Dr. Swetang Patel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 3rd, 2016
Very compassionate and patient
I have been a patient of Dr PTels for eight years. I have found him to be one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever had. He takes all the time you need and most importantly, he listens to you. His staff is curteous and helpful. His PA Stephanie is also wonderful. I am so glad I found this Dr.

January 28th, 2016
Stay AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
He is not a bad doctor. A little uncaring at time. His office staff are the rudest group of women I have had the misfortune to meet. I have insurance and will continue to live sick for weeks because I have to mentally prepare to be around them. The atmosphere is horrible and they treat patients as if they are an inconvenience. I'm switching primary care physicians ASAP. Do not go there, you will become frustrated. Please note that the stars provided in this review are a result of the inability to give 0 stars.

April 15th, 2015
It is very easy to schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel's office. I called this morning and had an appointment before the afternoon.

December 9th, 2014
He is not a bad doctor. He does get side tracked easy. I have been going to him for about 3 years now. What gives this man s bad name is his office staff. They never call in prescriptions like they are suppose to or call you back. They never send in referrals either. He doesn't seem to care. My advice is find a more caring place to go to.

March 3rd, 2014
Dr Patel
Have been a patient for over 5 years, and have referred at least 6 friends that now are his patients and wouldn't go anywhere else! He has helped me through my neck problems and quickly got me the right X-rays and referred me to the best surgeon in NC. It is very easy to get an appointment, and there is no wait time! It is a well run office!

September 17th, 2012
prescibes non existant medications
This is the 4th time I have been on a wild goose chase looking for prescriptions he has written for myself and for my family. I even gave him a list of all the medications that my preferred pharmacy carries... how easy could I make it for him? So now I am looking for something for an infection in my nose. I call him as the pharmacy doesn't carry this and he says no you need to go look for it somewhere else because that is what I want you to use... so as I travel all over town looking for this medicine I am also still highly contagious!!! Sorry Jacksonville but it's what he told me to do spread the love... at 450pm I call to say look no one carries this in town I have been everywhere...well I cant because they turned their phones to answering machines.... hello you close at 5pm ... if you get assigned this Dr as a retired tricare prime seek another Dr. Or be prepared to run all over creation to get much needed medication!

August 9th, 2012
Dr Patel and Staff
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Patel and his staff. Quick to help, direct to the point and treat you like family. They seem to really care about you as a person. If i need to see a doctor, I would like all doctor's offices to be ran like Dr. Patel. And for that I thank the entire Team.

February 9th, 2011
Shouldnt even be called a doctors office!
my experience there was horrible! it took them almost an hour to see me, patel refused to give me a refill on the medicine that i had been on for a while and needed! he belittled me, and made me feel like i was just there to waste his time! i refuse to see him now because as a patient, i have rights and ignored several of them! he is a sad excuse for a doctor!!

February 8th, 2011
Hears But Doesn't Listen
*Doesn't schedule lab tests/specialist referral in relation to a patient's symptoms.*Condescending towards patient when he feels your symptoms aren't logical to him.*Doesn't schedule follow-up appointments majority of the time eventhough a diagnosis haven't been found.*Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

September 20th, 2010
Very Insulting
I had my first appointment with this doctor. I've been seeing specialist and have a lot of health problems. He didn't seem to be listening At one point informed me he dose not give pain medication unless it's serious, as if to warn me if that what I was looking for. (I am not of course)!! He felt no need to give me referrals to specialist that I have been seeing for months before we moved. Changing Doctor today! Stay away from this one!

August 2nd, 2010
Thorough and accurate. If that's what you're looking for in a doctor, then this is the one for you. Courteous, professional and friendly describes his staff - all of them. I've never had a bad experience.

May 20th, 2010
Uncaring Doctor!!!!!
This man is not a caring person, doesnt care about the issues a person has or the medical health. I tried explaining my situation and kept repeating his opinion. I have never bee treated so badly in all my life. Please investigate this man ASAP