Dr. Swati Ellendula MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Frisco, TX

March 7th, 2017
From someone who needed to be heard!
I came to Dr Ellendula desperate. she heard me, understood what was going on and immediately got me on a path that has changed my life!! Thank you so much to Dr Ellendula for getting me back on the right track in life!

December 30th, 2016
Refused to see patient over (1) missed appointment
I would have thought a Dr. in this field would be more understanding of their patients. She has refused to see my husband because he missed 1 appointment and didn't try to reschedule for several months. (not years - maybe 5 or 6 months) This is after she completely changed his medications. She prescribed him a new medication and had him wean off the one he was taking previously. Now he's got to start all over again with whatever new psychiatrist he is able to find. I know it sounds like there is more to the situation than this but there really isn't. If you don't keep your appointment, she will refuse to see you. I don't understand how a psychiatrist who has a duty and oath to try and help those with mental illness can be so cold and calloused to a patient who is truly suffering. The last thing someone with anxiety, depression, and agoraphobia needs is to be told their Dr refuses to see them because of essentially - issues with those disorders. Shame on you Dr. Ellendula!

May 4th, 2016
She changed my life
Best Doctor I've ever seen! I've struggled with PTSD and anxiety for years. No other Dr has cared enough to keep me stable. Dr Ellendula has helped me to feel normal again, something I thought I would never be able to be.

April 14th, 2016
Excellent
Dr Ellendula is awesome and has helped me tremendously. I would definitely recommend her. Scheduling with her is mostly easy.

March 2nd, 2016
She changed my life!
In 20 years, I have never had a psychiatrist that can compare to Dr. Ellendula. Her professionalism, knowledge, and care has really changed my life. Her and her staff truly care about their patients and, in this field, that is priceless.

February 18th, 2016
Dr. Swati Ellendula
Dr. Ellendula is a wonderful health care provider and really listens to her patients. She cares about their well being and really makes an effort to address any concerns you have as a patient. I have been seeing her for several years now and will follow her wherever she goes because I know she cares about me as a patient. I would recommend her to anyone seeking a caring psychiatrist that works with you and truly cares about your well being. SHE IS THE BEST!!!

December 2nd, 2015
My most treasured Doctor
I've been seeing Dr Ellendula for many years. She is caring, takes genuine concern in her patients and is always in such a sweet mood. She always knows how to lift your mood and comfort you when you need it. She will celebrate your successes, and offer tools/ resources when you are needing more help. She is very well educated and she knows what she's talking about. She listens to patients concerns with medications and also offers advice on alternatives to supplement medications (essential oils, counseling, excersize, etc.). She takes the time to know her patients and she genuinely has the patients best interest in mind. Anyone that is looking for a psychiatrist should take a visit to meet her; she really is my most treasured and trusted physician.

November 5th, 2015
Intelligent Treatment
Look, psychiatry is a tricky subject and practice to say the least. As a long suffering alcoholic with bipolar disease my treatment has been treated by multiple doctors. Mental illness is not the type of thing that is "cured" such as an infection or broken bone. It takes a particular type of person to choose this path upon completion of medical school. As a complete amateur I believe that person must have great empathy for their patients yet able to make sound decisions based on a lot of experience. I personally believe females in general are simply more empathetic than males. I am a male and just believe this. So I have always chosen female psychiatrists. I saw several before I saw Dr. Ellendulla. All were good at their jobs. All helped me in a very long journey that I am still on. She has, however, been the best at the practice of understanding my suffering and reacting to it in a decisive manner all while letting me absolutely choose certain aspects of my treatment. She is thorough, concerned, thoughtful and very experienced with a variety of counseling and medication management programs. I thank her for her help in my life. I am personally so much better off for having met her.

November 4th, 2015
Don't look anywhere else....
I have seen Dr. Ellendula 3 times now and I must say I HAVE FOUND MY PSYCHIATRIST!!!! I don't need to look for another doctor anymore!!! Dr. Ellendula diagnosed me correctly and adjusted my meds in 2-3 sessions and now I FEEL MYSELF....

May 16th, 2015
The absolute BEST Psychiatrist!!!
I have been seeing Dr. Ellendula for about six months. Her best characteristic is that she really listens. She even asks me my opinion regarding her recommendation s in my care. That is unheard of! During our first visit she said she thought I was suffering from an undiagnosed mood disorder. It ends up that I had been misdiagnosed for 24 YEARS! For the first time in my life, I am taking the CORRECT combination of medications for the CORRECT disorders! I am gradually improving and am looking forward to living with "the new me." Thank you Dr. Ellendula for helping me find and live my " real life!"

April 23rd, 2015
Dr Ellendula helped me so much and the staff is always wonderful. Thank you!

February 15th, 2015
Amezing Doctor
After seeing Dr. Ellendula for almost six months I can honestly say this has been the best experience I have had with a psychiatrist. I always leave her office having laughed and feeling in a better mood than when I walked in the door. The Doctor is a drop of golden sun in a sometimes monochrome grey world. I always leave feeling that I have been heard and respected. SO RARE in this field, it seems, unfortunately. At every appointment I am reminded of useful exercises aimed at mastering my own emotions. I find them very practical and effective. Dr. Ellendula is always on time, sometimes when I show up early I am seen early! It amazes me because there are always patients being seen and yet She manages to make time for everyone. Scheduling with her is a breeze, even in a pinch. Super impressed! I have found my psychiatrist and have no plans of going anywhere else. Such a relief after the often unpleasant and sometimes horrifying experiences I have had with therapists and psychiatrists in the last five years.