Anesthesiologists, Nephrologist (kidney)

45 NE Loop 410
Ste 900
San Antonio, TX 78216
210-375-7730
Locations and availability (1)

|  A very sophisticated, caring and effective physician  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

As a fellow physician, cardiology, with over 3 decades of experience. I first met Dr. Nancherla as part of a team of physicians performing open heart surgery (at my request) in an effort to help an elderly lady I knew well and had been working (for well over a year) get back improved health despite the multiple complex physical debilities she had developed before I had met the elderly patient.Doing anesthesia and major surgery on elderly people with many physical problems guarantees high risks of further complications and death.I was present throughout the open heart surgery (indeed in Dr. Nancherla's tiny work-space, I her way, much of the time) and was impressed with the quite sophistication she displayed in juggling many complex issues along with her really caring about the patients best interests (this showed in many ways, including attitude). I have participated in many different surgeries over the years and do some myself; I have developed a little savvy about people and physicians behind the scenes.The elderly patient did very well throughout and after her open heart surgery for LV aneurysm closure. Indeed she volunteered feeling "strangely" (a lot) better (despite the her chest pain from sternotomy) by day 3. The patient has continued to rapidly improve; despite her age, previous severe health problems and the complexity of her surgery and anesthesia.I have since sought out Dr. Nancherla's name and contact information. I may want and need her assistance in the future.