Dr. Swarna Balasubramaniam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

June 22nd, 2016
Beware of this Doctor!
Believe every negative comment you read! In my 15 plus years working in healthcare I have NEVER seen turnover in a practice like I saw in my time with this one because nurses, office managers, billers and receptionist could not tolerate her poor treatment of patients and employees and her questionable ethics.

May 19th, 2016
horrible horrible person. She is very rude and mean. I was literally treated like a piece of sh***. She is so hateful and I mean how could you have such a miserable personality. You are making good money, have a nice office but don't let it fool you. Believe all the negative comments. Save your money and time. She is very mean and extremely hateful. I think she has dealt wit too many a** and have become one herself.

February 1st, 2016
Worst dr. ever.
I am a former patient. after a surgery by this doctor I was left in horrible pain. After 4 months I had to have another surgery. The second Dr. had to do another surgery and told me "She shredded you inside.". Very crass and rood. I would never send anyone to her.

June 25th, 2015
WORST DOCTOR EVER
I was skeptical going there in the first place. But a family member forced so i went. Initial appointment had to be rescheduled since network was down. No notification of such error was given until we showed up at the office. Second time we went, the conversation was vague, since there was lack of information. Multiple lab test were ordered. Which the staff failed to schedule with the laboratory. That had to be rescheduled. Appointment was delayed since information from requesting doctor was incomplete. Finally, tests were done we show up again for discussion. Staff member called us two hours earlier claiming the doctor has a personal engagement to attend, thus we have to come asap. Since we were dealing with cancer, we went one hour and a half before the scheduled time. After waiting in the waiting room, we were seen at the originally scheduled time. Since we had all the lab reports to receive a diagnosis, conversation was very to the point and doctor said this is the only way and got to operate in one month. As a naive patients son, who is suffering from cancer, I requested to postpone the surgery and informed the doctor that I need a second opinion. At this time her attitude shifted for the worst. She said " you can do whatever you like, its a free country". I smiled thinking that she is joking. Immediately she rang the bell and the assistant show up and she asked us "out you go". If that is not enough, while i was helping my 71 year old father up from the patient chair, she repeated the statement "out you go" 3 more times. For a doctor, that was unprofessional. I would not recommend her to anyone. Worst doctor experience ever. Rude, unprofessional, lacks organization in scheduling. I felt stupid for spending money and time to go to her. Take my advice and save your time and money. Hope this helps.

May 15th, 2015
Dr Bala is a great matter of fact , do as I say doctor . If you can handle a personality like that you will have a great visit. Her office is very accommodating and I have always been fit in with no problems. Her nurse is great , a bonus.

September 12th, 2014
I have been to this Dr.'s office many times and always had great service. I especially like Dr. Bala she helped me many times !

May 28th, 2014
Hateful Doctor
Believe the negative comments, I used to work for her and I"m still shaking off this work experince. I don't understand what causes a person to be so hateful and hollow inside. She is an excellent doctor when it comes to the mechanics of her profession. But as far as a human being, I am still astounded someone can be so negative, so hateful to the clientele that is her business. I hope she finds something or someone to fill her dark heart with love and kindness instead of anger,resentment and bitterness.

January 13th, 2014
poor execution of care and interpersonal skills
You can see that this doctor keeps disregarding negative comments if they don't specify "patient care." Does she think that if she provides adequate enough care she can be a horrible person to people? Clearly she didn't learn any interpersonal skills in medical school because the emphasize on patient comfort is just as important as patient care. I know first hand people who have told me they have slapped on a smile for her but behind her back said they wouldn't return to see her. I also have experienced first hand hearing her yell at an elderly patient who she labeled noncompliant. There are other GREAT colorectal surgeons out there, find one who will respect you as an employee and patient alike.

October 23rd, 2013
former patient
Ok doctor, but one of the meanest and hateful people I've ever met. Staff is different every time I went there and I could hear her belittle them and make them cry. Sad.

August 21st, 2013
Pleasant, Friendly
Courteous Staff. I was worked in with little notice from my PCP. My experience was very pleasant. Confused by past reviews.

September 14th, 2012
office saw me right away
Dr. Bala worked me in late on a Friday afternoon after being referred from my family doctor.

May 11th, 2012
Coming from an ex employee
BELIEVE all the negative comments!!! They are true!! Dr. B is very rude and has lost employees because of her attitude. She would actually put employees down. She would talk about weight, appearance etc!! Funny, coming from a vegetarian over weight doctor that she is. So glad I was able to get out of that office and moved on to bigger and better things. AGAIN, every negative rate is correct!!!! Sad when pt's could hear whats going on!!!!