Dr. Syed Ahmed MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4
  • 2 reviews

March 3rd, 2016
AWFUL, UNCARING, ARROGANT
he didn't even know what adoption was. when he came into my room he made it very clear who he why and the importance of "his" position at the VA hospital. He took a phone call in the middle of our conversation, asked me to continue while he text messages for over 20 minutes. when we finally got back to adoption he had no idea what I was speaking of. I tried repeatedly to explain that me and my siblings were adopted as infants and when my brother dies of ALS he asked if my brother was living w/ a different family! How can he not know what adoption is? He also informed me that 48 was much too young to be dx w/ ALS and it couldn't possibly be true. He also made another point that he was seeing me as a "favor"; as if I should be forever greatful. To someone who didn't listen to me, to someone who texted during our meeting and worst of all, someone who didn't even know what adoption is.

June 12th, 2013
Vietnam disabled veteran
Not only is Dr. Ahmed a keenly skillful and highly knowledgeable psychiatrist; he is - even more importantly - an understanding, empathetic and caring man. In short, he is a wonerful human being; the kind of person we should all aspire to be. Former soldiers and whomever else he serves are so very fortunate that we can count Dr. Ahmed among us. Afteer many years in his counsel, I consider him not only my doctor but also my friend. p.s. And no, he didn't pay me to say the above; it's directly from my heart.