Dr. Svetlana Kogan MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine New York, NY

3.6

August 4th, 2015
She diagnosed and treated my walking pneumonia
I was having a cough and felt weak. The doctor at work dismissed this as a virus and did not prescribe anything. A friend recommended to see Dr.Kogan for a second opinion. She instantly diagnosed me with walking pneumonia and treated it with appropriate antibiotics. Thank God, I saw her - she is now my PCP.

June 1st, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr.Kogan was very professional and thorough. My appointment was on Saturday and she reached out to me with the results of my tests on Sunday. I am making her my PCP.

May 28th, 2013
best experience I ever had visiting a doctor
First of all the office itself is modern, spacious, tasteful - nothing like other doctor offices I have visited in the city. You feel better just walking in My appointment was right on the dot, i did not wait one extra minute. The doctor is very friendly, very knowledgeable, took her time to listen, did not try to push me through as fast as possible. The very nice surprise was the fact that she is practicing holistic medicine, not just traditional medicine. She took care of my problems. I am very happy with the service. I have recommended Dr. Kogan to all my friends and family and everyone loved her.

May 23rd, 2013
I was very impressed with Dr. Kogan's practice from A to Z. I was looking for an M. D. who likes natural approach to health, and I was very impressed with her expertise in holistic medicine. She treated my blood pressure and high cholesterol without medication, and I am very grateful. I will recommend my friends and family

May 19th, 2013
Finally someone who cared to listen
I have been suffering from fibromyalgia and fatigue for years, and all the doctors I have gone to blew me off as a hypochondriac. But my suffering was real. I am a working mom, not a loonie. Doctor Kogan was recommended by a co-worker. I travelled from Brooklyn to see her in her Manhattan office, and I am glad I did. She was caring and thorough, and treated me with holistic therapies, not drugs. I feel so much better since I have started seeing her as a patient. Thank you Dr.Kogan, for taking the time with me when others did not!

October 7th, 2011
Poor bedside manner...interested in self promotion before serving patients!
Unfortunately Dr. Kogan is interested in milking one's insurance to the maximum while pushing in house products. My new doctor has advised me against doctors who conduct tests outside of their area of expertise just because my insurance will pay for it. She has NEVER shared the results of specialized tests with my Specialist because he was questioning why these tests were conducted by her office in the first place. She never returns calls and instructs her staff to schedule follow ups if you have any questions...always rushing you when you you require clarification. She does not review bloodwork results with you and has someone from the front desk tell you the results. This is not what I expect from a general practitioner. She is also VERY egotistical and spends time showing you the articles or publications she is featured in rather than using the time more productively...like reviewing my test results!

January 29th, 2011
medical practice or sales ? or?
she is part of a growing trend in medical practice pushing their own products and finding an excuse to do all types of tests requiring equipment in their office. great front but a big business wannabe