A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. P Syamasundar Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. P Syamasundar Rao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rao
Overuse Injury in Youths Patient Education Learn about the most common overuse injuries that youths face when participating in sports, and how to minimize the risk of injury when participating in these types of activities by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. P Syamasundar Rao, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Aortic Coarctation
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- Tricuspid Atresia
- Ventricular Septal Defects
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Rao has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. P Syamasundar Syamasundar Rao MD is a male Pediatrician, has 46 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. P Syamasundar S. Rao practice?
- Dr. P Syamasundar Rao has 1 office location.
Dr. P Syamasundar Rao practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Pediatricians and Houston Pediatric Specialists.