Dr. Syed Ahmed MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

January 24th, 2017
Good doctor, lousy office staff
This review is for the psychiatric services the doctor provides through the office of his spouse's rheumatology practise. I was referred to Dr. Ahmed by my psychologist for medication prescribing/management. He seems genuinely caring, concerned and empathetic. Office admin, Monica, is a snarky, short-tempered girl who acts like you are bothering her when you have to call to leave a message for the doctor. No recommendations here for that reason alone, she needs a new attitude. I tried several times to contact the office to get my new prescription, and was told my insurance had denied the medication. No one had ever called to tell me this was so. I made sure the office had my new insurance info, but again had to wait a few days to be told my meds are under review for authorization via my insurance. I waited a few more days and was told, well it takes a while for approval and then Monica hung up the phone. After having gone without my medication for 2 wks, she told me because I raised my voice at her and the doctor doesn't take my new insurance she cancelled my future appointment, discharged me as a patient, called my primary care doctor so he can deal with me, then hung up on me, VERY unprofessional. So I STILL have no medication, despite the fact you are not supposed to stop these types of meds quickly. My husband even called the insurance to be told no prescription had ever been sent to them for review; very suspicious and definitely NOT acceptable conduct from a doctor's office.

March 3rd, 2016
AWFUL, UNCARING, ARROGANT
he didn't even know what adoption was. when he came into my room he made it very clear who he why and the importance of "his" position at the VA hospital. He took a phone call in the middle of our conversation, asked me to continue while he text messages for over 20 minutes. when we finally got back to adoption he had no idea what I was speaking of. I tried repeatedly to explain that me and my siblings were adopted as infants and when my brother dies of ALS he asked if my brother was living w/ a different family! How can he not know what adoption is? He also informed me that 48 was much too young to be dx w/ ALS and it couldn't possibly be true. He also made another point that he was seeing me as a "favor"; as if I should be forever greatful. To someone who didn't listen to me, to someone who texted during our meeting and worst of all, someone who didn't even know what adoption is.

June 12th, 2013
Vietnam disabled veteran
Not only is Dr. Ahmed a keenly skillful and highly knowledgeable psychiatrist; he is - even more importantly - an understanding, empathetic and caring man. In short, he is a wonerful human being; the kind of person we should all aspire to be. Former soldiers and whomever else he serves are so very fortunate that we can count Dr. Ahmed among us. Afteer many years in his counsel, I consider him not only my doctor but also my friend. p.s. And no, he didn't pay me to say the above; it's directly from my heart.

August 10th, 2015