Family Physicians

701 Robley Dr
Ste 100
Lafayette, LA 70503
337-988-4116
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  upset no longer takes insurance  |  show details
by patient on Jul 16th, 2014

I have been going to him for a few years and during that time I was told that he could only issue one pain medication now and the latest is that he will no longer take insurance and each office visit will now cost $150. Now I have to find another doctor and I pray I can find one that is caring and takes insurance and can help me!

|  show details
Jan 7th, 2014

I have never written a review before, but this Dr. was so bad and rude to me. The first couple of months I saw this dr. he made me cry on every visit.I told him my shoulder hurt, and he said "tell someone who cares" Later after going to another dr. I was diagnose with a complete rotor cuff tear and had surgery. Even going there shortly after surgery for pain meds he acted like I was faking my surgery. I have also had several neck surgeries and surgery on the other shoulder. I saw him for 2yrs. for pain meds, I found if I didn't say anything during the office visit, then he didn't make me cry.

|  Treated me I was a waste of his time  |  show details
by Mom of 2 on Jun 17th, 2013

So after having my second child, I was having a bad case of postpartum depression and anxiety, but mostly horrible anxiety. I was having panic attacks three to four times a day. They were so bad at times, that I thought I was having a heart attack. I made an appointment with Dr. Sydney Crackower in hopes of getting help. He literally spent a total of 2 minutes talking to me. In this short time, I told him about my panic attacks and how I'd like to have a temporary aid (medication), something to help with this horrible stress, anxiety and panic attacks. He literally looked me up and down, smacked his lips and said, "I don't prescribe Xanax!" Excuse me, but I did not ask for xanax, I was desperately asking for HELP! I started to cry when he said this, because it made me feel like a druggie, lower than dirt. Oh and the whole while, holding my newborn crying baby in my arms. I NEVER take drugs, not even Tylenol or over the counter meds, but obviously I was in desperate need of help! When he saw me crying, he smirked and laughed and asked, "Are you crying because you can't get the drug you want?!" ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!!! I still cannot believe he said this. I said, "I just need help with my stress!" He then slammed his binder of patient medical records and said, "I cannot do anything for you!" I then put my newborn in her car seat, bawling my eyes out and feeling helpless only to meet the receptionist who informed me that the days visit would be $120.00!! So basically Dr. Crackower gets paid $120.00 for two minutes of humiliating moms in pain!! Dr. Sydney Crackower is a JOKE! And get this, I overheard the patient in the next room, who looked like he was 18 years or so getting a script of Oxycontin for his "wreck" he got in and for his "pain". The guy looked completely healthy, walked out smiling and cracking jokes the whole way out. hmmmm..... Let's just say his name "CRACKOWER" fits! Disgusting!

|  Waste of time and money.  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2013

Horrible bedside manor. Absolutely NO concern for patients. More concerned about money than your well-being. Has an in-house councillor who will refer you to Dr. Crackower; and here's the kicker: He is Dr. Crackower's significant other. Had I known this fact, or how Dr. Crackower treats his patients, I would never have gone.

|  Exceptional Physician!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

He is a very kind, and caring physician. He will take the time to explain medications and conditions IN DETAIL, and in a simple to understand manner. I have been seeing Dr. Crackower for over 2 years now, and have had nothing but a positive Doctor/Patient relationship!

|  Bad Doctor  |  show details