Neurologist

895 State Farm Rd
Ste 501
Boone, NC 28607
828-264-7720
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
Mar 21st, 2014

Dr McAdams is very focused on you during the visit in fact she is exceptional. Her office staff is very unresponsive and perhaps she is not aware of this. When you telephone her office with a question a serious one not frivolous you rarely can get her and her staff gives inaccurate advice.m you are left feeling they are doing all they can to discourage you from calling. Not a good feeling to have from your neurologist office. She really needs to consider a more professionally trained an d caring staff. They are so discouraging it causes you to consider finding another doctor. This is not cbs good especially when she seems to be such a good and caring doctor.

by Wanda Kay Calhoun on Nov 25th, 2013

I have had symptoms for several years now. Dr Mcadams is the second neurologist I have seen. I had a horrible experience with the first doctor. He didn't seem concerned at all. Dr Mcadams is the opposite. She has spent a great deal of time with me and is very thorough. She has ran a lot of test on me and has done referrals. She has not made a speedy diagnosis. I will continue to follow up with her because she is trying very hard to help me and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

by Rachael on Feb 26th, 2013

I have never had a better experience/relationship w/ a Dr. She did her homework before I walked into the door, listened and responded to ALL of my concerns and issues one by one. As far as medication goes she has always made it emphatically clear that it's my choice to try, or continue with treatments she suggests that will be affecting my body and mind. Initially, I was shocked by the wait time, but by the end of the appointment, I realized that everyone before me was getting the same quality and time frame (however long it takes to address everything on a medical laundry list). If I had to wait 8 hrs, I would. I also no longer live in Boone, and drive 2.5 hrs to keep her as my Dr. Her nurse is wonderful, the front staff are not great on call backs at all, but any frustration I have w/ that issue is forgotten during my appointment.

|  Great  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

She's a great dr., well known by neurosurgeons in Winston and they highly recommend her!

|  grateful  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

finally a dr. that listens, puts all the pieces together and offers real help. her knowledge and passion for what she does is amazing. probably the first time i actually smiled, leaving a dr's office. i feel motivated and confident in my recovery.

|  Abysmal Quality  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

Expect a long wait time. The longest I've waited is three hours, shortest is one hour. Do not make any other plans the day of your appointment.She does not listen to my concerns, and will not look back at my chart to refresh her memory. She wouldn't even look at my MRI. She is nice and polite, and has a good bedside manner. Unfortunately, that is the only good thing about Dr. McAdams.If your medical condition worsens, good luck getting in to be seen promptly. The soonest I could be seen was in two weeks. If you call, expect them to get back to you in four to five days.She diagnosed me with two different conditions and wanted to treat me for them despite doing no medical testing. I would not recommend her.

Doctor's Response

I acknowledge there is often a wait time - the average is 45 minutes per our computer statistics. However, I give EVERYONE time to address each and every issue. I do not require you to schedule another appointment as other doctors do. I look at everyone's records - remember they are on the computer in front of me. I look at everyone's MRI's even though I do not charge for that review. Your Radiologist has formally read them and charged for the reading of the MRI. Many Neurologic diseases are actually syndromes so there is no single test to diagnose them. I try not to order unnecessary tests due to the cost to patients. However, I order many tests when it is indicated. I truly doubt that I have ever diagnosed anyone with "two different conditions" "despite doing no medical testing". You did not express any concern at the time of your appointment. If you had, it would have been addressed. Even you will admit that you were never rushed, and had opportunity to ask all of your questions.

|  Helped me more than any other doctor.  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2011

Dr. McAdams takes all the time needed to listen and thoroughly analyze my needs. She tried several medications for my problems until we found a good combination. She has made very appropriate and helpful referrals for me. I can't say enough good things about her.

Apr 8th, 2011

she is very professional and caring. she answers all questions.

|  Very impressed  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

Dr. McAdams is very professional and compassionate at the same time. I would highly recommend her.

|  diagnosed after five minutes  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

The doctor was very upset that I didn't care to take the Neurotin she prescribed after the 5 minute diagnosis. Very rude.

Doctor's Response

I don't think you are really a patient of mine. I specifically tell people that they are in charge of their medication choices for symptom control . If a medication doesn't help then I don't want them to take it. If you read the other comments, you will know that I don't make any "5 minute diagnosis". I do a thorough examination, review of records , discussion with patient about the issues , discussion with patient about the pros and cons of medications.

Nov 15th, 2010

sometimes there is a long wait time but Dr. McAdams is worth the wait. her staff is considerate. I would highly suggest anyone with neurologic problems make an appointment with her.

Apr 27th, 2010

This appointment was horrible beyond words.

May 15th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Comprehensive care: Dr. McAdams is caring and spends time adequately addressing the patients' needs. Because of this, her office is usually running behind its appointment schedule, but if you know ahead of time and take a book, it's worth the wait.She is

Read Full Review at yahoo.com