Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Laura on Oct 7th, 2014

The ENT I saw for a second opinion referred me to Dr. Mikula for a 3rd opinion. The first appointment with her in August was fine, but she didn't show up for my second appointment in September. I arrived on time, was taken back within 5 minutes, but waited in the exam room for over an hour. Only once during that time did a staff member update me to say "she'd be a few minutes." The front desk staff were apologetic and offered to reschedule for the following week, which I declined. Also, be prepared to wait at least a month to get an appointment. This appointment I had at the beginning of September was supposed to be at the end of the month, but apparently there was a cancellation today. The two positive comments about her are that 1) she agreed with me that surgery is the answer for my nasal congestion/pain (my regular ENT has been hesitant to pursue surgery) and 2) she found swollen turbinates and a small septal spur that both my sinus CT and regular ENT missed. She has a decent bedside manner, but isn't as warm as my other docs. Perhaps she's competent, but I shouldn't have to wait over an hour in the exam room, nor a month to get an appointment. I've never had to wait over an hour in an exam room for a doctor, ENT or otherwise. I'll stick with the ENT I already have a relationship with AND respects my time.

by Leeanne on Jul 14th, 2014

I saw Dr. Mikula 15 years ago and she did sinus surgery tat allowed me to breathe properly for the first time in years. She is great!! I would definitely recommend her!!

|  Long wait - rushed care  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

On my second visit, I waited 2.5 hour. Yes, two and a half hours!

|  What Quality Care Is All About!  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

I was diagnosed with a spenoid sinus infection after having a head CT for chronic headaches and blurred vision. My primary sent me to Dr. Mikula for an evaluation. I also had a lump in the back of my neck which was scheduled for removal by a general surgeon a few days after my appt with Dr. Mikula. I asked Dr. Mikula if she could take a look at the lump since I had been told by a neurosurgeon that it was a pulled muscle, and a general surgeon that it was a lipoma. I figured another diagnosis couldn't hurt. She said it could be a swollen lymph and recommended I postpone the surgery and wait to see if it goes down after being treated for the sinus infection. It has gone down significantly, I've had less headaches, and I've only been on the antibiotic for 6 days, 4 more to go! I wholeheartedly trust Dr. Mikula, and respect her advice! She takes time to understand your problem and identifies potential causes. I am just so thankful that I found her before I had the lipoma surgery! I have no doubt she knows exactly what to do to alleviate my sinus problems. It comforts me to know I'm in good hands. I highly recommend her! I really don't know how long the wait was because I got there really early, but any amount of time is well worth it!

Jan 3rd, 2009

Long waiting time in the office, but worth it for Dr. Mikula's level of expertise.