamanna is very abrupt and condescending when talking to patients and staff. she can be heard yelling down the halls. there is no filter as to what and how she speaks to people and to think she was a former nun

Experienced, Caring Doctor for the Entire Family show details Experienced, Caring Doctor for the Entire Family
by Aimee Boyce on May 3rd, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Lamanna since I moved to the area in 2004. I was impressed with her from the very first time I met her. She is the health care provider we've selected for our entire family. The thing that stands out to me the most about Dr. Lamanna is that, although she has a thriving practice & is clearly very busy, she NEVER makes me feel rushed. She takes the time to sit down, look me in the eye, & listen to my concerns. She also considers my personal preferences & works with me to use natural treatments, diet, & exercise to address any health needs as often as possible. I feel like we're a team when it comes to my family's health care as opposed to how I have been made to feel by previous physicians, e.g., they gave me directions & I was supposed to just follow them without question. Additionally, I have used her laser hair removal services, which were much less expensive than any other service I checked & worked very well for me. For the first time in over 10 years, I don't have to worry about shaving my 5 o'clock shadow because I no longer have one! Dr. Lamanna & Amy, the nurse practitioner on staff, are experienced & genuinely caring people who I trust to take care of my husband, my children, and me. I highly recommend this practice to anyone looking for a primary care physician.

Just plain rude!! show details Just plain rude!!
Apr 30th, 2016

Daughters and I were patients in this office. Staff is beyond rude and unprofessional. Esp her office manager. Gladly took family and myself to a different PCP

Getting old is not fun show details Getting old is not fun
by L Smith on Apr 26th, 2016

I have seen Dr Lamanna and/or her staff over the past 18 years and have been very happy with the service. All her associates have been very knowledgeable. She does frequently have students shadow her and I have always been receptive to that since they need to get their experience somewhere and Dr Lamanna is very good. Her practice is busy because she is good and although I would prefer to see her a little more often, her PAs have always been very knowledgeable and courteous. Have always had a good interaction with front desk as well. Those visits I may have had that were a little rushed were few and generally due to an emergency she had to handle which cannot be anticipated.

Apr 20th, 2016

They seem to be looking for payment above patient care.

Apr 1st, 2016

I had a good experience.

Awful Doctor show details Awful Doctor
by Donald Buckley on Mar 2nd, 2016

You will never see Dr lamanna ever she been my primary doctor for 2 years and have not once. Seen her I was told I had narrowing in my neck after x ray and nothing was done she has 2or3offices and never see anybody

Move on elsewhere show details Move on elsewhere
by Ardus Moon on Feb 12th, 2016

I am uncertain how this woman is still practicing medicine. A my last and final visit, she was enraged with a staffing issue in the hallway before entering my exam room. Her anger entered with her and she announced there was no way i had bronchitis as she just treated me for a sinus infection. Upon listening to my lungs and hearing the telltale signs, she erupted into a further state of fury and screamed for someone to begin a breathing treatment. I dressed quickly and headed for door as she yelled, "then discharge her and get her out of here if she does't want bronchitis treatment that she came for..." Run away fast please. An accident waiting to happen

Avoid at all costs!! You deserve better. show details Avoid at all costs!! You deserve better.
Feb 9th, 2016

As a health care professional myself, I found this physician to be rude, condescending and uncaring. She is ill-informed regarding this patient's history and even referred to my long standing well documented mental illness diagnosis as "Bull." She also falsely accused me of something with absolutely no proof to this fact. I believe these actions to be potentially dangerous to the well being of her patients and I will be pursuing further reporting and any and all disciplinary actions avail.

Horrible all around,anywhere is better than this office show details Horrible all around,anywhere is better than this office
by Disgrunteled honest pt on Jan 19th, 2016

Horrible practice in a basement. rude inaccurate un knowledgeable staff. Misdiagnosed me, treated with a med I didn't need. Makes you find your own specialist. Billing is always wrong. Don't call to remind you of appts unlike every other Dr on the planet. Don't fwd records to specialists when asked. Barely answer phone, you'll be on hold forever , If they don't hang up on you first. Very judgemental. Worst experience ever!

Assistant Manager at patients group home show details Assistant Manager at patients group home
by Martha Williams on Jan 15th, 2016

Dr. Lamanna and her NP's and nurses are all so thorough. They take a lot of time with each patient.

Bi-polar provider show details Bi-polar provider
Jan 8th, 2016

Can't keep staff nor providers. Pt waits over 1 hour. Does not back the pts up and she always defends her staff as if they can do no wrong. She great but then she will switch up on you. I think she's bipolar.

correction to my previous review,,re:rude staff etc. show details correction to my previous review,,re:rude staff etc.
by C.Laning on Nov 18th, 2015

I am taking the time to say that i apologize for my previous review i wrote and i have tried to delete it but i dont know how. However i did have a long conversation with office manager and we straighten out things and i feel bad for my previous review . My family and i truly love being at this office and we really do not want to leave and i am very happy with the outcome of my discussion with the office manager Dottie. I found out that that part of the issue is the phone system (nurses not getting messages, no call backs) and is in the process of being fixed. I am very happy Thaat the office manager and I took the time and had a discussion and are going to try and work together on stuff, and hope she has the best of luck getting everything straighten out to make the office better then it ever was... Oh i apologize to all for the previous review and again i am working on how to remove if, thank you Dottie and all the staff at the office..

dr. lamanna is terrible person and doctor show details dr. lamanna is terrible person and doctor
by mfd on Sep 18th, 2015

dr. lamanna talks to you like you are a child and tells you to stop yelling when she is doing all the yelling.i called the office becasue for the second time they called my prescription to the wrong pharmacy and instead of helping she accuses me of causing problems in her office and talks to me like i am a child.second that dottie person calls me to tell me i neede to apologize to dr. lamanna she is rude and needs to goto work washing dishes in arestaurant where she does not have to interact with people.

Aug 21st, 2015

Dr Lamanna is rude loud does not care who hears what she is talking about. Even if doors are closed the walls are paper thin.

Jun 13th, 2015

Horrible!!! Never go here! Staff is rude. Have to call an million times for test results. Never get call backs. Just horrible all around

May 31st, 2015

After seeing Dr. Lamanna for my appointment, I was told to call the Doctor's nurse if I had any questions. When I called Nurse was no longer with the practice. What a shame. The Doctor's nurse was always helpful answering my medication questions and calling me with test results. As a matter of fact all of the nurses have left. To bad as she had finally hired some staff that were nice, caring and knew what they were doing. I guess I would leave also if she spoke to me the way she did those ladies!

Fabulous care show details Fabulous care
by Hunts on Apr 24th, 2015

Dr Lamanna and her team are excellent. I have no problem calling the office with questions or scheduling. Dr. Lamanna does a very thorough exam and explains everything so we understand. We use her office as family care. No need for an additional pediatrician. Excellent care under this group!

Apr 12th, 2015

I have never met anyone as cruel as Dr.lamanna. She is all about turning her practice into a spa rather than focus on practicing medicine. She runs the NPs ragged and makes sure they are meeting their "salaries". She is so quick to market her new state of the art laser hair removal thing which I don't feel a doctors office should do. It isn't billed to insurance, and it is all out of pocket into hers! She is very condescending to patients. She over works her staff members with work that they are not properly trained to do. Which is due to the fact there is no time to train with it being so busy, and nobody is qualified due to her turnover rate being worse than McDonald's!

Save your self a headache show details Save your self a headache
Apr 11th, 2015

most unorganized establishment I have ever step foot in. The way the doctor talks to the staff in horrific! Also very unprofessional when a doctor can be heard complaining about a patient. HAVE SOME CLASS for god sakes!

Apr 11th, 2015

What a poor excuse of a medical office. Not only is Dr. Lamanna rude to her patient's she is horrible to her staff. I have hear her yell and scream down the hall at her staff. She has had a high turnover in staff and every time she gets good people to work for her they leave due to her abusive behavior. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone unless you want to constantly be called by staff to book your next appointment or listen to her abusive mouth to her staff. Her NP Karen is a joke. The nurses are smarter than she is!

Stay away. show details Stay away.
Apr 11th, 2015

I'm not sure where to start. She is manipulative and rude to both patients and staff. She has staff members call incessantly to schedule appointments, sending letters too. Just to schedule an appt next year! Randomly won't fill prescriptions and makes people come in for appointments. The nurse practitioner Karen is horrible. Does not address your concerns, pretends like she doesn't hear you, repeats herself and then says you need another appointment. The staff is always changing, I'm talking like 15 different people in a year. I wouldn't want to work there either. The office is filthy ps.

Apr 10th, 2015

If you want a doctor that spends quality time with you, she is the one. If you want a big practice where the doctor has a 'timed' amount with you (usually 15 minutes) you should go somewhere else.

Not impressed show details Not impressed
Mar 20th, 2015

I was referred by many friends years ago. I was Never able to see the physician. Always the NP. Office staff who are not nurses advise patients over the phone. difficult to get appointments if sick. left practice

Medical Receptionist show details Medical Receptionist
by S. Wheeler on Oct 29th, 2014

I was employed by Dr. Suzanne Lamanna. Not only is her attitude deplorable, she is the most unethical ex nun I have ever known. Her office manager and billing person are obviously no better. While employed there, I was examined by the N.P. Dr. Lamanna and the rest of her billing staff was fully aware I had no insurance and could not afford to go to my Dr. Dr. Lamanna told me not to worry..,I have been sent to collections for that, "free" examine. Karma never sleeps Dr, Lamanna. I hope everyone in your life begins to see you for what you really are. You're not a compassionate person, clearly you need to practice what you preach.

home visit show details home visit
by joan m on Aug 11th, 2014

DOCTOR was On time,very helpful, and a great comfort to the patient (my husband) &to me. More doctors making home calls to bed bound patients are needed. Dr. Lamanna is very appreciated by my family. The office staff was helpful with the appointment.

happy patient for 14 /- years show details happy patient for 14 /- years
Jan 28th, 2014

doctor lamanna is knowledgeable and personable. appointments can sometimes be hard to get because she is so busy, but she will always fit you in if it is an emergency

What a Mess of an Office show details What a Mess of an Office
Jan 17th, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Lamannas for over 3 years, I am no longer. I never really saw her much just Jenn Baldwin who is wonderful. When I did see Dr. Lamanna, she is very rude and condescending like your making up your symptoms. And god forbid if you throw out some ideas because you have been researching yourself, they are easily dismissed. Even though I have a lot of specialist I always had to follow up with her office and schedual an apt and make a co-pay and for what that's why I have a specialist. The front desk people are very rude and very unorganized. The turn over in the office is unreal it seems to be ever 6 months that she has a new staff of nurses and they know nothing about you or your history. I would not suggest going to this Dr if you have any serious medical issues, maybe a hang nail and that's about it.

Not good show details Not good
Nov 5th, 2013

Main thrust of office visit was that I wasn't getting out of there until I bought something. More like a visit to a used car salesman than a dispassionate health care provider. The student that first examined me was great but then the doc came in and the condescending sales pitch began.lost any confidence that my health needs were being rationally considered. Will not go back.

The worst medical practice I've ever encountered show details The worst medical practice I've ever encountered
by Dissapointed former patient on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Lamanna's office is a textbook example of how not to run a doctor's office. The wait times can be astronomical, the staff is consistently rude & antagonistic, and doctor herself is scatterbrained and distant. Without question, seek your medical services elsewhere.

First Primary in years not the best but ok show details First Primary in years not the best but ok
Aug 30th, 2013

I went and was excited to find a place that seemed friendly. I then started to see the changes in the environment go from friendly to treating you just like a number. The receptionists was very rude in person and over the phone. I mean the receptionist is the face of the business and pleasant and professional is the least. The nurse and staff does change every time I come and I asked one girl why is that she said I know the turn around is high but she has been there for a few years. I am unsure on how long I will keep them. They had some guy a student come talk to me about my health and that made me uncomfortable like why did they send you in here. I was very mad that they did that and wanted to talk to me about something I was sensitive about and he tried to talk to me about it. I couldn't believe that Dr. Baldwin would allow him to practice on me. Dr. Lamanna was good she straight to the point and professional she helped me a lot in regards to my questions.

This Doctor has some serious psychosis show details This Doctor has some serious psychosis
Jun 9th, 2013

I had been a patient of Dr. Lamanna for a while now, and I've recently moved on to another practice that is 'normal.' I find it very disturbing to check in for an appointment and the receptionist is visibly upset and crying because she was reprimanded so harshly. I once waited 5 months for a medication because it had to be approved by my insurance. And the doctor- her behavior is unacceptable. I once witnessed her standing at one end of the hall literally screaming at a nurse to pull another person out of an exam room because people weren't being cleared out of the waiting room fast enough. The nurse was simply trying to take blood so that person could leave. The nurses and staff- they are always changing. I cannot feel comfortable sharing my life with a complete stranger every time I walk in. The Dr. I see now has nurses that have been there 5-10 years.the quality of nurses are dwindling too. I once had a young girl take my blood and I'm pretty sure she wasn't even out of high school, and I always saw her doing maintenance work. This was during a time when there was a "short staff." I won't even get started in the "office manager" who tried to bill me and say I didn't have insurance coverage when I was seen. THAT was the final straw. They should install a revolving door in that office.

Happy to be moving on!! show details Happy to be moving on!!
May 24th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Lamanna for years and years. She started as myself and all of my siblings pediatricians and we just kept going to her because it was easier. Her front office staff is HORRIBLE. They are always so amazingly rude. They treat you like your making up symptoms. I once called with a high fever (101.4) and was told "That's impossible". They are rude to you when you come in, they put you on hold for a long time, I brought this problem up to Dr. Lamanna and was told that she "stands behind her staff". On to Dr. Lamanna herself. As I said, I've been seeing her for years. Over 10 years. We actually used to see her at her old office. For as long as I remember, we've always had very long waits both in the waiting room and once we get in the office. I also feel she is very judgmental. I understand that she used to be a nun however I feel it isn't right that she asks personal questions and when I'm honest, gets angry with me. I have never felt the need to lie about my sexual activity as I'm a full grown adult however because I wasn't married, it was very obvious she was judging me. It would have been nice to have a doctor whom I would feel comfortable talking to about those personal things in case I had questions. Instead, she made me feel embarrassed. When I was 18 and in college, I found out I had HPV and she told my mother. Now that I'm in my twenties, I look back on that with shock. That was so personal and I had no plans to share that with my mother. I was in college, living on my own and fully supporting myself. There was no reason to share it with my mother however she did anyway. There is a lack of confidentiality in that office and a lack of respect. I am very excited that I am now getting married and switching to my husbands insurance so I will "need" to get a new doctor!

Horrible Experience! show details Horrible Experience!
Mar 25th, 2013

MANY times, I'd arrive for an appointment and be told I didn't have one on that day, or I had canceled it. I saved my appointment cards to verify the appointment times and the office manager became angry. When I brought this up with Dr. Lamanna, she became enraged and started yelling! She repeatedly said that she stands behind her staff 200%, then brought in a staff member to confront me. Never in my life have I ever been treated this way, at ANY business, much less in an exam room in a doctors office! One particular visit, there was a note taped on the outside of the office entrance door asking patients not to ask about a receptionists pregnancy because she had just miscarried!!!!! There were many accuracy problems with office notes and filing paperwork, causing considerable delays in treatment, medication and scheduling. Dr. Lamanna has an uneven/unstable temperament, unprofessional conduct and demeanor, can be very loud, rude - even explosive to patients and staff. Her office staff is harried, disorganized and rude.

Mar 5th, 2013

Dr Lamanna screamed at two of her co-workers in front of a patient and all of the staff with the door to her office wide open. She was heard threatening to fire someone through out the entire office. No regard was given to anyone else who had appts. in progress when this occured. Very disheartening to hear and see, as the office is already VERY under staffed. The staff seems to be being forced to micro manage the care of patients in that they call non stop for "follow up" appts. as if the Specialists we are seeing are not providing adequate care. The demands of her office policies were too much, I had to leave the practice.

Good Dr, not so good person show details Good Dr, not so good person
Mar 1st, 2013

The staff walks on eggshells around Dr. Lamanna's wrath. You never know what side of her you're going to get. She can be completely inappropriate. She yells and screams at staff in front of patients. She yells at other patients in front of patients. You can tell the staff is trying so hard but they are definitely under-staffed and not appreciated. She is completely intimidating. When I tried to leave the practice she had her staff call and practically stalk me asking why I was leaving and telling me I wasn't a good mother because she had developed a rapport with my child. It was awful. She only cares about herself. Shame on her and her office manager who just enables her behavior. It's unfortunate because her Nurse Practioner Jennifer Baldwin is amazing. Dr Lamanna is just holding her back.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Nov 6th, 2012

office staff is constantly changing. every time i go there it is someone new taking care of me. love dr lamanna and her no jennifer baldwin. office staff is a different story.

Hard to reach but worth it show details Hard to reach but worth it
Jan 30th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Lamanna's for several years. She has always been very difficult to contact since the phone line is usually busy. When the receptionist answers the phone, she usually puts me on hold for several minutes because she is busy talking with someone else in the office or and/or on another line.Reasons why I continue to be her patient: Primarily, when I am with her or her nurse practitioner, I have all the time I want to discuss whatever health matters have been concerning me. I do not feel rushed at all. Also, her mentor was my favorite doctor ever, who is no longer in practice.

Getting new prescriptions for maintinence medicine show details Getting new prescriptions for maintinence medicine
Jan 25th, 2012

I ran out of my thyroid medicine and vitamin D prescription. I called to let them know I was out of medicine and needed new rx's sent to the pharmacy. They told me they would send them. It took me 2 months to get the medicine I needed. They were snotty with me on the phone. I'm leaving the practice! I have been going there since 2004, all the staff is new, and keeps changing on a regular basis.

Dec 17th, 2011

Do not go to this Doctor. She is very short with her staff causing an uncomfortable setting. She yells at them down the hall and makes them feel that their not worth the time and education. Her staff keeps changing. I guess this reflects the MD.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Do not go to this doctor show details Do not go to this doctor
Oct 3rd, 2011

Calls are not returned and she has emotional problems that get in the way of being a good doctor.

poor behavior; difficult office staff show details poor behavior; difficult office staff
Sep 16th, 2011

This provider has some serious problems with her behavior and calls are not returned.

Dr Lamanna is the best!! show details Dr Lamanna is the best!!
Jan 5th, 2011

Dr Lamanna has always taken the time to diagnose my medical issues, and is not afraid to refer me to a specialist when she is not sure. I have nothing but respect and admiration for her. The wait times can be long, but consider how she spends time with her patients and you will understand why there is a wait. Her office staff can be very cold and unprofessional, which is unfortunate, because Dr Lamanna is just the opposite

BEST dr. I have EVER been to!!! show details BEST dr. I have EVER been to!!!
by K - NY on May 14th, 2010

It's hard to find a dr. that actually takes the time to get to know you on somewhat of a personal note, let alone make you feel like she actually listens to what you are saying and takes the time to explain things in such detail for you. Dr. Lamanna is the BEST dr. I have EVER been to!! She has a great personality, is great with kids, and is very easy to talk to. You don't feel like you are talking to a dr. you feel like you are talking to a good friend or family member. I can't say enough good things about her. I highly recommend her!!!