Dr. Swati Saraiya MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

October 3rd, 2015
Straight forward and honest
Dr. Saraiya is a really efficient doctor. She is honest and straightforward and doesn't beat around the bush. She tells you what your options are and what her recommendations are for you. She is very knowledgeable and competent and tells you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. If you want to be coddled and emotionally pampered see another doctor, because she's going to tell you your situation as it is without wasting her time or yours. Personally, I highly recommend her.

November 10th, 2014
She is the best and most experienced gynac one can ever go to.
I had heard about Dr. Sairaya and people told me she is very rude and does not listen to you..But I beg to differ..she has been so understanding and very courteous, she is going to be my go to doctor for all my future visits. and please understand I am no relative or friend of hers..just another patient, who was hesitant to go her after the reviews..but please dont go by all negetive reviews..try her for yourself and you will know..she knows what she is doing!

January 11th, 2014
Worst Pregnancy Loss Experience
The doctor, Dr. Saraiya I saw one more than one visit because I give people a chance, and yes, I am one of those people who question myself, like is it me. But no it was not me, she made my fiance at the time very very uncomfortable too. I ended up losing the pregnancy I was there for. She is not so good at telling news. She sent me home to saying I would have a tragic ending to the pregnancy with no advice, I came back because nothing had happen and she just kept saying the pregnancy wasn't going to happen, she couldn't figure out my due date because I have irregular periods so she was certain that I wasn't pregnant even though all the test should something. And I wasn't bleeding. Sorry not trying to be graphic. On my last visit she raised her voice to me and said this pregnancy will end, and it will end in miscarriage. But she had already said I wasn't pregnant, every day she would change her mind about what was going on and put me through the ringer, I spent my nights crying my eyes out with no physician support. And the exams were painful and I can take pain I have endometriosis so I understand pain gyn exams this was above and beyond that. I saw there are two favorable reviews on here the rest from women saying how upset they are and a gentleman was kind of enough to post his experience with her. Do not take these bad reviews lightly, sometimes when there are red flags they are there for a reason. Please take yourself and your daughters or your wife to another physician/ob/gyn. And she definitely doesn't understand special stuff like endometriosis. And pain. I have never written a medical review in my life and I have been sick with chronic illnesses since I was much younger so this says something, and I am just now complaining for no reason no I have reason. I ended up leaving and going to a different ob to get help with the pregnancy that sadly I did lose.

January 9th, 2014
Shocked
I am absolutely shocked by these reviews. I have been with Dr. Saraiya since my second pregnancy 7 years ago and I adore her. She always takes time for me. The only time she has ever "scolded" me was when I waited for our appointment instead of calling her when I had a minor issue (which truly was minor, her concern was that I could have saved myself some worry because she could have put me at ease over the phone). After being in L&D all night with a different on call doctor, I was so happy to see her walk in. And 4 hours later when I was still not much further, she walked in, looked at my face, knew I was upset and gave me such a nice pep talk. I feel she is one of the few doctors that actually listens to me and doesn't rush me.

January 1st, 2014
none
She is not good at all. I'm a very fair person and always give people the benefit of the doubt before casting judgement, but she seems to be very insensitive. I can take it, but when I sent my 21 year old virgin daughter to her for her 1st OBGYN preventive appointment, she said it was horrible. She didn't even commend her for waiting for marriage to have sex. My daughter said she hardly talked at all, gave her no advice about anything, nor was she gentle. I glad we moved further away from her office so it gives me great pleasure to leave her practice. I will never refer her to anybody.

May 31st, 2013
Love her
I'm really surprised by some of these reviews. I had my first appointment with her by chance because she was available the day I had complications. I hope she's the last ob I ever see. She has always listened, offered good advice, and treated me kind. I am pregnant with an anxiety disorder and she has been very delicate in handling my needs emotionally as well. While I agree she can be no nonsense, I truly think she's wonderful so far.

November 1st, 2012
First time horrible experience
I was going for first time to any GYN here in US, so I was nervous, but she instead of making me feel warm, she literally started scolding me, that why didnt I ever go to GYN, and she also was very rude, did not hear a word of what I had to say, just kept on saying her own things, proving that I am a dumb person, not knowing anything about my own health. She was rude and arrogant, I was about to burst in tears.And then during the exam, normal courtesy goes to explain what she will be doing, and how it may hurt, she just did her test without telling me anything, and now it pains for me, even after two full days. I would have appreciated some extra information on how to deal with such pain and all, but she just stormed out after the test. I did not think my first GYN experience in US would be so bad, now I am afraid to even see other doctors.

August 2nd, 2012
This lady is awful, stay away from her
I had an appointment with this doctor and she was very mean spirited and didnt even let me explain my symptoms...I am very angry with the service and will never go back again..the hospital staff was friendly though this doctor is awful, stay away from her..

May 18th, 2012
Think she's a good doctor
I prefer doctors, especially OBs, who are straight forward and don't beat around the bush. I'm 8 months pregnant and I saw another doctor at Dr. Saraiya's practice and told her that I wanted a C-section and she just said okay. When I told Dr. Saraiya, she was the first doctor to ask why and question why I wanted this. She let me know that this was ultimately my decision but I think she's a very warm doctor and kind. I actually became sad when I found out that she wouldn't be on call to deliver my baby. I think she's a great doctor and the best doctor I have seen at her practice.

August 18th, 2011
doesn't even offer her arm
She told me that she hasn't had to do this but she could. She has the right to get a court order and force mom to have a c-section. Yup, she said that to me. after she checks the heartbeat and fundus height she lets you lay there and doesn't even offer her hand. don't be decieved by her innocent apperance she is mean and cold like marble. she's never on time for appts and I have heard 3 other bad experiences from 3 other women.

June 29th, 2011
Poor Service and Very Arrogant
My wife and I had this doctor during my wife's labor. Dr. Saraiya ruined our experience. She was very rude and arrogant. We got very poor service from her. She was the doctor who was suppose to deliver our baby but instead the nurse Ms. Grace delivered the baby. All doctor did was stand there and fight with me. When the baby came out - the baby was completely blue. My wife had major tare and when I said that - she responded that it was very natural and there was nothing that she could do. 10 minutes after baby's arrival - Dr. Stromed in the room and started fighting with me again. I just remained quite becase my wife was not feeling too good and the baby was doing okay.I promissed myself that I will make everyone aware of this really bad experience.My wife and I are still surprised that doctors in US can behave like that.

May 11th, 2011
I wish I had seen the earlier comment before getting an appointment with this doctor. Agree with the previous poster 100%