Dr. Syam Kunam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

April 7th, 2016
nice disposition ,he listens and tries to resolve problems

February 22nd, 2016
dangerous and negligent
Misdiagnosis patients within 2 seconds of a visit does not listen does not spend enough time with patients.perscribes dangerous medications to patients without propper diagnosis does not consider patients overall health while prescribing drugs that cause extremely dangerous side effects or drug interactions.

October 24th, 2015
I wrote a review previously that's already posted here, but I also wanted to mention- my son was prescribed or is on Adderall XR. His non-custodial father walks into the office and ask for a script for the Adderall, also note the child isn't with him. The doctor did it. The doctor's office the doctor is working out of is like a drug mill, he's supplying non-patients drugs. Controlled substance. (I did report this). I needed a script for my son same medication, this guy didn't tell me that the dad already got one, I submitted it to the pharmacy, and it didn't go through that's how I found out about it. I was steaming mad. Dad doesn't need one, the child doesn't live with him. Smh.

October 17th, 2015
I got horribly I'll from a medication he gave me. I won't go back.

April 14th, 2015
Nope.
Out of convenience, I decided to see a psychiatrist at the same location my therapist worked at. He was only available on Mondays. Like a good portion of the general population, I work Mondays, & could only see him in the evening. Almost every time I had an appointment to see him, I would get a call from the office several hours before my appointment informing me that he would be leaving early. They would ask if I could come in earlier, which I never could because I had to work. When I did see him, he never remembered me nor did he seem to care about how I was doing. Don't waste your time or money,

May 13th, 2014
Dangerous Psychiatrist
Dr. Kunam at this location is a dangerous psychiatrist. I have 3 experiences with him as well as 2 other mental health professionals who have specifically warned me against going to him. The first experience was I went to Inland Psych based on referral from my primary health dr./insurance. When I went I told him that I was feeling slightly depressed. Within 15 minutes and with none of the standard psychiatric tests being administered (MMPI, Myers Briggs, etc.) Dr. Kunam prescribed the following medications: Lithium (for bi-polar disorder), Klonopin (anti-psychotic), Wellbutrin (anti-depressant). I felt like a zombie for about 6 months until I decided to get a second opinion who stated that, at worst, I was mildly depressed and prescribed me a small dose of paxil on a temporary basis. The second experience is that he basically did the same thing but with my wife, who did not know that this was the same doctor I had seen. The third experience was that we had been having some concerns about our 6 year old son's behavior, seeming a bit detached from his peers, so wife called health insurance, they once again referred her to Dr. Kunam and she had forgot that he was same doctor. Again, WITHIN 15 MINUTES Dr. Kunam had diagnosed my son as possibly 3 things: tourette's, autistic, and aspergers (form of autism). At this point, instead of stating that further testing would be in order (ya' know, since he had just diagnosed my son w/ 3 different things in 15 minutes after asking my wife a handful of questions) he prescribed him an anti-anxiety medication and an anti-psychotic medication. My son is just a bit detached from his peers but learns at an accelerated level and has a good amount of friends. Not to mention, none of the non-medicinal methods of improving a child's symptoms WERE EVER MENTIONED BY HIM and non-medicinal methods are regularly used for each of these disorders. Finally, I have been in contact with 2 mental health professionals in regards to marital counseling who have both, when they heard that we had seen Kunam, stated that he is a "dangerous doctor" and that we should contact our insurance about finding other psychiatrists. Take from this what you will but it is my impression that Kunam is simply an over-compensated drug dealer who is being rather cavalier with the mental well-being of those who contact him for assistance, including children

September 28th, 2013
Best Dr. EVER
I have being in treatment with this Doctor for many years. This past summer, I had a break down, This Doctor was able to fit in to his schedule with 1 phone call, saw me after hours, and during urgent care hours on a Sunday. He and his staff helped me deal with the nightmare of paper and anaylisis/RNs from STD disability from via my work. This Doctor, know my name, asks me questions about how I am doing, heck he even asks me about how I am doing on the job and how my family is doing. The front staff is totally busy, but they still are able to help with appointment's and know who I am when I call. if you want a knowledgeable Doctor who can provide excellent treatment, Dr. Kunam is for you. You want a warm and fuzzy? Go see a Pediatrician.

August 20th, 2013
Never Going Back
I saw this Doctor 3 times, each visit was horrible. The 1st visit, I blamed his rudeness on the office being too busy, the 2nd visit the same thing, the 3rd visit I was the only patient waiting and he was still rude. My meds needed authorization which he totally screwed up. I told him of the mix up and he said its takes too long on hold,he told me to call. The greeting clearly states Doctors only. No one should have to put up with this mans rudeness.To make matters worse the office staff does not return important phone calls,,,the whole experience was a nightmare,

November 26th, 2012
Doesn't do his job
My son has severe depression and after attempting suicide started seeing this doctor for treatment. He (I've been in a few of his appointments) doesn't ask my son questions and doesn't talk to him...my son barely talks and has a hard time explaining how he feels (he doesn't understand why he is so sad and depressed and anxious) He has had him on 8 different meds now and this last round has been the worst!!! I don't know what else to do...we live in a small town and don't have a big choice in doctors with our med insurance here..plus his father and I work 5 days per week! I feel this is malpractice and I don't know what else to do...this doctor should be more concerned and talking to him more.

April 18th, 2012
Great Dr. Excellant listener
Dr Kuman has been a wonderfull Dr. he has helped me through so much

October 2nd, 2011
worse pychiatrist
He is one of the worse Dr.s I have ever had in my life. He put me on 3 different medication within couple of weeks which none of them were the right o

September 15th, 2011
He can take one look at you and diagnose your condition and have your prescription written up before you can even sit down. The best part is if you don't like what he gave you, you can come back the next week, spend another exorbitant amount of money to see him for three more minutes and get totally different pills. He'll try everything on you and keep you coming back. Awesome! Just don't expect him to remember your name!