Dr. Swarna Varma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

June 30th, 2016
Young girl at desk very rude and immature. Answers the phone with hello. Not very professional. And lots of attitude. Should not be there

June 3rd, 2016
The wait time is ridiculous. Dr Varma is thorough but the waiting time is 100 times longer than the time spent with me as a patient. It is hard to appreciate her when you're blood pressure goes up and you are angry about the wait. And she is not very nice about it.

May 13th, 2016
Very dissatisfied
Should have known wait was going to be long when nurse gave us 4 page article on doctor/patient relationships to read while waiting for doc! Waited 2+ hours...doc spent 12 mins...did not listen...just ordered tests...said it was vitamins causing hyperthyroid...but there's no iodine in my vitamins!

May 4th, 2016
HORRIBLE EXPERENCE
I have DI (Diabetes Insipidus) which is not diabetes. It is a rare condition involving my pituitary glade caused from an auto accident 23 yrs ago. My previous doctor has had me on a nasal spray for the past 23 yrs which regulates my water level since my body no longer do this on its on. At my first visit Dr Varma had me walking out of her office with a ref to see a heart dr no heart condition, a rheumatologist for whatever reason and an ENT ?? She switched by medication for DI to a pill form trying to get me on a correct dose. Had (1) blood test which she called normal when in fact it couldnt of been further from the truth. I have had this disease for 24 yrs. If i dont take the correct amt of this artificial hormone I will dehydrate much sooner than a normal person would & it is life threatening. Long story short she tried to tell me the initial amt she prescribed was correct when it was not by any means. When i dont have the correct dosage I have to urinate every 10 minutes - full bladder and become so thirsty for fluid i would guzzle hot coffee or anything else I could get my hands on. She refused to adjust/increase the dosage ??? You tell me how normal is having to go to the restroom every 10 minutes full bladder. I will never return to this doctor. She obviously does' not understand the seriousness of DI which is very frightening. Be careful.

April 21st, 2016
She listens to your needs and is very thorough in reviewing your medical needs before and after treatment.

March 17th, 2016
thyroid problem
I had an appt. last fall, I was sent there by my PCP, to find out what was wrong, I had to wait 2 hours, then she came in, she has no bedside manners, always her way, she checked my lungs in1 second, she never listened to my lungs, then she left room for 5-10 minutes and came back, checked the medical list I had of my tests and prescriptions I was on. she took me off my Omega3 Fish Oil, ( I was on this for over 30 years) said something about my thyroid, ordered another script, and when I found out the cost ($80) I cancelled, I called her 3 weeks ago to actually find out why she took me off and never heard from her. I am now back on my Omega 3 Fish Oil, as it helps the tendonitis in hands and arms. One thing I am grateful for is she sent me to Dr. Yip at Falk building in Pittsburgh, and I had a biopsy earlier at Presby. hospital before I saw her on my thyroid, she had the results of biopsy and she scheduled surgery, at Montifore hospital and removed the thyroid, I had 5 nodules and a tiny spot which turned out to be cancer, when I had my follow up they asked if I wanted to go back to her and I said no, my PCP will handle any future treatments/scripts after my thyroid surgery when she releases me. I have told others she is a quack, and many nurses and doctors agree with me. I will never recommend her to anyone, and I tell them to check her out on the internet, so many negative things about her. My nephew went to her because he is a diabetic, and she wanted to put him on thyroid meds, and he said he has no problems with thyroid, as he is a diabetic, and he asked her why she wanted him on this med, and she said "Because I said so" I told him to find another doctor that treats someone that is diabetic. I saw a friend in the office while I was there, he had his mother and he was so unhappy with the waiting time, he was there 3 hours. I am surprised she is still practicing and never been sued.

February 2nd, 2016
Expected a long wait time....ended up being there two hours...to the point I thought there was a mix up with the chart. When I ask, I was told she was finishing with previous patient and I can go back in and wait. Been going there for about 4 years, this was the last straw and finding another Dr. No apology, didn't even spend 10 minutes in the room. Didn't shut the door when she left...leaving me with my pants unzipped to try and get myself together with an open door. Done and done!

January 5th, 2016
3 hour wait
Had a first time appointment in the uniontown office tonight and waiting an hour. Others in waiting room said its a 3 hour wait..and there were only 4 patients. I ask how much longer and they said well over another hour. The nurse that checked my weight and vitals didn't even know what lancet was and its a common insulin. Got my co pay back and left without seeing the doctor. Never again!

November 8th, 2015
very different, gruff
Her manner is gruff and abrupt. She throws papers from the chart on the floor as she goes through them as if the floor is her filing cabinet. Tells you how wonderful she is as a physician. She did get the blood sugar in check with changes of doses of insulin. Thankful for these reviews. Expect to wait for hours, comes late without notice to the office and thinks you should wait for her.

October 17th, 2015
Not recommended
Not a great experience. Always had trouble scheduling appointments which were again rescheduled as doctor goes ooo. Visits always had waiting time of more than an hour even if you had an appointment. No courtesy to call back with report results even after follow up.

September 22nd, 2015
Appointment time was at 5:30, the DR didn't come in the room until 7:30, with no apology or explanation as to why the wait was so long. In the middle of the appointment the staff came in because they wanted the DR's chart, therefore the appointment as over. The over all experience was very unsatisfactory. It is not acceptable to allow a patient to WAIT 2 HOURS.

June 26th, 2015
why is it that the folks in Uniontown have appointments at 100:00 and the doctor arrives to the office at 12:30 ? When is this acceptable ? My appointment was at 11:30 and she walks in at 23:35