Internists, Rheumatologist

5711 Six Forks Rd
Ste 207
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 841-9902
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  Very Disappointed........  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2014

I've had SLE for over 20 years (was diagnosed at age 18). I've been a patient of Dr. Zorn for 10 years. I'm grateful to have only had minimal lupus flare ups throughout the years. My flare ups usually consist of increased fatigue and severe joint pain which usually occurs during stressful periods. When I began to experience increased joint pain that wasn't relieved with over-the-counter Motrin. I decided to schedule an appointment to see Dr. Zorn, knowing that I was most likely having flare up. Scheduling the appointment was very easy, the ever-changing office staff were nice. When I finally saw Dr. Zorn and told her my symptoms she dismissed my concerns and said it was not lupus. She ordered 2 new pain medications and lab work. Her nurse contacted me a few days later and to say my lab work was ok all except my Vit D level which was the cause of my severe joint pain. After suffering for a week, trying to take the pain medications for the joint pain. I began to notice new ankle and feet swelling I contacted Dr. Zorn's office, who told me the swelling was related to hypertension (that I don't have) and to contact my primary care doctor. After seeing my primary care doctor, I learned one of the new pain medications caused fluid retention (the ankle/feet swelling) and the lab work done by my primary care doctor showed LUPUS flare. After 2 weeks of suffering, not being able to hardly walk, dress myself, etc. My primary care doctor prescribed the appropriate medications to resolve my flare. I'm very disappointed in the care I received and do not understand why I was treated like this. I guess I made the mistake of telling her what I thought was going on with me. It seems once I said it was a lupus flare, she was determined to say it was not. Why?? Apparently, she is not interested in partnering with her patients. I have found a new rheumatologist.

|  Glad I didn't read these reviews before my visit and made my own judgement  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2014

Dr Zorn and her staff were wonderful. I am new to the RA world and don't have a final diagnosis yet, but Dr. Zorn spent over an hour listening to my syptoms and explaining the next steps. The only negitive comment i can make is about making the appointment. I was referred to Dr. Zorn by my Orthopedic doctor. Some one from Dr. Zorn's office called but i was driving and unable to look at my calendar. I asked if they would call me back in 5 minutes when I reached my destination. the call never came. thanks to technology I had the number so I called the office back, but the scheduling person was already gone for the day. This was on a Thursday afternoon, when I still hadn't heard from anyone on Monday afternoon, I called again to make an appointment.

|  I truly Laughed at Loud reading the other reviews.....  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2014

because I could have wrote them word for word myself. There are a few good reviews here, and I don't want to discredit them. I wish that there was some way to add personal detail to these reviews. I suspect that the negative reviews would be from the "younger" group. I'm 31. A "healthy" women with no family history that would indicate the development of any kind of arthritis or autoimmune disease. The onset was unexpected. The pain bad enough to keep me from working or even brushing my hair and picking up my coffee. My GD arranged the appointment with Dr. Zorn. I was looking forward to finally getting some answers and for a relief from the pain. My appointment was started with one of the Dr.'s assistants taking down a history and detailed symptom for Dr. Zorn. She was great! very friendly, easy to talk to....a fantastic start to the appointment. Dr. Zorn came in during the middle of this and took over. This is where the appointment took a 180 turn. Dr. Zorn was abrupt and while finishing the history not very interested at all. She told me to "tell a story" about my symptoms and after just said "that's quite a story". But it was said with a very sarcastic tone. I actually gave my husband a look, it was so shocking. Dr. Zorn stepped out so that I could get dressed in the paper gown for the exam. When she came back in, she spent less than 5 mins moving my joints. She then said that it was not RA, that I just had mild arthritis in my hands. I asked about the pain in my feet, knees, hips, shoulders and elbows and she just disregarded it. She said she would get labs and gave me some narcotic pain killers. She sat at the computer and didn't leave while I was dressing. This was quite humiliating, as I have been having trouble with dressing and was having to make accommodations such as wearing a tank top rather than a bra and having to get my husband's help. And not cry after having every thing bent and poked at. I wish I could have had a few minutes to pull myself together instead of having her in the room during this time. This was not at all what I was looking for. I don't want to cover up what is going on, but to find out why it is happening. My second appointment was just short. Dr. Zorn said that the labs were fine. Gave me more pills. Ignored my symptoms. Said to call if I needed to see her again. Took less than 5 minutes. No "We are going to look at other things this could be". No "Let's get X-Rays, see what is going on" Just "Here are some pills, call if you need more" To say the least, I am not calling her back. I am currently trying to find a new doctor. One that does not dismiss my symptoms or imply that I am "crazy" because I say that I am in pain.

|  show details
Dec 14th, 2013

I saw Dr. Zorne for a laundry list of symptoms. Her physical exam and ordering of lab tests were not as thorough as I would have liked. I felt disregarded and as a previous person reviewed she did not leave the room for redressing. Very cold demeanor. I knew something was not right with me especially for a 35 year old "healthy" woman. Yet it was implied that there was no reason for me to see her. I basically got a clean bill of health from her and left the appt feeling like a crazy person. Three months after my visit I saw a cardiologist and needed open heart surgery to repair a valve. I realize that is not her specialty but clearly there was merit behind my symptoms! I later went to another Rheum and now have a diagnosis for MCTD and Fibromyalgia, not to mention heart valve disease and a repaired mitral valve. I was put on Plaquenil and am seen every 6 months. I am also followed by an endocrinologist biannually for my thyroid. I sometimes wonder if my age and the fact that I look far younger than my age is a stereotype used against me. I feel my visit to her was a waste of precious time and money.

|  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Zorn for 4 years and thought I'd weigh in to counter-balance the negative reviews. She is a great doctor who is very caring and helpful. Her office is very efficiently run and her support staff is amazing. She has done wonders for my RA and given me very effective treatment and pain management. I would definitely (and have!) recommend Dr. Zorn to anyone looking for a new rheumatologist.

|  Dr. Zorn  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

I'm not sure why I keep reading so many bad reviews for Dr. Zorn, and at first they scared me, but as soon as I met her I wasn't worried anymore. My experience with her has been very good so far. She is very nice, caring, thorough, and she comes across as very experienced and knowledgable. She listens attentively to all of my questions and concerns, and both her and her nurse have been very proactive about addressing my pain concerns. Today was my second visit with Dr. Zorn, and I will be going back in 2 months. I am very confident in her and trust her completely to provide continued, competent treatment for the two diseases that she has diagnosed me with. No she's not going to throw a bunch of vicodin at you unless you REALLY need it, but if you're looking for a good, experienced, and friendly rheumatologist I think Dr. Zorn is a good choice.

|  This Doctor Sees Nothing But $$  |  show details
by Looking for a different Rheumatologist on Jun 4th, 2010

I was diagnosed over 20 years ago so have dealt with different Rheumatologists over that time period due to relocation of either myself or the Rheumatologist. And Dr. Zorn is the rudest most uncaring one of all. It seems as though the only thing she cares about are the $$. She did not provide adequate care and I work in the health field. She could care less about me as a patient.

|  1st time visit is good  |  show details
by hopeful on May 24th, 2010

it was nice to have the nurse ask th questions and enter it directly into the computer for first time visitors, this way things could be explained, plus you won't miss anything. Dr. was very thorough and will follow up, spent more time than any other doctor so far at any doctor's visits ever. Not sure yet what the diagnosis will be. Hoping for the best

|  Not the doctor for me  |  show details
by CPP on Nov 10th, 2008

Two things I look for: Diagnostic strength and interpersonal skills of which this doctor totally lacks especially related to chronic pain. All statements of pain and discomfort were ignored. She talked down to me and disagreed with previous doctor's diagnosis without telling me WHY. Didn't leave the room after exam while I was dressing.