Dermatologist (skin)

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Awful experience show details Awful experience
Oct 19th, 2015

This doctor is the most unprofessional and discourteous person I have ever met.

Horrible doctor show details Horrible doctor
by Mary B on Aug 12th, 2015

Dr Sivanesan is a sad excuse for a dr. She is booked so far out with non flexible work day hours that it's hard to even get an appointment with her. Usually you see one of two of her physician assistants, who are both kind, thorough, and knowledgable. However, they work for the practice that dr Sivanesan owns and it is disaster. They threatened to send me to collections for an unpaid bill, meanwhile the person at the front desk never bothered make sure my insurance info was correct and that's why the claim was getting denied. The staff is friendly and polite but with the exception of a few, the faces are constantly changing and it seems uncomfortable when you ask them where so and so employee is. That is a sure sign of bad business and poor treatment of employees. I go there 2 or 3 times a week for special therapy I have done and on my last visit my appointment that was scheduled with dr Sivanesan, a male training INTERN!!!! Working for the dr came in and said he was going to the procedure. While he was very nice and did a good job, she did not greet me in the exam room first to ask if this was ok, let alone tell me this would be happening. And then when I walked past her on my way out she ignored me and talked to a staff member. Rude, egotistical, unprofessional doctor. Her office has seen me for the last time

by Kristen on Jul 19th, 2015

Love her!

admiring patient show details admiring patient
Oct 28th, 2013

I recently called the office and was very disappointed to hear that Dr. Sivanesan has left the practice. I am not surprised as there have been numerous issues with this practice including major billing problems and no one to help resolve issues. Good news is that she moved close by to West Long Branch. I greatly recommend Dr. Sivanesan to all. She has great bedside manner and was able to finally accurately diagnose my son who was seen by five doctors previously and also the physician assistant David in the practice. No one was able to diagnose his scabies until our visit with Dr. Sivanesan. We had to wait two weeks to see her since her availability is limited, but the wait was worth it!

UNPROFESSIONAL show details UNPROFESSIONAL
by Anonymous on Oct 4th, 2013

I recently went to Dr. Sivanesan for a skin exam. I waited in the waiting room for over an hour. When I finally got to the room, I figured I would be seen soon after, but I was very wrong. I waited for 45 mins in the exam room. I wouldnt mind waiting if she was actually working but I heard her talking and laughing outside the door. To make make matters worse I heard her discussing patients! When I finally did see her she rushed through the appointment and made me feel very uncomfortable! NEVER AGAIN!

A dermo for the entire family - From Acne to Melanoma! show details A dermo for the entire family - From Acne to Melanoma!
Jan 28th, 2013

My kids, my wife, and I all see Dr. Sivanesan. Because I've had so much interaction with her, I have comments in a few categories: She's very personable. She explains her proposed treatments, including why and what to expect. She's done a great job getting my kids skin to clear up. On me she diagnosed and removed a melanoma. She called me personally when the biopsy came back positive, and gave me plenty of time to ask questions. She also offered that I could call her with any additional questions. Melanoma can be nasty stuff, and I could tell that she wanted to give me all the facts, without freaking me out. (My melanoma was very shallow, with a low probability of it spreading -- but that's not what I would have taken away if I just got my info from Google.) My surgery was 8 months ago, and the scar has healed up very nicely. There was one time when I had a long wait in the office. The receptionist came out and apologized, explained that the Dr. was running late, and offered to reschedule anyone who could come back later in the day. A few folks took the offer, but I didn't. When I went in for my exam, the assistant and the Dr. apologized for the inconvenience. That's the *only* time that I've every gotten an apology from a Dr. for making me wait.. And I thought that the office handled it well: They were behind schedule and did something about it (by offering to reschedule) rather than just have everyone sit there and wait.

Jan 17th, 2013

Dr. Sivanesan was very thorough and knowledgeable. She was able to explain the diagnosis in an understandable fashion. She spent time to answer all of my questions.

Fantastic dermatologist show details Fantastic dermatologist
by Anonymous on Sep 17th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

As a professional healthcare provider, I highly recommend Dr. Sivanesan. She is competent, efficient, extremely knowledgable and provides high quality ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Jul 15th, 2012

I recently went for a first appt with this physician. The wait was longer than I would want in a crowded space with all seats taken by patients. Patients also began to wait in the hall as there was no longer space in the waiting area. Either the doctor was running late or the patients are booked poorly. I am not sure I would return for a serious skin issue. The appt was less that 3 mins and I asked if she was leaving as her had was on the doorknob about 1.5 min into the appt. As nice and as friendly as she was she did not treat anything. She did not even spray the wart diagnosed and ran out the door not to return. The appt was such a rush, I did realize I had not even really gotten treatment. She sent back a different staff person with info we had discussed. She wished me a great day in the hall on my way out. I would not say this was a thorough appt by any means. She was nice though.