Dr. Suzanne Mcadams Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Suzanne Mcadams?

Poor office staff and wait times.

Posted on March 22nd, 2016

Wait time was over an hour and made even worse by small waiting room and uncomfortable chairs. I had to call several times to prompt staff to respond to requests for information from my insurance company. Dr. McAdams spent a long time going over my history, but the office staff were so inadaquate/incompetent and the wait time was so inordinately long at over an hour that I couldn't imagine prolonging the misery by seeing her again.

Superb

Posted on February 6th, 2016

She is worth waiting for in any circumstance. When she is with you she is totally with you. We find her to be extremely thorough and patient in every single visit. Her staff has always been very helpful and accommodating and supportive with one exception, but he was new.

Posted on October 31st, 2015

Just incredible attention to detail, time spent in evaluation, genuine concern, thorough evaluation. Excellence knowlwdge.

Enough is enough

Posted on April 13th, 2015

Dr. Mc Adams is very personable and can put you at ease even if you have been waiting 3 hours to see her. She does spend a lot of time with you; but also charges your insurance for an extended visit. Her staff, on the other hand, is rude, unprofessional, uncaring, and their response to everything is "no". They have no comprehension of customer service or patient care. Expect up to two weeks to get a refill on a prescription; and if you have to reschedule an appointment they will not approve prescription refills. Dr. Mc Adams keeps prescribing medicine that you are supposed to take daily for the rest of your life; but I could not deal with her belligerent staff any longer.

Terrible

Posted on February 17th, 2015

Easiy the most unprofessional doctor in Boone

Great doctor- office staff needs replaced

Posted on February 5th, 2015

Dr. McAdams is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. However, dealing with her office staff and their lack if professionalism is enough to make you switch doctors. They lost my mri request to set up an appointment and after not hearing back in a week, I called and was told they lost the MRI request. They also don't return calls, important ones and that and they don't share messages with each other. The receptionist is the worst and She has promised me multiple times something would be taken care of and when I came out to the desk not only was that not the case but the person relieving her had no idea what I was talking about. Dr. McAdams, please address your office staff. They have caused myself and I'm sure many other patients headaches all due to not doing their jobs properly. I hated seeing the staff because they frustrated me so much. Please address these issues so you don't lose more patients.

poor

Posted on December 27th, 2014

Posted on March 21st, 2014

Dr McAdams is very focused on you during the visit in fact she is exceptional. Her office staff is very unresponsive and perhaps she is not aware of this. When you telephone her office with a question a serious one not frivolous you rarely can get her and her staff gives inaccurate advice.m you are left feeling they are doing all they can to discourage you from calling. Not a good feeling to have from your neurologist office. She really needs to consider a more professionally trained an d caring staff. They are so discouraging it causes you to consider finding another doctor. This is not cbs good especially when she seems to be such a good and caring doctor.

Posted on November 25th, 2013

I have had symptoms for several years now. Dr Mcadams is the second neurologist I have seen. I had a horrible experience with the first doctor. He didn't seem concerned at all. Dr Mcadams is the opposite. She has spent a great deal of time with me and is very thorough. She has ran a lot of test on me and has done referrals. She has not made a speedy diagnosis. I will continue to follow up with her because she is trying very hard to help me and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Posted on February 26th, 2013

I have never had a better experience/relationship w/ a Dr. She did her homework before I walked into the door, listened and responded to ALL of my concerns and issues one by one. As far as medication goes she has always made it emphatically clear that it's my choice to try, or continue with treatments she suggests that will be affecting my body and mind. Initially, I was shocked by the wait time, but by the end of the appointment, I realized that everyone before me was getting the same quality and time frame (however long it takes to address everything on a medical laundry list). If I had to wait 8 hrs, I would. I also no longer live in Boone, and drive 2.5 hrs to keep her as my Dr. Her nurse is wonderful, the front staff are not great on call backs at all, but any frustration I have w/ that issue is forgotten during my appointment.

Great

Posted on September 27th, 2012

She's a great dr., well known by neurosurgeons in Winston and they highly recommend her!

grateful

Posted on September 6th, 2012

finally a dr. that listens, puts all the pieces together and offers real help. her knowledge and passion for what she does is amazing. probably the first time i actually smiled, leaving a dr's office. i feel motivated and confident in my recovery.