Dr. Swarna Sivanesan, MD
Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  admiring patient  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2013

I recently called the office and was very disappointed to hear that Dr. Sivanesan has left the practice. I am not surprised as there have been numerous issues with this practice including major billing problems and no one to help resolve issues. Good news is that she moved close by to West Long Branch. I greatly recommend Dr. Sivanesan to all. She has great bedside manner and was able to finally accurately diagnose my son who was seen by five doctors previously and also the physician assistant David in the practice. No one was able to diagnose his scabies until our visit with Dr. Sivanesan. We had to wait two weeks to see her since her availability is limited, but the wait was worth it!

|  UNPROFESSIONAL  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 4th, 2013

I recently went to Dr. Sivanesan for a skin exam. I waited in the waiting room for over an hour. When I finally got to the room, I figured I would be seen soon after, but I was very wrong. I waited for 45 mins in the exam room. I wouldnt mind waiting if she was actually working but I heard her talking and laughing outside the door. To make make matters worse I heard her discussing patients! When I finally did see her she rushed through the appointment and made me feel very uncomfortable! NEVER AGAIN!

|  NEVER AGAIN  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

Family Dermatology is a complete rip-off. They repeatedly tried to bill me for the exact amounts that my insurance had paid them. I made at least 20 phone calls to their billing department. Each time, their message stated their voice mailbox was full. I even contacted them via fax & received no response. This went on for 8 months. I contacted the office in Freehold (for the second time), threatened them with a law suit, & FINALLY got some results (meaning someone from their billing dept actually called me back). Apparently, my issue has now been resolved. I have zero confidence that is has. We'll see. Stay away from this place. There's nothing worse than a dishonest, double-dipping provider!

|  A dermo for the entire family - From Acne to Melanoma!  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2013

My kids, my wife, and I all see Dr. Sivanesan. Because I've had so much interaction with her, I have comments in a few categories: She's very personable. She explains her proposed treatments, including why and what to expect. She's done a great job getting my kids skin to clear up. On me she diagnosed and removed a melanoma. She called me personally when the biopsy came back positive, and gave me plenty of time to ask questions. She also offered that I could call her with any additional questions. Melanoma can be nasty stuff, and I could tell that she wanted to give me all the facts, without freaking me out. (My melanoma was very shallow, with a low probability of it spreading -- but that's not what I would have taken away if I just got my info from Google.) My surgery was 8 months ago, and the scar has healed up very nicely. There was one time when I had a long wait in the office. The receptionist came out and apologized, explained that the Dr. was running late, and offered to reschedule anyone who could come back later in the day. A few folks took the offer, but I didn't. When I went in for my exam, the assistant and the Dr. apologized for the inconvenience. That's the *only* time that I've every gotten an apology from a Dr. for making me wait.. And I thought that the office handled it well: They were behind schedule and did something about it (by offering to reschedule) rather than just have everyone sit there and wait.

Jan 17th, 2013

She is great. Thorough and smart. She was able to treat my condition with accuracy. Office is clean and new.

Jan 17th, 2013

Dr. Sivanesan was very thorough and knowledgeable. She was able to explain the diagnosis in an understandable fashion. She spent time to answer all of my questions.

Jul 15th, 2012

I recently went for a first appt with this physician. The wait was longer than I would want in a crowded space with all seats taken by patients. Patients also began to wait in the hall as there was no longer space in the waiting area. Either the doctor was running late or the patients are booked poorly. I am not sure I would return for a serious skin issue. The appt was less that 3 mins and I asked if she was leaving as her had was on the doorknob about 1.5 min into the appt. As nice and as friendly as she was she did not treat anything. She did not even spray the wart diagnosed and ran out the door not to return. The appt was such a rush, I did realize I had not even really gotten treatment. She sent back a different staff person with info we had discussed. She wished me a great day in the hall on my way out. I would not say this was a thorough appt by any means. She was nice though.