Sydney R Brandwein Patient Reviews

• Park Ridge, IL

3.0

April 13th, 2015
Worst experience ever
I am a 19 year old Asian female with chronic pain. Last year, my family doctor diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, and I wanted a second opinion just in case. I have had 4 very bad experiences with doctors in the past year, but this was definitely the worst. First of all, I had to wait FOUR MONTHS to get an appointment with him, but I thought it would at least be worth it. When the day finally came, the first nurse who I was with was extremely rude and condescending, when I went in by myself, she sent me back to the waiting room to "go wait with mommy" as she put it. As we were heading back, I saw Brandwein walking around and he seemed nice enough to the rest of his patients (who, incidentally, were all white and much older than me), so I didn't mind going back to wait. It took him about an hour to get to me. When he did, he was just as hauty, if not more so, than his nurse. He spent the entire appointment patronizing me as I described my symptoms to him. He rolled his eyes and chuckled as I told him about my pain and migraines. He also left in the middle of the appointment to "take a call", but he was just standing outside in the hall for almost 15 minutes, talking about the Blackhawks game with other members of the staff. At the end of the appointment, he said, "It's probably just fibromyalgia, I don't see why you had to come to me. I'll have them run some blood tests, but I doubt I'll have to see you again." Terrible. I would give 0 stars, if possible.

November 16th, 2008
Very nice and thorough doctor.